What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
Hi Valheru. I like that glass house you're living in over there. According to the Roosters website you have 13,751 members. Can you please remind me what crowd you got against Warriors on Sun 16th July, Panthers Sun 5th May and Broncos Sat 23rd Mar?

The difference being that you won?t see one roosters fan claim that the panthers/warriors crowds were good crowds. The Brisbane crowd is passable. I see you conveniently neglected to mention the other 5 crowds that were well above our membership numbers.

Also can you please tell me which matches the extra 6,000 fans came to for SBW?

As for the extra 6,000 crap, that is PR garbage and again not something that roosters fans mention.

By the way, Rabbitohs do have the largest Away crowd average. The stats don't lie, can you please explain why this may be if it has nothing to do with Rabbitohs fans turning up?

I would imagine it would be because they are coming 1st. It?s not hard to work out. Additionally they are 1 of 7 teams to have had an away game against Brisbane and also let?s not forgot that ?away? game against the dogs. You are happy to mention your alleged ?role? in other teams home crowds but you aren?t as quick to mention the factors behind your away crowds.

This isn?t meant to be a direct comparison between souffs and the roosters but if you want to make it one then fine. We average 21462 for this season so far which is approx 8k above our membership level, you guys average 18639 which is approx 8k below your alleged numbers. There is no other club with such a negative variance let alone one having their best season in 40 years and no souffs supporter can explain why.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You do have to give Souths credit for having away support, 2011 and 2012 they finished second to another team. So it's no surprise they are leading this season.

Big Sam

First Grade
This isn’t meant to be a direct comparison between souffs and the roosters but if you want to make it one then fine. We average 21462 for this season so far which is approx 8k above our membership level, you guys average 18639 which is approx 8k below your alleged numbers. There is no other club with such a negative variance let alone one having their best season in 40 years and no souffs supporter can explain why.

We explain but you refuse to listen (or are incapable of comprehending). Membership does not equal season tickets.

Disregard your crowds for Round 1 and ANZAC Day which were significantly boosted by large away support. The crowds you got against Penrith and NZ are a true indication of how many supporters you have - 12k maximum.

the dude

Juniors
Lets look at the 10 highest crowds of the season

51686 Bulldogs vs Souths
42556 Broncos vs Cowboys
40752 Roosters vs Dragons
40071 Broncos vs Storm
39111 Broncos vs Souths
35952 Roosters v Souths
34596 Broncos v Titans
32740 Warriors v Roosters
32671 Souths v Storm
31139 Broncos vs Manly

Teams that featured multiple times;

Broncos: 5
Souths: 4
Roosters: 3
Storm: 2

Souths numbers are worse than the Roosters simply because you got benefits of the round 1 clash, it would've been just as big at ANZ. Also, you got to host the Anzac Day game.

The huge crowds against Roosters and Dogs don't go down as home games for us. Our crowd numbers will look much nicer when we host the Dogs and Roosters in rd 25/26

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Yep of course, disregard the 2 biggest crowds because it doesn’t suit your argument. You don’t see any roosters fans trying to disregard the 2 lowest figures.

We easily outnumbered souffs fans in round 1 and for the first time ever we may have even outnumbered saints fans on ANZAC day.

You haven’t answered anything, every other club is in the same boat and none have such a negative variance and you can’t explain why.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
The difference being that you won?t see one roosters fan claim that the panthers/warriors crowds were good crowds. The Brisbane crowd is passable. I see you conveniently neglected to mention the other 5 crowds that were well above our membership numbers.
You don't have to claim it was a good crowd as it doesn't change the facts. They're a sh!t crowds for a top 4 side as you would say. I'm merely pointing out the glass house you've been living in as YOU'VE conveniently neglected to acknowledge the inflated numbers your ANZAC clash and season opener would bring. We can both pick and choose here..
Additionally they are 1 of 7 teams to have had an away game against Brisbane and also let?s not forgot that ?away? game against the dogs.
So half the league have had a game against Broncos, so what?
This isn?t meant to be a direct comparison between souffs and the roosters but if you want to make it one then fine. We average 21462 for this season so far which is approx 8k above our membership level, you guys average 18639 which is approx 8k below your alleged numbers.
I can explain why but every other Souths supporter has explained why previously. You've either ignored the posts or aren't reading them properly. Souths have all their blockbuster matches at the end of the season (Manly/Bulldogs/Roosters). Roosters have already had theirs (Rabbitohs/Dragons/Bulldogs). The numbers will even out by the end of the season so that garbage average you've stated above will no longer hold true. I mean really, you could have the same home average as the Titans and still beat your piddly membership it's that bad. In fact, you're better off explaining why eight thousand of your alleged supporters can't be bothered signing up for a club membership. Only enough room in their wallets for a Swans membership card?
There is no other club with such a negative variance let alone one having their best season in 40 years and no souffs supporter can explain why.
Wrong. Dragons only have 64% of their member numbers attending home games. Rabbitohs have 70% of their member numbers attending home games.
NB to Dragons fans. This is not a dig at your supporters, I think you've done well with membership in relation to your spot on the table. Just pointing out Valheru's poor argument.

gronkathon

First Grade
Ahh supporters of two teams with long periods of truly horrific and embarrassing crowd numbers in a wild fap off about crowds.

2013 you have provided yet again

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Yep of course, disregard the 2 biggest crowds because it doesn?t suit your argument. You don?t see any roosters fans trying to disregard the 2 lowest figures.

We easily outnumbered souffs fans in round 1 and for the first time ever we may have even outnumbered saints fans on ANZAC day.

You haven?t answered anything, every other club is in the same boat and none have such a negative variance and you can?t explain why.

For the first time in years you have a bigger crowd average than us, and it is only part way through the year.

Congratulations.

Easily outnumbered us in Rd 1 eh? What a load of crap.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
For the first time in years you have a bigger crowd average than us, and it is only part way through the year.

Congratulations.

Easily outnumbered us in Rd 1 eh? What a load of crap.
Yes. The last time Roosters beat Souths in crowd numbers was in 2006 when we won the Wooden Spoon. We've 'dominated' them ever since. Including 2010 when they made the grand final. :lol:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not if you divide it by territory square kilometre.
JOHN-BARROWMAN-cool-story-bro-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-549.gif

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Some of the childish rubbish on here is disheartening. If we want crowds to grow people on here will have to accept that away support will play a massive part, in particular away members. Should we cut Collingwood, Essendon etc..... attendance in half just because away fans bother to turn up at their games?

The average is what it is. The draw isn't the same for any two teams so imo comparisons are null and void. But for the record an earlier post claimed we had 12k attending fans. What rubbish, we like every club have fans who turn up for big rivalry games v Sydney clubs and then those who go every week. Against souths it was pretty close to 50/50 in the stands, apart from that we dominated the dragons on Anzac day and the doggies couldn't have brought more than 3k

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Some of the childish rubbish on here is disheartening. If we want crowds to grow people on here will have to accept that away support will play a massive part, in particular away members. Should we cut Collingwood, Essendon etc..... attendance in half just because away fans bother to turn up at their games?

The average is what it is. The draw isn't the same for any two teams so imo comparisons are null and void. But for the record an earlier post claimed we had 12k attending fans. What rubbish, we like every club have fans who turn up for big rivalry games v Sydney clubs and then those who go every week. Against souths it was pretty close to 50/50 in the stands, apart from that we dominated the dragons on Anzac day and the doggies couldn't have brought more than 3k
What you say is true. I think most of us are just sick of the two Rooster trolls that have a go EVERY WEEK on the same thing. I actually don't mind you CC you're a good bloke.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
That looks like one of the titans better crowds of the year. 12-13k

Actually I will say 15k its filled up nicely. Reinforces that gold coast are an evenig side rather than a Sunday arvo one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.