What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
and remind us please what was the opposition for what was by miles the Dog's biggest home crowd...

Rd 1
Bulldogs v Cowboys............11,627

Rd 4
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs.....................51,686.

Rd 5
Bulldogs vs Manly...........18,563

Rd 8
Bulldogs vs Tigers.........23,453

Rd 11
Bulldogs vs Brisbane...........11,344

Rd 12
Bulldogs vs Saints............22,958

Rd 15
Bulldogs vs Roosters............20,275

Average for ALL 7 games:
159,906 / 7 = 22,843

Average for 6 games - Souths Good Friday game:
159,906 - 51,686 = 108,220
108,220 / 6 = 18,036

Pretty comparable with Souffs, I'd say.

The good thing I see, is Souths and Dogs getting in to bed together to do a dual gate sharing. More clubs should do it to encourage fans in to the games.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Rd 1

Rd 4

Rd 5

Rd 8

Rd 11

Rd 12

Rd 15

Average for ALL 7 games:
159,906 / 7 = 22,843

108,220 / 6 = 18,036

The good thing I see, is Souths and Dogs getting in to bed together to do a dual gate sharing. More clubs should do it to encourage fans in to the games.

It is done to an extent. Parra, Souths and the Bulldogs have their clashes included in their memberships. As far as I know Souths and the Doggies do it to offset the loss of their road games at home, so members still get acesss to 12 games.

The Tigers and Roosters should be doing it at Allianz but unfortunately we only play once this year.

I think it could work between Allianz and ANZ as well and should be looked at. e.g. Souths and Roosters fans get access to each game as a 13th access game in their memberships. So it would offset the shit seats roosters fans would get (relative to Allianz) as its pretty much free.

Another theoretical example would be to have Dragons and Sharks to play home and away at Allianz with both sets of members given access (i.e another 13th game for members). I would imagine the SCGT would be very interested in securing high drawing rivalry games and the NRL should pursue this. Easiest way to boost crowds without drastic change.

The AFL do this very effectively with membership packages at clubs like Richmond and Collingwood giving access to 11, 14, 16 games etc.....

Throw in free public transport for all games at Allianz and ANZ and watch the attendance culture build

It is done to an extent. Parra, Souths and the Bulldogs have their clashes included in their memberships. As far as I know Souths and the Doggies do it to offset the loss of their road games at home, so members still get acesss to 12 games.

The Tigers and Roosters should be doing it at Allianz but unfortunately we only play once this year.

I think it could work between Allianz and ANZ as well and should be looked at. e.g. Souths and Roosters fans get access to each game as a 13th access game in their memberships. So it would offset the shit seats roosters fans would get (relative to Allianz) as its pretty much free.

Another theoretical example would be to have Dragons and Sharks to play home and away at Allianz with both sets of members given access (i.e another 13th game for members). I would imagine the SCGT would be very interested in securing high drawing rivalry games and the NRL should pursue this. Easiest way to boost crowds without drastic change.

The AFL do this very effectively with membership packages at clubs like Richmond and Collingwood giving access to 11, 14, 16 games etc.....

Throw in free public transport for all games at Allianz and ANZ and watch the attendance culture build

Anything that encourages crowds, encourages reciprocal crowds, encourages season tickets / memberships HAS to be a good thing.

As a Souths member who travels to a number of Sydney 'away' games, having the Para & Dogs game included in my season ticket is great. If the Roosters did it, even better (and if Tigers did it for Allianz too). I'd be happy to pay more for the season ticket if it saved me the fuss of buying tix, etc AND locked me in in a way so I'd be more encouraged to go to 'away' games.

As someone who goes to Sharks and Panthers away games too, I can understand why they wouldn't as they have smaller grounds, so it wouldn't be quite fair. Same goes for Manly and Saints, but I can't see them doing a chair-share deal.

Hey, maybe that's what they could call it: The Great NRL CHAIR SHARE!

thorson1987

Coach
Anything that encourages crowds, encourages reciprocal crowds, encourages season tickets / memberships HAS to be a good thing.

As a Souths member who travels to a number of Sydney 'away' games, having the Para & Dogs game included in my season ticket is great. If the Roosters did it, even better (and if Tigers did it for Allianz too). I'd be happy to pay more for the season ticket if it saved me the fuss of buying tix, etc AND locked me in in a way so I'd be more encouraged to go to 'away' games.

As someone who goes to Sharks and Panthers away games too, I can understand why they wouldn't as they have smaller grounds, so it wouldn't be quite fair. Same goes for Manly and Saints, but I can't see them doing a chair-share deal.

Hey, maybe that's what they could call it: The Great NRL CHAIR SHARE!

If the Storm offered a membership that allowed me entry into all of our games in Sydney I would get one.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If the Storm offered a membership that allowed me entry into all of our games in Sydney I would get one.

Yep that would be fantastic. I believe that the Swans and Lions fans in Melbourne have access memberships at the MCG and Etihad.

Something similar could work in the NRL in particular for Warriors, Storm and Brisbane fans of which there are many in Sydney metro.

fanatique

Juniors
Rd 1

Rd 4

Rd 5

Rd 8

Rd 11

Rd 12

Rd 15

Average for ALL 7 games:
159,906 / 7 = 22,843

108,220 / 6 = 18,036

Precisely my point. When we strip away outliers and other anomalies we see no real difference.

fanatique

Juniors
The AFL guarantee blockbusters across the year by essentially guaranteeing revenue shared for the 4 Big Melbourne teams...Richmond are back in form and we'll see Richmond join Collingwood and Essendon as the three big drawcards....watch for 2 Richmond games agaisnt both next season.

The bigger NSW clubs shoud be doing likewise.

Danish

Referee
Precisely my point. When we strip away outliers and other anomalies we see no real difference.

I see... So if we take out the dogs biggest crowd, their average is only as good as yours - providing you get to keep your biggest crowd of course :lol:

Take the 32,000 "outlier" out of your attendances and Souths average drops down to 15,000. But I guess you'll have some reason why that crowd is legitimate while the dogs highest crowd remains unfair

I see... So if we take out the dogs biggest crowd, their average is only as good as yours - providing you get to keep your biggest crowd of course :lol:

Take the 32,000 "outlier" out of your attendances and Souths average drops down to 15,000. But I guess you'll have some reason why that crowd is legitimate while the dogs highest crowd remains unfair

In any season, that Dogs / Souths crowd is an anomaly.

Top of the table clashes for 32,000 aren't really.

But I see your point as well, and I agree with it.

And I bet 100-1, next season if the Good Friday game gets a 50k crowd, there will be some reason to rubbish Souths for it. But hey, if pissing games are fun for some. I'd rather just see good crowds all round the NRL.

Last edited:

the dude

Juniors

The difference being that of that 32k, it was 90% souths fans.

The 50k+ was more a 50/50 split

the dude

Juniors
I've got a feeling it's gonna be a real shit crowd against the Eels today.. At least it goes down as their home game

Danish

Referee
The difference being that of that 32k, it was 90% souths fans.

The 50k+ was more a 50/50 split

Of course it was...

Where are these 29000 Souths fans for every other home game you've have then? Why didn't they turn up to the Easter Monday game and make it a 60,000 crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts