What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Anyone who thinks Sydney, or NSW for that matter, has any camaraderie or spirit is kidding themselves.

I lived in coogee for 3 years, and did enjoy it, but whenever I went anywhere outside of coogee I realised just how diabolical a city can become. 95% of Sydney is a cesspit.

Thankyou!!!!

newman

First Grade
Anyone who thinks Sydney, or NSW for that matter, has any camaraderie or spirit is kidding themselves.

I lived in coogee for 3 years, and did enjoy it, but whenever I went anywhere outside of coogee I realised just how diabolical a city can become. 95% of Sydney is a cesspit.

Haha keep telling yourself that Sydney is a cesspit and Brisbane is awesome. Ha! Just, ha!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Actually,it was 1995 ,the last time Brisbane outdrew Sydney in Origin.

Average Attendance ( SoO)
ANZ Stadium-73,320
Suncorp Stadium- 38,096

You should only count the Suncorp attendances since its redevelopment - as we would always sell it out, and also ANZ since its redevelopment finished in 2003.

ANZ Stadium - 75,520 = 90.44%
Suncorp Stadium - 52,441 = 99.88% - sell out rate = 100%

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Haha keep telling yourself that Sydney is a cesspit and Brisbane is awesome. Ha! Just, ha!

You should really have a look through some forums - broaden your horizons - 80% of things ive found are Sydneysiders claiming how awesome Brisbane is.

I just came back to sydney after visiting Brisbane.

I stayed in New Farm. Is it just me, or is Brisbane better than Sydney in the following ways:

- Brisbane public transport is better. The prepaid card and the touch on and touch off service is so efficient. The ferry service around the city is a blast.

- People are more easy going and friendly in Brisbane and asks "How are you?" often. They are also very active. There are prepaid cycles for hire given by the government in every corner.

- Infrastructure wise, Brisbane is ahead. The government seems to invest more in public services and it is more modern.

- No graffiti or idiots in public transport. The public transports are also not overcrowded. I am yet to see a train in Sydney without graffiti on them.

- The powerhouse museum beside the Brisbane river is nicely done. It is also a very pleasant and relaxing walk along the Brisbane River

Overall Brisbane and it's surrounding areas are so vibrant and full of character and at the same time peaceful. People are also not so stressed all the time, like they are in Sydney.

I am thinking of moving to Brisbane from Sydney. Any advice is much appreciated.

Sure this is one, i could post you thousands - if you want?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Remember that one time some people set fire to a hobo in Brisbane?

Homeless man set alight
Dylan Welch | October 3, 2007 - 11:20AM
A homeless man has burns across his back and arms after he was set alight with flammable liquid and a match in inner-city Sydney yesterday, police say.

The 36-year-old man, shirtless and wearing tracksuit pants and runners, had been at a park on the corner of Foveaux and Riley streets about 10.30am when another homeless man, 57, allegedly poured the liquid on the man's back and set him alight with a match, police said.

Emergency officers were called but by the time they arrived the fire had been extinguished.

It is understood there were a number of witnesses to the assault.

The victim was taken to St Vincent's Hospital in a stable condition suffering third-degree burns to 6 per cent of his body, specifically his back and arms. He has since been transferred to the Concord Hospital burns unit.

The attacker spent the night in cells at Surry Hills police station and is expected to face Central Local Court today, charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm and assault.

Source:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national/homeless-man-set-alight/2007/10/03/1191091164883.html

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Queensland team mixing with the community in Bundaberg - thousands there. What are the Blues up to today?

Attachments

• 969471_10151917754753696_1670458201_n.jpg
    969471_10151917754753696_1670458201_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 8

JonnoM

Juniors
You should only count the Suncorp attendances since its redevelopment - as we would always sell it out, and also ANZ since its redevelopment finished in 2003.

ANZ Stadium - 75,520 = 90.44%
Suncorp Stadium - 52,441 = 99.88% - sell out rate = 100%

Smaller boutique stadium= sellout.
Not a difficult thing to do.

MrAnonymous

Bench
You should really have a look through some forums - broaden your horizons - 80% of things ive found are Sydneysiders claiming how awesome Brisbane is.

I just came back to sydney after visiting Brisbane.

I stayed in New Farm. Is it just me, or is Brisbane better than Sydney in the following ways:

- Brisbane public transport is better. The prepaid card and the touch on and touch off service is so efficient. The ferry service around the city is a blast.

- People are more easy going and friendly in Brisbane and asks "How are you?" often. They are also very active. There are prepaid cycles for hire given by the government in every corner.

- Infrastructure wise, Brisbane is ahead. The government seems to invest more in public services and it is more modern.

- No graffiti or idiots in public transport. The public transports are also not overcrowded. I am yet to see a train in Sydney without graffiti on them.

- The powerhouse museum beside the Brisbane river is nicely done. It is also a very pleasant and relaxing walk along the Brisbane River

Overall Brisbane and it's surrounding areas are so vibrant and full of character and at the same time peaceful. People are also not so stressed all the time, like they are in Sydney.

I am thinking of moving to Brisbane from Sydney. Any advice is much appreciated.

Sure this is one, i could post you thousands - if you want?

Yeh, this is all bullshit

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Cue photos of nsw players at Coogee beach wearing speedos and jumpers

You would think they could move the training camp away from eastern suburbs

Why is it always f**king Coogee

Why not manly, cronulla , Newcastle , gong , Coffs

Anywhere except f**king Coogee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts