What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'll be making my third interstate trip this year in a few weeks to catch a game. Should try having to pay $1000 every time you want to see an NRL game! You might be more appreciative of what you've got in your backyard.

franklin2323

Immortal
You should read the first post I wrote dipshit.

Many people agree that Queenslanders do have a larger sense of community spirit. I was using the disasters with reference to how amazing the public were to each other. I fully believe that the way of life among the public is way nicer in QLD, my NSW family and everyone ive met from NSW agrees.

No one came up to help, because there was too much help in Queensland alone. (all roads closed and airport shut down for days)

My parents house, waterfront in St Lucia, got done, bombed. We had people from poorly demographics coming to help, Inala, Woodridge (Liverpool, Bankstown) coming to help.

You all can pick at whatever you like, I for one would happily help out any Australian in need.

Really? http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...-floods-recovery/story-e6frfku0-1225989350079

Or where I went to help

https://radioinfo.com.au/news/9817

400k but hey NSW don't care

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'll be making my third interstate trip this year in a few weeks to catch a game. Should try having to pay $1000 every time you want to see an NRL game! You might be more appreciative of what you've got in your backyard.

Ill respect that. Just for the record, which game have you elected?

firechild

First Grade
50 SES came - Volunteers in Brisbane were getting turned away.

That article alone mentions 61 SES and 55 police. Play it down all you want but NSW did plenty both financially and with manpower to help out. As I already said, keeping in mind there were floods throughout NSW at the same time. But hey, live in your own insular world where Queenslanders are the only ones who help each other.

dogslife

Coach
f**k you buddy, it's people like you who 9 feed off
:lol: Says the Broncos fan.

Why should he travel to a game 500km away when the Donks don't go close to selling out, given they're the only team in a town that calls itself "The home of rugby league"

Jason Maher

Immortal
f**king hell. Why does everything descend into a f**king Brisbane vs Sydney pissing contest? We have Origin for that.

Based on the awesomeness of Brisbane Rugby League it is a suprise that the BRL didn't become the main comp with Sydney entering a team up there.

Learn some history. The short answer is "poker machines". Look it up.

No the 2 should of become one with NSW conference and QLD conference.

See the last response. Pokies. Queensland clubs simply didn't have the wherewithal to compete with Sydney clubs on a financial basis.

Actually,it was 1995 ,the last time Brisbane outdrew Sydney in Origin.

Average Attendance ( SoO)
ANZ Stadium-73,320
Suncorp Stadium- 38,096

Another "Bolt" from the Blue here: classic misuse of stats. Include ANZ's formerly higher capacity and Suncorp's formerly lower capacity in the average. Nice skew. And flawed.

Year 8 maths at best.

Dont forget the lesbian vampires in the Valley

Didn't they do their dastardly business at Dutton Park?

Can a new thread be started up comparing cities?

This one should be for discussing crowds.

Why not have a "green" thread for just crowd stats and nothing else and a crowd "discussion" thread?

There was a game at Parra stadium to raise money for the QLD floods. The 20k tickets sold out despite the whole thing being organised in less than a week.

True this. For whatever else is said in this thread about crowds, there are homo sapiens in Brisbane and homo sapiens in Sydney. Anna Bligh's north of the border speech might have been inspirational (or might not have been) but I for one don't think we are a separate species.

This is the insular attitude that makes people hate Queenslanders. You lot...

You bag off insularity and start your next sentence with "You lot...". Completely without any sense of irony. F*** me! :lol:

This is the reason everyone despises NSW..

Victorians prefer QLD. Queenslanders prefer Victoria.

Sorry, SLR, but on this one matter I will have to disagree. I hate NSW in footy. But Victoria? Now there's a whole new level of insularity and debate there that goes well beyond the already stretched bounds of this thread! :)

f**king hell. Why does everything descend into a f**king Brisbane vs Sydney pissing contest? We have Origin for that.

Because nobody (from NSW) complains when people bag off Brisbane/Qld, but the minute anyone (ie. me) stands up for Brisbane/Qld the southerners go off their nut. Hence the state of this thread.

As I said dozens of pages ago, my main contention is that Brisbane's crowds are objectively good, and that the nutters on here who make stupid claims that a 35k is "disgusting" need their head read. As long as the Bolt-brigade do that, I will cut them down.

And as for Origin,... it sort of, you know, is Origin time. So STFU cockroach! ;-)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
My main contention is to follow watch and talk about the crowds. Particularly Suncorp, where I have unlimited understanding of ticket selling process, and of course projected crowd.

At VOR - I enjoyed all the Vics wanting Queensland to win origin, the support down there during origin, from actual Victorians is awesome. I enjoy that. As much as I dislike afl, their crowds - I have nothing but envy and respect for.

All these agro NSW blokes, buy a jersey and get to the game on Wednesday night.

My main contention is to follow watch and talk about the crowds. Particularly Suncorp, where I have unlimited understanding of ticket selling process, and of course projected crowd.

And keep it up, too. As someone who goes to Suncorp very frequently you are absolutely spot on. Love getting the updates.

At VOR - I enjoyed all the Vics wanting Queensland to win origin, the support down there during origin, from actual Victorians is awesome. I enjoy that. As much as I dislike afl, their crowds - I have nothing but envy and respect for.

While I envy AFL crowds, we are fortunate in Brisbane to have the closest thing to AFL crowds that the NRL will see for decades. Indeed, we smash the AFL in our own city. :D

All these agro NSW blokes, buy a jersey and get to the game on Wednesday night.

And make sure you tune in for us to make it 2-nil in Brisbane. ;-)

Swans' average is higher than every NRL club in Sydney chump.

Nice Bolt-like misuse of an average by including the AFL's western folly to try and disguise the above fact. :lol: Seriously, you guys should get a job with the Daily Telegraph or 2UE. You use all of their tactics to try and make a point.

Last edited:

JonnoM

Juniors
Another "Bolt" from the Blue here: classic misuse of stats. Include ANZ's formerly higher capacity and Suncorp's formerly lower capacity in the average. Nice skew. And flawed.

Year 8 maths at best.
;-)
Whats skewed?
Over 73,000 attend Sydney origin on average every year.
Nothing flawed..Just fact.

JonnoM

Juniors
You wish - tickets to origin one went on sale end of november - i got my tickets the other day and pax is 70,000....

You needed to be begged to go.

I would think if 70,000+ went to SoO ,then it would not be a problem to sell out a 52,500 seat stadium.
But if your from Qld...the answer we get is.."you wish"

FFS...this thread is a joke.

Swans' average is higher than every NRL club in Sydney chump.

Nice Bolt-like misuse of an average by including the AFL's western folly to try and disguise the above fact. :lol: Seriously, you guys should get a job with the Daily Telegraph or 2UE. You use all of their tactics to try and make a point.

What's with calling people chump? I actually wasn't a fan of all the Brisbane crowd bashing but listening to two Queensland wankers crap on about who has the best natural disasters and which city has more people who smile on public transport I can see why Brisbane cops so much shit on this thread

PS last time I checked Western Sydney was part of Sydney.

What's with calling people chump?

It riffs off your derisory use of champ and concurrently expresses displeasure at your misuse of stats. Crystal clear now?

I actually wasn't a fan of all the Brisbane crowd bashing but listening to two Queensland wankers crap on about who has the best natural disasters and which city has more people who smile on public transport I can see why Brisbane cops so much shit on this thread

Wasn't part of that conversation, so I am sure you will explain wtf that's got to do with me?

PS last time I checked Western Sydney was part of Sydney.

PS Last time I checked the Swans outdrew every Sydney (and western Sydney) NRL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.