What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Instead of dishing out ins**t's why don't you throw some idea's around for increased crowds in the NRL if your so f**kin clever mate.

Oh BTW everyone maybe the Gold Coast Titan's had to learn to walk before they could run because in there first year in the NRL they were pulling in anything between 15000-17000 at Carrara so to get anymore at a new 27000 Robina was always going to be a tough task.
If their current average stays where it is this will be the 6th consecutive year of decreased crowds. They've lost a third of the peak crowd they had in their second season. Clearly there are issues.

And I've voiced numerous ideas for increasing crowds.

Firstly I want standalone origin weekends. You stop taking the best players in the game from their clubs for a significant chunk of the year and you'll automatically increase crowds.

Secondly, I'd like clubs to come to an agreement to sell reciprocal entry to away games. Having another membership option that gets you into away games would increase memberships AND crowds.

Brutus

Referee
Instead of dishing out ins**t's why don't you throw some idea's around for increased crowds in the NRL if your so f**kin clever mate.

Oh BTW everyone maybe the Gold Coast Titan's had to learn to walk before they could run because in there first year in the NRL they were pulling in anything between 15000-17000 at Carrara so to get anymore at a new 27000 Robina was always going to be a tough task.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I guarantee if we had stand alone origin weekends and membership options that included away games you would see the NRLs average crowds surge past 20,000 in the first year.

Stormsally

Juniors
Children's tickets at titans games appear to be ridiculously priced. Turned up to the ground and wanted away supporter bay ( so GA tickets). There was a school holiday promotion for a free child ticket with a paying adult, but it was only for one GA bay, the crap corner on the side. Then told a child ticket for GA was $36! Turns out there is a family category that makes the child ticket a more realistic $16.

Interestingly the bay that had the free child ticket wasn't that full.

If you are going to do a promotion, do it properly so people are not looking for the catch.

cleary89

Coach
While we're talking about it,

who has been to what games this season?

I've been to 5 so far. Been a bit lazy

vs Bulldogs, vs Storm, vs Cowboys, vs Knights, vs Eels.

Most season I go to 12 or 13 games.

0, but ill head to the london broncos game this weekend if soward is playing.

Valheru

Coach
Why is there a discussion about Roosters and Bunnies attendance and fanbase as if there was some equality?
Membership numbers, facebook likes, twitter following, Roy Morgan polling, match attendance against the same opposition etc etc all show the same thing.....Bunnies well ahead of the Roos.
Sometimes facts are facts. A very favourable home draw can draw a velil over facts but they remain facts. Bunnies are a better supported club than Roos. Fact.

No one is arguing that the roosters have more fans or are more popular than Souffs. That is an argument that only souffs fans want to have.

The fact is that this mythical membership base of souffs isn’t turning up to games and we want to know why. The only excuse you can come up with is a widespread membership base of which every club has. When that doesn’t work you start the twitter comparisons...

From post 2191.

17k is ok in the rain. But there was easy 10k Souths fans.

It was 1st v 16th so was always going to be a terrible game yet the idiot still bags it. Meanwhile he was in Coffs Harbour

He's a swans supporter pretending to follow RL.

My apologies, franklin. I misread your comment, and thought you were saying I was an AFL fan. Mea culpa.

I've been called many things in this thread by those south of the border, I can wear anything except that. ;-)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Haha you geniuss need to realise it was a sellout.

The maroon members f**ked things up, and I'm sure that won't happen again to that degree.

Unusual for 600 to not show. Usually it's more. Start selling out every origin game then we will talk.

Chook Norris

First Grade
You could see a fairly large section full of empty seats on the coverage. Not common for SoO at suncorp. What's the go there?

elbusto

Coach
You could see a fairly large section full of empty seats on the coverage. Not common for SoO at suncorp. What's the go there?
It was sold out. I guess a bus full of spectators did not get there for some reason. I assume you are referring to the section behind the goals.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Thousands of suncorp members poms that got them just for the lions game.

Regardless is 600 or so didn't show. Ill admid I jump down on nsw when they don't show.

But we still win:

80,308 = 96%

51,900 = 98.8%

elbusto

Coach
Thousands of suncorp members poms that got them just for the lions game.

Regardless is 600 or so didn't show. Ill admid I jump down on nsw when they don't show.

But we still win:

80,308 = 96%

51,900 = 98.8%
80000 for one game and 51500 for the next. Magnificent. Why the argument?

Usain Bolt

Bench
Didnt anyone spot that one pom in the crowd wearing a Lions jersey, looked like he had no idea what was going on but had 2 beers in his hand :lol: pissheads those poms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts