What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Going to Darwin is a good thing but why the hell would you take two of the least supported donkeys(Titans/Panthers) there,they should bring out of the big guns when going to places like that,Panthers and Titans going to Darwin is the equivalent of GWS going to New Zealand.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Both crowds fairly underwhelming.

Especially the Dragons considering they were facing one of the comps high flying teams.

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k off gimp. Until you actually attend a game my advice to you is simple: f**k off gimp.
I have attended games in the past. I will attend games in the future. What I said has no relevance to whether I do or don't attend games.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
This game would have likely only got 10-13k on the Gold Coast, nothing lost, plenty gained. NT have become increasingly competitive in the affiliated states championships and now are right up there challenging wa and Victoria. They are also producing Jnr's for the NRL increasing the talent poll. Again I ask you why it isn't worth one game out of 170+ and who is missing out from a game being played in Darwin?
Actually you are wrong.

NTRL is getting murdered by AFL now because the commitment the NRL has made to it is hopeless.

Rugby League will fall behind further and further for the next ten years until the NRL takes it seriously.

It is becoming a lost market.

When we grow players up there, the AFL will steal them from a lack of effort.

That is what is happening and anybody involved in the NTRL will say so behind closed doors when asked.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Can you tell us Mr Coffs Harbour what an acceptable crowd for Darwin is?
Would have liked to see at least 10k like last year. Both the Tits and Panthers would have been within throwing distance of the top 4 after a win. So they got decent teams. No rain. Don't think asking for 5 figures is too much.

Flapper

First Grade
Would have liked to see at least 10k like last year. Both the Tits and Panthers would have been within throwing distance of the top 4 after a win. So they got decent teams. No rain. Don't think asking for 5 figures is too much.

The 2 smallest clubs in the comp don't forget. The AFL only got 7000 odd a month or so ago, comparatively it ain't bad.

elbusto

Coach
The 2 smallest clubs in the comp don't forget. The AFL only got 7000 odd a month or so ago, comparatively it ain't bad.
Love ya Flapper but I am sorry this is disappointing.

Rugby League is rapidly losing ground in Darwin.

Local Officials are pulling their hair out with the AFL having 25 Development Officers compared to us having three or four.

This is our home and we are losing it rapidly.

This is a losing battle.

Massive crowds in the afl and union this weekend whilst the NRL struggles to pull crowds above 10k. Sometimes it's quite embarrassing being a league fan

Flapper

First Grade
I'm not denying those problems in that regard I'm just saying that the crowd isn't that bad. Ain't great, but not bad.

woodyk2

First Grade
You cannot under any circumstance deny that AFL crowds make NRL look silly.Stuffs me what has to be done....cull some Sydney teams perhaps? Anything under 25000 is rubbish. Actually that figure is tiny for AFL.

Flapper

First Grade
f**k you love your AFL don't you Woody? Every post I've seen of yours today is talking down league and talking up AFL.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Check out the Hawks vs Cats AFL crowd. NRL crowds really are shite.
Having watched both Wallabies/Lions and Cats/Hawks with 85000 each and seeing how much atmosphere contributes to making sport entertaining.

For casual or neutral fans watching at home and seeing a packed MCG and ANZ and then seeing 8000 in Darwin, if they have no strong allegiance one way or another something like atmosphere could be the thing that swings them towards another code and gets them enjoying that more.

More needs to be done to improve crowds. For a while now I've been calling for standalone origin weekends and for the NRL to get each club to offer memberships that include tickets to away games. Also automatically moving any sell out in a suburban stadium to one of the major stadiums.

I guarantee NRL average crowds would go past 20,000 in the first year.

Last edited:

VictoryFC

Bench
So Unions once in a 12 year romp is being used as evidence of attendance strength compared to NRL crowds? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts