What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
9,132 the official attendance at Mudgee. Nearly the same as the number of residents in Mudgee (9,830 according to the 2011 census).

Bloody good effort in one of my many former home-towns. I love the idea of these regional games and I'm glad they managed to draw a good crowd. Sure, it's not the kind of crowd a side in good form could draw at home - but I think it's worth the hit to promote the game in the country.

Brutus

Referee
Imagine the cowboys v tigers at leichhardt today.

15k minimum.

To play the first 5 games of the round in Sydney was ridiculous.

In fact 7 sydney teams had home games this weekend. Weird. It was Parra's home game in Mudgee.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Probably modifications just for this match. They would have drawn fans from all over the central west, not just Mudgee itself.

hutch

First Grade
Kiwi bandwagon wankers.
Dave Smith is a jinx on RL and it looks like we are going backwards not forwards like the dark days of 1981-1988/1996-2002:x

Are you just trolling on purpose or taking the piss? On a number of threads you have talked about how bad the crowds are, yet they are on track to be the biggest in the sports history.

Anyway, imagine today's crowd if the game was at leichhardt. 17-18k without a worry in the world!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure the answer, TV is paying a lot of money so only fair they get to decide which games they show but obviously for fans certain times suit different clubs better. Really don't think there is an easy answer.

RedVee

First Grade
9,132 the official attendance at Mudgee. Nearly the same as the number of residents in Mudgee (9,830 according to the 2011 census).

Excellent crowd when you consider that a game played in an area which looks like Cessnock nearly drew as many fans as a match in a city of over one million (Auckland)
Pretty good 'per capita' :sarcasm:
And I think the area looks like.... Mudgee.

Why does Mudgee have a ground that can hold its entire population anyhow?

New ground last year, one supposes that it was built with the possibility of City Country and premiership games in mind. Don't forget that if the surrounding area is included it would (guess) double the population against just the town, and that the area gets a little bit of tourism at times.

dogz08

First Grade
Bulldogs v Dragons 20k
Rabbitohs v Knights 20k
Titans v Cowboys 15k
Broncos v Warriors 28k

Could have 4 good crowds next week

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I don't think 20k for the Doggies/Dragons game would be good based on the past 3 years those 2 teams have played at the bigger stadiums

29,641(ANZ)
31,122(SCG)
34,322(ANZ)
37,773(ANZ)

hutch

First Grade
Ridiculous that teams will still have to play this week without their origin players, origin really needs to be stand alone.

On a positive, it looks as if they have scheduled big games this week to stop the annual drop of crowds in the bye weeks around origin time. We usually have a lull around this time.
Not sure about having games at anz on Friday, Saturday and then Wednesday though.

undertaker

Coach
Ridiculous that teams will still have to play this week without their origin players, origin really needs to be stand alone.

On a positive, it looks as if they have scheduled big games this week to stop the annual drop of crowds in the bye weeks around origin time. We usually have a lull around this time.
Not sure about having games at anz on Friday, Saturday and then Wednesday though.

Cue the decreased crowds over the upcoming Origin period, followed by the "Origins should be on stand-alone weekends" comments. This always happens every year

It ain't going to happen. Been there, done that in 2001. Also, the NRL don't want to give other sporting codes a free kick at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts