What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sam

First Grade
No Tonearm, I did what you guys do which is to set an unrealistically high target and then have a crack at your fans when that arbitrary figure is not reached.

In truth, 16k is a solid MNF and 11k was a solid FNF crowd given the circumstances.

Brutus

Referee
Kids were ducking under the turnstiles to get in knowing they were free entry. These wouldn't have been included in the official crowd figure.

H.H

Juniors
And here I was expecting some positive comments about last night's crowd.

How silly of me.

Valheru

Coach
No Tonearm, I did what you guys do which is to set an unrealistically high target and then have a crack at your fans when that arbitrary figure is not reached.
In truth, 16k is a solid MNF and 11k was a solid FNF crowd given the circumstances.

Except we didn’t set unrealistic expectations for the souths crowd, well not if you believe their membership numbers.

Most people agree that 30k is a minimum for souffs these days and we knocked over 10k off that given the weather and said 18k would be fine. They fell well short.

Unlike souffs, we don’t have the highest membership in the comp nor are we the most popular sporting team in the known universe. Most people agreed 15k would be passable given the circumstances and we exceeded it. No one is saying it was a great crowd, but it was a good one for a Monday night.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Yeh can't wait to check out the redeveloped nib packed with RLfans. A taster for what we can enjoy every two weeks when the Pirates are admitted.
That's great mate and yeah I really hope you guys get The Pirates team in. Would be great jerseys to wear with the red and black!

RWB

Bench
South Sydney drew 17k to their top 4 Friday night blockbuster against Manly last year and as a result have relocated their home game against Manly to Bluetongue this year.

Of all the fans to be stirring the pot they haven't really picked the best week to do so :p

DC_fan

Coach
Most people agree that 30k is a minimum for souffs these days and we knocked over 10k off that given the weather and said 18k would be fine. They fell well short.

Unlike souffs, we don?t have the highest membership in the comp nor are we the most popular sporting team in the known universe. Most people agreed 15k would be passable given the circumstances and we exceeded it. No one is saying it was a great crowd, but it was a good one for a Monday night.

Seriously you are kidding with this comment? I have not heard anyone come out and say Souths should be pulling a minimum of 30,000 or anywhere near that figure.

We have 26,000 members, not 26,000 ticket holders.

Big Sam

First Grade

Except we didn?t set unrealistic expectations for the souths crowd, well not if you believe their membership numbers.

Unlike souffs, we don?t have the highest membership in the comp nor are we the most popular sporting team in the known universe. Most people agreed 15k would be passable given the circumstances and we exceeded it. No one is saying it was a great crowd, but it was a good one for a Monday night.

We've only gotten >30k four times in 5 years. You've done exactly what I said you do which is to pluck an arbitrary figure out of your backside and admonish Souths for not reaching that figure.

South Sydney drew 17k to their top 4 Friday night blockbuster against Manly last year and as a result have relocated their home game against Manly to Bluetongue this year.

That was also in Gosford you moron.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Not fair to compare mid season average against full year. A round by round comparison is needed. My estimate is that it is slightly above last year (the record)

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Crowds at a four year low. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

Hey but there are still some great games to be played that should boost the numbers.

By my numbers

Up to Round 16 this year Total Attendance = 1,916,690
Over 118 games this equals average of 16,243

Up to Round 16 in 2012 Total Attendance = 1,915,010
Same games played = 16,229

Cant really compare round 16 in 2013 to round 26 in 2012 as we are in the middle of the origin period which takes thousands of the NRL average for several rounds each season.

SaraSassypants

Juniors

Of all the fans to be stirring the pot they haven't really picked the best week to do so :p
Hey mate, it actually was at Bluetongue last year. Was terrible weather too, I remember because I had bought tickets to go but because of the weather I decided against making the long drive up for safety reasons. (It was on a Friday too so would have been ridiculous traffic). FTR I thought the Monday night crowd you guys got vs. Manly was good.

firechild

First Grade
Tickets for Manly's Monday night game vs Parra are $10 for adults, $5 for juniors, $7.50 for concession and $20 for families. Hopefully that means a bigger crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts