What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyg

Bench
Decent at Melbourne given origin time. Passable at cronulla but really should have been around 18k.

Kirky

Juniors
Decent at Melbourne given origin time.

Is Origin really a factor down there? They were expecting a crowd of 23k, I can't help but be a bit disappointed with the turnout.

I know they're in an expansion market, but they're the premiers and have only cracked 20k fans once this entire season.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Is Origin really a factor down there? They were expecting a crowd of 23k, I can't help but be a bit disappointed with the turnout.

I know they're in an expansion market, but they're the premiers and have only cracked 20k fans once this entire season.

Over 25k on ANZAC day and their average is 16250, so in fact, the Melbourne Storm are doing well considering the market they are in.

I said years ago on Bigfooty that I would be happy with a 16-17k average in their new stadium. The trolls laughed.

It'll keep growing too.

thorson1987

Coach

Origin would have no effect.

What would have an effect is the afl game across the road.

Carlton v Collingwood which is the biggest rivalry in the comp.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Melbourne arent a worry at the moment that is a good crowd...

They are today a bigger sporting franchises than these Melbourne clubs;

Melbourne Demons FC
Western Bulldogs FC
Melbourne Heart
Melbourne Rebels

with

North Melbourne Roos
and St Kilda on the radar

Kirky

Juniors

Ah, forgot about that. Though is there much crossover between the fan bases?

Melbourne arent a worry at the moment that is a good crowd...

They are today a bigger sporting franchises than these Melbourne clubs;

Melbourne Demons FC
Western Bulldogs FC
Melbourne Heart
Melbourne Rebels

with

North Melbourne Roos
and St Kilda on the radar

I agree they're a strong club that's cemented itself in the sporting community down there, I just really thought this year being the premiers that crowds would rise higher than they have.

Billythekid

First Grade
It seems this year the storms big rivalries have been down crowd wise but the rest have been up. I think that's probably a good thing. Less away fans, more storm fans this year.

Big Sam

First Grade
I have calculated that Valheru, Danish and co. might have gone off early with all the boasting regarding Easts' crowds in comparison to their biggest rival's.

Currently, Easts' average is 20,883 after 9 matches, and Souths' average is 17,571 after 7 matches.

My predictions for Souths' remaining home matches are as follows:
Warriors 17k, St Merge 15k, Manly 17k, Dogs 30k, and Easts 30k, giving an average of 19,333 which would be our 2nd-highest regular season average of all-time.

My predictions for Easts' remaining home matches are as follows:
Cronulla 16k, Canberra 14k, and Titans 14k, giving an average of 19,329.

These predictions I believe are underestimating our crowds and overestimating Easts'.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Storm seem to have picked up an extra 2-3k regular fans this season,good stuff by them,on track for there best crowd average ever.

Brutus

Referee
Souths must finish over 20k or it will be a disappointment.

I have high hopes for their games against the Dogs and chooks.

DC_fan

Coach

The Carlton v Collingwood game drew 78,000 fans which is a lot. But I expected bigger (90,000 plus) for the biggest rivalry in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts