What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechild

First Grade
1. Yes it is generally the case because NSWelshmen are pathetic in their support for their state, when quite easily they could be just as passionate for both their state and club.

But if Queensladers are equally passionate about both club and state why aren't the Broncos selling out their games every week? We keep hearing about how fast QLD games sell out because so many more people want to attend but it would be reasonable to assume the vast majority are Broncos fans so they should comfortably fill Suncorp every second weekend.

It's about money. In my current financial situation, I cannot afford to go to all the Manly games as well as origin. Therefore I watch origin on tv because I would prefer to attend the Manly games. I have no issue with the fact my club allegiance is far stronger than my state allegiance. It is for many NSW rugby league fans. You clearly have an issue with this and that is your prerogative but it doesn't make it right or wrong, just a difference of opinions.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
If NSW is quote "pathetic in their support for their state", then why have the last 3 Origins sold out in NSW?

The next two are on track to as well...

:?

Well only the last two have and that has been in years where you only had one game.

So no not terribly impressive.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
But if Queensladers are equally passionate about both club and state why aren't the Broncos selling out their games every week? We keep hearing about how fast QLD games sell out because so many more people want to attend but it would be reasonable to assume the vast majority are Broncos fans so they should comfortably fill Suncorp every second weekend.

It's about money. In my current financial situation, I cannot afford to go to all the Manly games as well as origin. Therefore I watch origin on tv because I would prefer to attend the Manly games. I have no issue with the fact my club allegiance is far stronger than my state allegiance. It is for many NSW rugby league fans. You clearly have an issue with this and that is your prerogative but it doesn't make it right or wrong, just a difference of opinions.

There you go again, lumping Queensland supporters in the Bronco camp. You can't help yourself can you?

Has it ever occurred to you that there just aren't that many Bronco supporters?

firechild

First Grade
Your comprehension skills are pretty poor aren't they?

I said :

We keep hearing about how fast QLD games sell out because so many more people want to attend but it would be reasonable to assume the vast majority are Broncos fans

Not saying they are one and the same but considering the games are played in Brisbane, it is a reasonable assumption that the majority are Broncos fans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:?

Well only the last two have and that has been in years where you only had one game.

So no not terribly impressive.
If only you decided.

Fact: the last time QLD drew a higher crowd than NSW in State of Origin = 1998.

Springs

First Grade
If NSW is quote "pathetic in their support for their state", then why have the last 3 Origins sold out in NSW?

The next two are on track to as well...

Because that's pathetic. If Sydney doesn't get 110,000 to Origin it means they like union better than league.

dogslife

Coach
I dare say virtually every player in the NRL would take a GF victory over a SOO series victory, so why should the fans be any different?

I dare say that you can dare say what you like.

The Broncos smash your club crowds.

Origin in Brisbane sells out in seconds and is the hottest ticket in town. In Sydney, more than once, there have enough empty seats at an Origin to fill the sold out Lang Park.

Yeah, the passion.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I dare say that you can dare say what you like.

The Broncos smash your club crowds.

Origin in Brisbane sells out in seconds and is the hottest ticket in town. In Sydney, more than once, there have enough empty seats at an Origin to fill the sold out Lang Park.

Yeah, the passion.

9,000 maroon crusade tickets SOLD for game one. Thousands throughout the crowd.

Regardless of what they say, Queenslanders pull together as a community in every regard, from disasters to state sporting events. In NSW everyone is sour, just walk around the CBD, ive never seen so many faces capable of suicide in one city.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I dare say virtually every player in the NRL would take a GF victory over a SOO series victory, so why should the fans be any different?

Not Queenslanders - you lot literally dont get it. You all claim that we have a chip on our shoulder, and all that shit. When its actually the case of - people in Queensland care about our community and the people in it.

Anyway, back to NRL crowds. I am sure Cronulla will fill up tonight by kick off.

b98d5c6ec6a211e29b7022000a1fbd93_7.jpg

I'm sure. Right...?

Status
Not open for further replies.