What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
There was only 35k tickets sold to that game a week ago, they weren't even opening level 6 at that stage. After beating Jordan in Melbourne, the spectacle was set.

I see Brisbane isn't the only city that craves the hottest ticket in town.

Flapper

First Grade
Watched 10 minutes of the union tonight. Probably the flattest atmosphere I have heard in years at any ground. 10k raiders fans make way more noise

Brumbies games are the flattest spectacles ever witnessed in sport. I went there one time to watch them play the Chiefs (the missus is a Union idiot) and I yelled out some playful jibe to her sporting crush about her wanting to have sex with him and the crowd spun around as if I just racially abused them while f**king a dog.me and my brother in law were blind and seemed to be the only two people in the crowd making any noise! The joint was so quiet you'd swear blind they were rolling a coffin out at half time and having a funeral.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Why the f**k is this game played in this round. SBW vs Bulldogs could of got Massive PR and Crowed after the orgin series was over. brb luck to get pass 25k this friday. would of got massive crowd if they played between Round 20 to 26. would of been pissed if i was the dog admin
Unfair for the Bulldogs. Roosters have been massively blessed with a dream draw thus far. No origin affected home games. Had the season opener. Hosted the ANZAC clash. Had the first SBW vs. Bulldogs game. And out of their 8 home games only 3 of them were up against non-Sydney teams. Watch them gloriously burst into flame in their last 4 rounds against low crowd drawing opposition.

franklin2323

Immortal
Its a pity. All of that advertising space and time pissed down the drain for origin which practically sells itself anyway. Half of the origin ads alone on tv would be sufficient to market the round games in each city

That's what I said before SOO 1. Serious who doesn't know about SOO it's why the club games suffer not so much for the actual games but lack of advertisement

franklin2323

Immortal
For anybody thinking about going Dogs V Roosters friday night.

For 80 minutes on Tuesday, 18 June (TODAY) between 5.00pm and 6.20pm all fans can head to ticketek.com.au to purchase tickets at the following prices:

Adult: $10 I Concession: $7.50 I Junior: $5 I Family: $20

Should be the prices all the time. Even suburban grounds this should be the GA prices. It was great the other week at Centrebet to see the GA areas overflowing.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Being realistic about friday nights crowd. We will bring <1000 to the game, so its all about maximum home support. Even with the SBW factor (if he even plays, very convenient injury.......) I would cap it at 20k. Poor weather this week, mid winter at night, lead up to origin with both sides missing key players

As for the rest

Doggies V Chooks 18k
Tigers V Raiders 9k
Parra V Souths 16k
Titans V Storm 9.5k

It is a diabolical situation that we have 3 night games in mid winter in a split round with all teams missing key players. To get anywhere near the strategic plan goals the ARLC will have to increase the amount of daytime footy dramatically. The whole tv schedule needs revisited as we shouldn't have to accept the status quo.

Also depressing that FNF is basically a top 4 clash when the effect of the bye points are taken into account

Last edited:

pcpp

Juniors
This game could've got at least 40k if played in Round 1 like the Doggies asked for... instead with the NRL's scheduling and promotion both Dogs v Roosters games barely got that combined.

BunniesMan

Immortal
20275 very poor for basically an all top 4 clash. Something must be done about Origin. We are well over due for standalone origin weekends.

Danish

Referee
Is Bunniesman running his mouth about teams' crowds that average thousands upon thousands more than his team again?

Status
Not open for further replies.