What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We will sell Perth out. Perth Reds mates must come out it in force if they want to be taken seriously as a potential expansion location.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Weather forcast is good and sales are strong I've heard. Be surprised if the sold out signs don't go up before KO. Holds around 20,500 I think, take out the no shows and a 19,000+ crowd would be good. Only down side is there has been less advertising than normal for this game and we haven't had a game this year to build up interest so we are going in cold but should still sell out.

ps Bunniesman, we are already taken seriously as a potential expansion location!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Weather forcast is good and sales are strong I've heard. Be surprised if the sold out signs don't go up before KO. Holds around 20,500 I think, take out the no shows and a 19,000+ crowd would be good. Only down side is there has been less advertising than normal for this game and we haven't had a game this year to build up interest so we are going in cold but should still sell out.

ps Bunniesman, we are already taken seriously as a potential expansion location!
So possibly 1500 "noshows"? How come? Are the people of WA tuning out to rugby league? And why has there been less advertising? Has the WARL dropped the ball? Is this an organisation we want to hand over a priceless NRL license to? These are important questions that must be asked.

If the WARL doesn't want to take this seriously enough to even invest in proper marketing maybe Dave Smith needs to get on the phone to Tony Sage?

So possibly 1500 "noshows"? How come? Are the people of WA tuning out to rugby league? And why has there been less advertising? Has the WARL dropped the ball? Is this an organisation we want to hand over a priceless NRL license to? These are important questions that must be asked.

If the WARL doesn't want to take this seriously enough to even invest in proper marketing maybe Dave Smith needs to get on the phone to Tony Sage?

Certain current 'priceless nrl licenses draw sub 10k crowds on more than once in one season despite being in 'heartland' and decades of history.

elbusto

Coach

No shows occur at every game. Nothing new about that.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Looking into the rest of the season I've worked out that by the end of the season we will have an average crowd of approx 21000 (our highest in history) while the Roosters will have approx 18000.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
My numbers:

Round 17 (NZ-Perth): 19000
Round 19 (Dragons-MNF): 20000
Round 23 (Manly-Bluetongue): 18000
Round 24 (Dogs): 35000
Round 26 (Roosters): 37000

Total for 12 games: 252000, Average: 21000

Roosters
Round 19 (Sharks): 16000
Round 22 (Raiders): 12000
Round 25 (Titans): 13000

Total for 12 games: 218000, Average: 18166

Perth Red

Post Whore

lol, it's a South Sydney game, it is their responsibility to advertise it! WARL receive no money from this game. Maybe they would be better convincing Peter Holmes a Court to return to Perth with his club, Souths draw bigger crowds in Perth than they can in their own backyard?
West Coast Rabbitohs

Flapper

First Grade

You are the biggest imbecile on planet earth. Jesus f**king Christ do you READ the complete drivel you type before you hit post?

SaraSassypants

Juniors
My numbers:
Round 19 (Dragons-MNF): 20000
Round 24 (Dogs): 35000
Round 26 (Roosters): 37000

You're kidding right? 20,000 on a Monday night? Are you expecting Dragons fans to turn out? Cause they won't. I don't think 35-37k for Rounds 24-26 is achievable either. Both Friday nights. Supporters will sit at home to watch it on free to air. We've been dudded with the last 3 home games. Needed Manly game to be on a Saturday. There's no fking way people can get there after work in time. Dogs may be a fairly good crowd but Roosters fans don't travel to ANZ on a weeknight. Last year Bulldogs had Roosters on Friday Round 26 and got 23k.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You're kidding right? 20,000 on a Monday night? Are you expecting Dragons fans to turn out? Cause they won't. I don't think 35-37k for Rounds 24-26 is achievable either. Both Friday nights. Supporters will sit at home to watch it on free to air. We've been dudded with the last 3 home games. Needed Manly game to be on a Saturday. There's no fking way people can get there after work in time. Dogs may be a fairly good crowd but Roosters fans don't travel to ANZ on a weeknight. Last year Bulldogs had Roosters on Friday Round 26 and got 23k.
Last year the Roosters were terrible. This year there is a very good chance it is 1st v 2nd.

And the dogs could very well be playing for a top 4 spot when we face them. With good weather both those crowds should be 30k+.

the dude

Juniors
I think Dragons will be the worst of some pretty nice crowds.
Round 19 (Dragons-MNF): 15000
Round 24 (Dogs): 32000
Round 26 (Roosters): 35000

I know TV funds the game but with games like roosters v souths and souths v dogs on a Friday night it makes it hard to maximize crowds

Danish

Referee

I don't know about the dogs crowd, but I would expect a pretty decent crowd for our game in round 26. 35K should be the absolute minimum considering how many turned up in round 1 on a thursday evening.

Also, big picture your draw for the last few weeks helps your side a lot. 2 x friday night games gives you a 7 day turnaround between games, then as you will likely finish 1st you get a big break between round 26 and the first week of the finals (1 vs 4 plays on the sunday, doesn't it?)

Also, why should our fans travelling or not make a difference to you? Didn't you guys have like 90% of the crowd in round 1? :sarcasm:

Bumble

First Grade
I don't know about the dogs crowd, but I would expect a pretty decent crowd for our game in round 26. 35K should be the absolute minimum considering how many turned up in round 1 on a thursday evening.

Also, big picture your draw for the last few weeks helps your side a lot. 2 x friday night games gives you a 7 day turnaround between games, then as you will likely finish 1st you get a big break between round 26 and the first week of the finals (1 vs 4 plays on the sunday, doesn't it?)

Also, why should our fans travelling or not make a difference to you? Didn't you guys have like 90% of the crowd in round 1? :sarcasm:

Don't sell yourself short, it was more like 70%.

Big Sam

First Grade
That Rd 26 clash will be either the play-off for the minor prem or the awarding of it to us. Either way, it should be a regular season record crowd for us. I just hope there are more Easts fans there than the 100 they took for the Dogs game. They are the worst non-interstate travelers in the comp after Manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts