What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No - Happens alot, i think most of them were in the "x seats" category.

Amazing crowd - sucked in Lions.

But more importantly up the Queenslanders.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
83,813... biggest ANZ crowd since reconfig. Amazing stuff.

Yet NSW fans don't care :sarcasm:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Every time i go to an anz origin i see more and more maroon show up.

It is evident Ticketek are selling more and more Maroon bays because of demand from Queensland. Fans are travelling in greater numbers from Queensland to wherever Origin is held.

Of course, they would not need to do this at all if internal demand was high enough.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't kid yourself. A shitload of fans are state traitors down here.

Watch - the numbers would shrink dramatically when NSW start winning again.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Who would have thought a team winning 8 years in a row would have more fans come and support them?

This Queensland winning streak is easily the best thing to happen for the concept. Back in 2005, even though the history was something like 12 series a piece, i think NSW were still a bit condescending about the whole thing (and i mean both players and fans), as if QLD didnt win games, it was just because NSW lost it and didnt care enough. Even after the first few series of this streak i dont think NSW really appresiated that the QLD team was just too good.

I reckon you can thank Ricky Stuart for the emotion in it now. He seemed to make the players feel like they NEEDED to win.

The best part it that the momentum is just going to continue from here. Even if NSW start winning some again, the emotion is just going to keep going up.

My grand prediction in all of this is that (forgetting about game 3 dead rubbers) it is going to be a long time before we start seeing 60,000 at ANZ games. These sell outs are just going to keep happening from here on.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It is evident Ticketek are selling more and more Maroon bays because of demand from Queensland. Fans are travelling in greater numbers from Queensland to wherever Origin is held.

Of course, they would not need to do this at all if internal demand was high enough.

The Blatchy Blues squad actually had a massive winge and bitch to the Stadium, making outrageous accusations, which lead to the maroon crusade this year having 4 less bays.

Im sure we might get more back next year. It was more in the the sideline seating that i noticed, so many as well as up in level 6.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
My favourite thing is seeing the blatchys take off their shirts and throw them on the ground after the game, great passion there lads. Brilliant rent a crowd.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The Blatchy Blues squad actually had a massive winge and bitch to the Stadium, making outrageous accusations, which lead to the maroon crusade this year having 4 less bays.

Im sure we might get more back next year. It was more in the the sideline seating that i noticed, so many as well as up in level 6.

The NSW government are not stupid (although their subjects certainly are), they will not be ignoring the hordes of Queenslanders travelling from up north.

With tickets to Brisbane games becoming increasingly precious it is becoming the only way for the fans to see their team. And Queenslanders are willing to pay for the trouble.

Market forces will win out in the end, and Ticketek will more than likely to choose a sure thing over the rent a crowd.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The NSW government are not stupid (although their subjects certainly are), they will not be ignoring the hordes of Queenslanders travelling from up north.

With tickets to Brisbane games becoming increasingly precious it is becoming the only way for the fans to see their team. And Queenslanders are willing to pay for the trouble.

Market forces will win out in the end, and Ticketek will more than likely to choose a sure thing over the rent a crowd.

Yeah, last year the sales were a bit slower for the Crusade than in 2011, and the Blatchys infiltrated and booked a large quantity of ticks into our bays.

So this year our bays were reduced, and sold quicker, to the point of queensland buyers being sold tickets in the areas around the MC.

A funny thing to note is that some sections of the Blatchys didnt sell out, and were turned into normal cat 2 and 3 seating without the blatchys package.

With one game in ANZ next year im sure we will get our largest bay yet.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Next year Sydney only has one origin. There should be a strict limit on amount of Queensland fans allowed. Give them one bay and that'll do them.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Weather looking a bit dicey for tonight..

Must be another Leichhardt Oval game....

Not having much luck on that front...

hutch

First Grade
4 leichhardt games this year, 4 nights with heavy rain! Will cost the club around 35-40000 paying fans in total.

Kirky

Juniors
Biblical rains here at the moment. Can't remember the last time it rained this heavily here. If they keep up the crowd tomorrow isn't going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.