What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dude

Juniors
Some of the childish rubbish on here is disheartening. If we want crowds to grow people on here will have to accept that away support will play a massive part, in particular away members. Should we cut Collingwood, Essendon etc..... attendance in half just because away fans bother to turn up at their games?

The average is what it is. The draw isn't the same for any two teams so imo comparisons are null and void. But for the record an earlier post claimed we had 12k attending fans. What rubbish, we like every club have fans who turn up for big rivalry games v Sydney clubs and then those who go every week. Against souths it was pretty close to 50/50 in the stands, apart from that we dominated the dragons on Anzac day and the doggies couldn't have brought more than 3k

My main point is that after we host the Roosters, Dogs, etc. our numbers will likely be better than yours.

Roosters last 4 home games are against Manly, Sharks, Raiders and Titans, we'll see how good the average looks then

CC_Roosters

First Grade
My main point is that after we host the Roosters, Dogs, etc. our numbers will likely be better than yours.

Roosters last 4 home games are against Manly, Sharks, Raiders and Titans, we'll see how good the average looks then

I really don't care. I hope both clubs have as large an average as possible. If souths is bigger So be it

Tonight's game imo has benefited greatly from the fixed schedule. Look around the ground at the travelling storm support who have been able to plan 20 weeks or more ahead. The NRL should be having a serious look at an advertising campaign in nsw and Vic each year to Get away fans to skilled. The afl advertise all of the gold coast suns home games with this aim

H.H

Juniors
For the first time in years you have a bigger crowd average than us, and it is only part way through the year.

Congratulations.

Easily outnumbered us in Rd 1 eh? What a load of crap.

Yeah I thought it was very clear actually.

If you'd care to revisit this thread from straight after that game there was a number of Souffs supporters that said as much.

Think it was only BM and Bournon Bec who said otherwise....and now you...

Flapper

First Grade
This is the same BunniesMan who said that since Dave Smith ordered a crackdown on crowd figures no team can bullshit, then has called bullshit on every single Titans home crowd since, and ignores every post calling him out about it.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Yeah I thought it was very clear actually.

If you'd care to revisit this thread from straight after that game there was a number of Souffs supporters that said as much.

Think it was only BM and Bournon Bec who said otherwise....and now you...

The game day thread? You mean the views of people watching it on TV? :lol:

In any case, stop bitching, outside of the Anzac Day game it is your biggest draw, and your next biggest crowd was over one third smaller.

H.H

Juniors
The game day thread? You mean the views of people watching it on TV? :lol:

In any case, stop bitching, outside of the Anzac Day game it is your biggest draw, and your next biggest crowd was over one third smaller.

No mate, the crowd watch thread.

Not bitching, just responding. Every club has big drawing games. What is the Dogs' next biggest crowd after Good Friday? Use a fraction if you will, just to keep it consistent.

I have no idea btw, just curious.

ByRd

First Grade
23k v Tigers
23k v Dragons
20k v Roosters
18k v Eagles

We're doing alright considering how poor we've been playing so far this year

Also, we have been number one in sydney since 2009 and going back to around 2003, we have been first or second!!

Last edited:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
No mate, the crowd watch thread.

Not bitching, just responding. Every club has big drawing games. What is the Dogs' next biggest crowd after Good Friday? Use a fraction if you will, just to keep it consistent.

I have no idea btw, just curious.

Their best, which is also the best in the NRL so far, was against us at 51k.

Their next best is 23k.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Maybe the NRL should give non NRL area's/Bush/Country etc the whole NRL season so we see packed crowds of 5000-16000 in these deprived area's and just give Sydney etc the big derby games and have SOO on weekends.

fanatique

Juniors
Yep of course, disregard the 2 biggest crowds because it doesn’t suit your argument. You don’t see any roosters fans trying to disregard the 2 lowest figures.

We easily outnumbered souffs fans in round 1 and for the first time ever we may have even outnumbered saints fans on ANZAC day.

You haven’t answered anything, every other club is in the same boat and none have such a negative variance and you can’t explain why.

Ar you arguing that the Roos have more matchgoing fans than the Souths?

Good on you mate. Use the advantage provided by the draw to argue the ridiculous. You happen to be at home on both Round 1 and ANZAC....a scheduling piece of luck. Home attendances V out of stae opposition played in Sydney is the gauge. Souths have drawn 32,671 V Storm and 15,972 V the Cowboys. Roos have also hosted both clubs...19,164 V Storm and 11,040 V the Cowboys. Same opposition all games played in stadia with no capacity issues.
I like the Chookies mate. I like the tradition. But stop talking rubbish man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts