What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Expect a sea of empty blue, teal and yellow seats to wash up on the Gold Coast on Monday night

It will be like the AFL's GWS, the Suns and Clive Palmer's A-League Gold Coast Utd

Happy days!

DC_fan

Coach
Expect a sea of empty blue, teal and yellow seats to wash up on the Gold Coast on Monday night

It will be like the AFL's GWS, the Suns and Clive Palmer's A-League Gold Coast Utd

Happy days!

Regardless of how small the crowd is they will not post a crowd of less then 10,000.

Hell no one could turn up and they would still post a crowd of over 10,000

Just in regards to GC Titans crowds, what is the issue there? And yeah, the Suns haven't got any crowd either and they're doing OK for a 3 year old team.

That game against the Cowboys and there was no one in the stands for the Titans.

Is the GC a sport team grave yard? Considering in '06 we were told it was 'different' to last time, it seems to have slowly petered away. Suns haven't really taken off and the Basketball and Soccer died too.

And pls don't take this as an anti-GC Titans post. I'm curious as to how and why they're in the doldrums and how they'll pick themselves up.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I think the crowds are understandable,Socceroos qualifying for the World Cup,British and Irish Mongs touring Australia which they don't do often and State of Origin which is the biggest sporting event in Australia

Socceroos +British and Irish Mongs + State of Origin + Wazn = Life sucked out of the NRL

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Unrelated question, how did Rabbitohs vs Storm get 35k this year?

Top 2 sides, good weather, on pay TV, lots of storm fans. The potential is always there for this sort of crowd, its just circumstances such as weather and traffic which hammer Sydney crowds

the dude

Juniors
20k was decent last night, about what I expected.

Looks like rain on Sunday so I'm bracing myself for a poor turnout for Eels vs Souths - probably 14k or so

Big Sam

First Grade
Is Bunniesman running his mouth about teams' crowds that average thousands upon thousands more than his team again?

They're only averaging 2k more than us. It was more last year.

I thought the Dogs' crowd was good last night, not helped by a piddly away contingent. Seriously, you lot are almost as bad as Manly when it comes to travelling.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
They're only averaging 2k more than us. It was more last year.

I thought the Dogs' crowd was good last night, not helped by a piddly away contingent. Seriously, you lot are almost as bad as Manly when it comes to travelling.

Na we are consistenly better than Manly, Cronulla and Penrith with away support. But Souths, Parra, Dragons, Doggies are miles ahead as would be expected from the big 4 clubs.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Sub 10k tonight I reckon.

I was going to say 7k at a push

in my boredom tonight I have put in what I think the crowds will be for the rest of the season for each game. Bad news I came up with an average of 16,113 i.e less than last year and the worst in several.

Last edited:

DIOGENES

Juniors

in my boredom tonight I have put in what I think the crowds will be for the rest of the season for each game. Bad news I came up with an average of 16,113 i.e less than last year and the worst in several.

I think you need to get out more.

There are dogs v rabbits and roosters v rabbits late season at ANZ. These could.be top 4 clashes. What did you factor in for those? I reckon minimum 40k each.

Status
Not open for further replies.