What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
I think a good idea for the NRL to boost crowds next year is an all-Sydney season ticket. It should include:

- free public transport on the day of the game
- access to the GA section of any stadium in Sydney for any match (except ANZAC Day).

As tribal as our sport is, we need to start encouraging fans to attend matches in which their teams aren't playing. It's something the VFL does better than us.

I wouldn't attend a Roosters game unless it involved Souths, even if I was dead.

thorson1987

Coach
I think a good idea for the NRL to boost crowds next year is an all-Sydney season ticket. It should include:

- access to the GA section of any stadium in Sydney for any match (except ANZAC Day).

As tribal as our sport is, we need to start encouraging fans to attend matches in which their teams aren't playing. It's something the VFL does better than us.

If the Storm offered this as a membership for us Sydney fans we would get a few more.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I doubt this would work for all sydney games but definately some variation of this would be pretty popular. Like and ANZ or SFS package.

Edit: Or an away deal (Storm in sydney ^) would be great.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
For a long while I've been against stand alone SoO but the crowds of the last 5 weeks would indicate that it's time we looked at it. I think Smith and the commission will act on it before next year, if the TV deal allows.

I wouldn't attend a Roosters game unless it involved Souths, even if I was dead.

And I've attended at least half a dozen vermin games when the Roosters weren't involved. That's the difference between vermin supporters and NRL supporters. We support the game. You protest in Redfern against the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's a new world order coming your way!
WA beat NSW Country yesterday as well, watch out the Pirates are coming!!

969901_10201513043246758_2073668923_n.jpg

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
I hope WA fans have a realistic expectation of onfield results in their early years.

It's going to be 10 years of thrashings. The Storm were lucky to be created when clubs were falling apart left,right and centre so they swooped in like vultures to pick the bones of the collapsing clubs in the late 90s. Then they hit the jackpot with the big 3.

The former won't happen when the Pirates come in and the odds on anything close to the latter happening are miniscule.

And it'll be a big challenge to attract any established talent to cross the continent from other clubs when even big clubs like Brisbane and Parra are struggling to do that.

MrAnonymous

Bench
It's a new world order coming your way!
WA beat NSW Country yesterday as well, watch out the Pirates are coming!!

969901_10201513043246758_2073668923_n.jpg
You think you will get crowds like that week in week out ?
I remember when the Titans came into the comp they got some pretty decent crowds for the first couple of years, now know one gives a f**k about them on the coast the same thing will happen to a team in WA when they finish in the bottom 4 every year.

franklin2323

Immortal
For a long while I've been against stand alone SoO but the crowds of the last 5 weeks would indicate that it's time we looked at it. I think Smith and the commission will act on it before next year, if the TV deal allows.

We had games in Mackay, Darwin, Mudgee, Perth. 1 Bulldogs home game. 2 Brisbane home games on Monday nights. The main problem is 4 good crowd pullers Dragons, Eels, Tigers & Brisbane are crap. Affecting crowds & ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts