What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
You don't have to claim it was a good crowd as it doesn't change the facts. They're a sh!t crowds for a top 4 side as you would say. I'm merely pointing out the glass house you've been living in as YOU'VE conveniently neglected to acknowledge the inflated numbers your ANZAC clash and season opener would bring. We can both pick and choose here..

I haven’t neglected to acknowledge anything. You are the one that wants to leave certain crowds out of the average. I am happy to include all games, good and bad.

Wrong. Dragons only have 64% of their member numbers attending home games. Rabbitohs have 70% of their member numbers attending home games.
NB to Dragons fans. This is not a dig at your supporters, I think you've done well with membership in relation to your spot on the table. Just pointing out Valheru's poor argument.

The Dragons are in the unique position of having a split membership base, most of which can probably only get to the 6 games in their local area. Souffs don’t have that issue.

Ar you arguing that the Roos have more matchgoing fans than the Souths?
Good on you mate. Use the advantage provided by the draw to argue the ridiculous. You happen to be at home on both Round 1 and ANZAC....a scheduling piece of luck. Home attendances V out of stae opposition played in Sydney is the gauge. Souths have drawn 32,671 V Storm and 15,972 V the Cowboys. Roos have also hosted both clubs...19,164 V Storm and 11,040 V the Cowboys. Same opposition all games played in stadia with no capacity issues.
I like the Chookies mate. I like the tradition. But stop talking rubbish man.

No I am not arguing that nor have I ever tried to argue that. You all still don’t get it, the crowds themselves aren’t the problem, there is nothing wrong with those numbers on their own, it’s the mythical membership base that is the issue. The 32k crowd was awesome but it should be the norm for a club with an alleged 26k members.

P.S. we haven’t hosted the cowboys this year.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I haven?t neglected to acknowledge anything.
You have. You've failed to acknowledge that your numbers were inflated. And you continue to ignore this fact all the while flaunting the average number as it (currently) exceeds Souths' home average. You may say that disregarding them suits our argument but to make a sound argument you have to look at the facts without bias and it is a fact that Roosters have had already played their 3 blockbusters while Souths have not. In fact thus far, Souths have only played 2 Sydney teams at home this year. You would have to be mad to even pretend this wouldn't affect a clubs crowd average. But this fact doesn't suit your argument does it?
The Dragons are in the unique position of having a split membership base, most of which can probably only get to the 6 games in their local area. Souffs don?t have that issue.
So all of Souths members live in Sydney now? 16,118 fans turned up to watch Rabbitohs vs. Titans in Cairns. Lets say half of them were Titan's supporters. Did 8,059 people travel from Sydney did they? You made a statement that there is 'no other club with such a negative variance'. Excuses or not, you were wrong.

You have. You've failed to acknowledge that your numbers were inflated. And you continue to ignore this fact all the while flaunting the average number as it (currently) exceeds Souths' home average. You may say that disregarding them suits our argument but to make a sound argument you have to look at the facts without bias and it is a fact that Roosters have had already played their 3 blockbusters while Souths have not. In fact thus far, Souths have only played 2 Sydney teams at home this year. You would have to be mad to even pretend this wouldn't affect a clubs crowd average. But this fact doesn't suit your argument does it?

So all of Souths members live in Sydney now? 16,118 fans turned up to watch Rabbitohs vs. Titans in Cairns. Lets say half of them were Titan's supporters. Did 8,059 people travel from Sydney did they? You made a statement that there is 'no other club with such a negative variance'. Excuses or not, you were wrong.

Sass, where are you getting that from or is it an assumption on your part? SFS trust is the one that posts crowd figures like I'm sure the ANZ Stadium owners do. Whether they inflate the figures or not, I don't know. There's motive there as they can get more sponsor signage dollars but then there's potential fraud allegations.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Sass, where are you getting that from or is it an assumption on your part? SFS trust is the one that posts crowd figures like I'm sure the ANZ Stadium owners do. Whether they inflate the figures or not, I don't know. There's motive there as they can get more sponsor signage dollars but then there's potential fraud allegations.
Sorry, I think you've misunderstood my comment. The comment of inflation was in relation to the two blockbusters inflating the season average not an inflation on the actual crowd in round one.

Danish

Referee
Sorry, I think you've misunderstood my comment. The comment of inflation was in relation to the two blockbusters inflating the season average not an inflation on the actual crowd in round one.

Roosters crowds are inflated on account of lots of people turning up to watch their games.... :-k

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Roosters crowds are inflated on account of lots of people turning up to watch their games.... :-k
Roosters crowds are inflated on account of having a season opener, ANZAC clash and a total of five games against Sydney teams thus far. As noted earlier Souths have only played two Sydney teams so the criticism is based on an uneven playing field. I, like most here, are happy to wait till the end of the season to see it all level out but it appears that all the Rooster trolls have jumped the gun early and want to go on half a years stats :roll:

Valheru

Coach

I?m not flaunting any number. This discussion is and has always been about souffs ?members? failing to turn up and whether they in fact exist. Every time It is brought up, roosters (or some other team?s) numbers are invariably brought up thus the comparison.

I can see we are not going to get anywhere until the bolded part is addressed in black and white. Yes I recognise we have had what are traditionally our 3 highest drawing home games whilst souths haven?t.

Better?

Also your continual disregard for our opening/ANZAC crowds is ridiculous. Next year Souffs will host the opener which could be a GF replay as well as the Good Friday game. Any crowd number for those 2 games will be purely because of Souffs fans and completely relavant to their average of course.

No of course they don?t but do you think they are the only club with members outside Sydney?

Ok so St George have a negative variance as well, I?ll be sure to ask their supporters why. To save the hassle I?ll just tell you the reasons, poor form and a split membership base.

Now what are the reasons (real) for souffs?

Danish

Referee
Roosters crowds are inflated on account of having a season opener, ANZAC clash and a total of five games against Sydney teams thus far. As noted earlier Souths have only played two Sydney teams so the criticism is based on an uneven playing field. I, like most here, are happy to wait till the end of the season to see it all level out but it appears that all the Rooster trolls have jumped the gun early and want to go on half a years stats :roll:

The only one having a grand old sook and wanting to manipulate numbers is you.

Souths crowds SHOULD be higher than anyone else in sydney. They claim by far the most members of any sydney club, have a tremendous advantage by allowing free entry to dogs members to their home game, and also play out of a stadium with around 50,000 undercover seats.

If the roosters - a club that souths fans have bagged pillar to post about our crowd numbers - finish with a season average within a few thousand of your club's you should be embarrassed

the dude

Juniors
While we're talking about it,

who has been to what games this season?

I've been to 5 so far. Been a bit lazy

vs Bulldogs, vs Storm, vs Cowboys, vs Knights, vs Eels.

Most season I go to 12 or 13 games.

Danish

Referee
I've been to every roosters game of the season thus far, including our townsville and Auckland games, and also our sunday night and monday night games at Canberra and brookie respectively (driving back home to Carbingbah at the completion of both).

On track to go attend our full home and away schedule for the first time :D

Haven't been to any other games this year since we got rid of the ANZ memberships at work.

the dude

Juniors
I've been to every roosters game of the season thus far, including our townsville and Auckland games, and also our sunday night and monday night games at Canberra and brookie respectively (driving back home to Carbingbah at the completion of both).

Haven't been to any other games this year since we got rid of the ANZ memberships at work.

Solid effort.

fanatique

Juniors
Why is there a discussion about Roosters and Bunnies attendance and fanbase as if there was some equality?

Membership numbers, facebook likes, twitter following, Roy Morgan polling, match attendance against the same opposition etc etc all show the same thing.....Bunnies well ahead of the Roos.

Sometimes facts are facts. A very favourable home draw can draw a velil over facts but they remain facts. Bunnies are a better supported club than Roos. Fact.

SaraSassypants

Juniors

Good on you. True fan.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
While we're talking about it,

who has been to what games this season?

I've been to 5 so far. Been a bit lazy

vs Bulldogs, vs Storm, vs Cowboys, vs Knights, vs Eels.

Most season I go to 12 or 13 games.
I've been 7 so far.
Round 1 vs. Roosters @ Allianz
Round 2 vs. Sharks @ ANZ
Round 3 vs. Panthers @ Penrith
-I was in USA from Round 4 till Round 7-
-Round 8 was in Brissy so couldn't get to that one-
-Round 9 was a work function so couldn't get to that one either-
Round 10 @ ANZ
Round 11 @ Shark Park
Round 12 @ ANZ
-Round 14 was in Cairns so couldn't get to that one-
Round 15 @ ANZ

Teddyboy

First Grade
Jesus H f**k you are a spastic..

Instead of dishing out ins**t's why don't you throw some idea's around for increased crowds in the NRL if your so f**kin clever mate.

Oh BTW everyone maybe the Gold Coast Titan's had to learn to walk before they could run because in there first year in the NRL they were pulling in anything between 15000-17000 at Carrara so to get anymore at a new 27000 Robina was always going to be a tough task.

Last edited:
I've been to:
Roosters v Rabbits
Roosters v Eels
Roosters v Broncos
Roosters v Bulldogs
Roosters v Dragons
Roosters v Panthers
Roosters v Warriors
Rabbitohs v Storm

(Only home game missed was vs Storm)

Status