What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
My godson wanted me to take him to the dockers today. $30 adult, $2 kids including transport. 31k there in the rain.

NRL needs to look at ticket prices.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No other team in the NRL would get our respectable crowd averages for getting the wooden spoon 2 years in a row(not even Brisbane Bronncos scum)

Bow before the blue and gold the most popular and beloved NRL team

You speak a bit of poo in there.

Big Sam

First Grade
If it was 17k, it was a very quiet 17k until the Burrow fired up. There were times during the first half when the rain hitting the roof was making more noise than the fans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If it was 17k, it was a very quiet 17k until the Burrow fired up. There were times during the first half when the rain hitting the roof was making more noise than the fans.

The tv needs to buy so e of the English sky spots crowd microphones! I was pleasantly surprised how loud the roosters and warriors fans were last week yet to watch on TV it sounded dead. Get the mic off the refs and point it at the supporters groups!

H.H

Juniors
The tv needs to buy so e of the English sky spots crowd microphones! I was pleasantly surprised how loud the roosters and warriors fans were last week yet to watch on TV it sounded dead. Get the mic off the refs and point it at the supporters groups!

Probably doesn't happen for you too often around here, but I actually agree with you.

the dude

Juniors
I was there,

Level 4 was about 80% full. It's hard to pick a crowd at anz when they're up high, I thought it looked like 14 or 15.

17,000 is a good turnout. Definitely more Souths fans, anyone saying otherwise is full of it. We pretty much packed out level 4.

RWB

Bench

A poor atmosphere at ANZ? I think you're having us on.

fanatique

Juniors
Of course it was...

Where are these 29000 Souths fans for every other home game you've have then? Why didn't they turn up to the Easter Monday game and make it a 60,000 crowd?

Don't ask silly questions. We all know that every club has many fans that pick and choose.

Fact is that South Sydney have been watched live by more fans this season than any other NSW club and they are almost level with Brissy H and A. They have a very healthy home average and have added thousands to the gate at every away game they have played. The bunnies out and about is good for rugby in Sydney, across the state and across the game.

There are the facts. Its exactly like the revival of Richmond in the AFL. Most Mexes will bitch about bandwagon while praying for a home game against Richmond next year. Most NSWelsh fans will bitch about the Bunnies while gladly accepting the bumper home crowd a top 4 bunnies means.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
17K. Is good considering 1st v 16th. Given there is 20k seats undercover ( Well the bottom tier anyway) Add that to once inside everything undercover rain doesnt have much impact there.

papabear

Juniors
My godson wanted me to take him to the dockers today. $30 adult, $2 kids including transport. 31k there in the rain.

NRL needs to look at ticket prices.

IMO this post needs work.

Are far better one would have been, "NRL needs to look at ticket prices"

Valheru

Coach
Don't ask silly questions. We all know that every club has many fans that pick and choose.
Fact is that South Sydney have been watched live by more fans this season than any other NSW club and they are almost level with Brissy H and A. They have a very healthy home average and have added thousands to the gate at every away game they have played. The bunnies out and about is good for rugby in Sydney, across the state and across the game.
There are the facts. Its exactly like the revival of Richmond in the AFL. Most Mexes will bitch about bandwagon while praying for a home game against Richmond next year. Most NSWelsh fans will bitch about the Bunnies while gladly accepting the bumper home crowd a top 4 bunnies means.

Next you will be sprouting the “pride of the league” and “when souffs are doing well, rugby league is doing well” lines.

Souffs supporters still don’t get it; souffs crowds aren’t bad on their own. The fact is they claim to have this mythical membership base which never seems to turn up and on top of that they think they are the most popular sporting club in the known universe and any large crowd away from ANZ is automatically attributed to them. Any small crowd at ANZ is due to a lack of away support.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Next you will be sprouting the ?pride of the league? and ?when souffs are doing well, rugby league is doing well? lines.

Souffs supporters still don?t get it; souffs crowds aren?t bad on their own. The fact is they claim to have this mythical membership base which never seems to turn up and on top of that they think they are the most popular sporting club in the known universe and any large crowd away from ANZ is automatically attributed to them. Any small crowd at ANZ is due to a lack of away support.
Hi Valheru. I like that glass house you're living in over there. According to the Roosters website you have 13,751 members. Can you please remind me what crowd you got against Warriors on Sun 16th July, Panthers Sun 5th May and Broncos Sat 23rd Mar? Also can you please tell me which matches the extra 6,000 fans came to for SBW?

By the way, Rabbitohs do have the largest Away crowd average. The stats don't lie, can you please explain why this may be if it has nothing to do with Rabbitohs fans turning up?

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Most NSWelsh fans will bitch about the Bunnies while gladly accepting the bumper home crowd a top 4 bunnies means.
So true. The Sea Eagles, Bulldogs, Roosters and Eels have all had their best or 2nd best crowd numbers when they've come up against the Bunnies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts