What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what the lions outdrew broncos when I lived there in 03/04 and every 2nd person told me rugby League was dead in Brisbane.

I bet you jumped on the Lions bandwagon then as well. You probably have a Leroy Loggins singlet from the Bullets glory days

So what the lions outdrew broncos when I lived there in 03/04 and every 2nd person told me rugby League was dead in Brisbane.

They sure did. And every person that wasn't telling you League was dead was relaying the message to myself. And until we moved from ANZ we were languishing with pretty crappy crowds too. I, for one, was at our lowest ever crowd one cold night against Wests (the old one). The metal stands were pretty f***ing cold that night.

And your point is? Doesn't really change any of your flawed conclusions in previous posts.

I bet you jumped on the Lions bandwagon then as well. You probably have a Leroy Loggins singlet from the Bullets glory days

Glad Tom Waterhouse wasn't taking bets on that. You'd have lost your money. For the record, the old man used to take me to Kougari Oval pre-Broncos, and I've been going to the Broncs since their first game. Don't really give a s*** if you believe that or not.

There's 2 Sydney AFL teams but including GWS doesn't suit your argument does it??

And what was my argument? I was saying that the Swans outdraw every NRL club? Wtf do the Giants have to do with that?

As you guys say: it's a fact. The Swans have more fans at the gate. Deal with it.

Lions once did that here. We dealt with it.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What's with calling people chump? I actually wasn't a fan of all the Brisbane crowd bashing but listening to two Queensland wankers crap on about who has the best natural disasters and which city has more people who smile on public transport I can see why Brisbane cops so much shit on this thread

PS last time I checked Western Sydney was part of Sydney.

The bottom line is - the better the community, more people will support a team and result in larger crowds.

You NSW took everything that was said and blew it out of proportion.

Queensland players were in flood ravaged Bundaberg today - why werent the NSW players in Grafton?

Lovely community spirit there guys, thats why there way more CROWD interest in QLD. Now for you guys to screw it.

franklin2323

Immortal
My main contention is to follow watch and talk about the crowds. Particularly Suncorp, where I have unlimited understanding of ticket selling process, and of course projected crowd.

My main issue with you (& VOR for that matter). Things like not every fan in Bris supports Brisbane rings true down here as well the same problems you get we do. Though more teams means more games here means we can choose what to go too.

I was at Kogarah on Sat night. I was impossible for me or anyone at that game to attend any of the other 2 games on that night. Another thing we have you guys don't.

Our double Population is also double size or the land. So people don't always have time or are able to travel to every game

So if that's the case for Brisbane why would the same not be true for Sydney.

As a Panther fan I have no interest in attending either game this weekend. The same way a fan of another team wouldn't be in Brisbane.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

HAHHA

Just like when any Sydney team gets into the Grand Final all these supporters show up.

JonnoM

Juniors
And what was my argument? I was saying that the Swans outdraw every NRL club? Wtf do the Giants have to do with that?

As you guys say: it's a fact. The Swans have more fans at the gate. Deal with it.

Lions once did that here. We dealt with it.

The Sydney Swans have been outdrawing Sydney RL clubs for the most part of 18 years.
You seem more concerned about that that Sydneysiders.

They sure did. And every person that wasn't telling you League was dead was relaying the message to myself. And until we moved from ANZ we were languishing with pretty crappy crowds too. I, for one, was at our lowest ever crowd one cold night against Wests (the old one). The metal stands were pretty f***ing cold that night.

And your point is? Doesn't really change any of your flawed conclusions in previous posts.

Glad Tom Waterhouse wasn't taking bets on that. You'd have lost your money. For the record, the old man used to take me to Kougari Oval pre-Broncos, and I've been going to the Broncs since their first game. Don't really give a s*** if you believe that or not.

Are you the guy who bangs his thong against the xxxx sign in the chook pen and leads the wynumm chant?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
My main issue with you (& VOR for that matter). Things like not every fan in Bris supports Brisbane rings true down here as well the same problems you get we do. Though more teams means more games here means we can choose what to go too.

I was at Kogarah on Sat night. I was impossible for me or anyone at that game to attend any of the other 2 games on that night. Another thing we have you guys don't.

Our double Population is also double size or the land. So people don't always have time or are able to travel to every game

So if that's the case for Brisbane why would the same not be true for Sydney.

As a Panther fan I have no interest in attending either game this weekend. The same way a fan of another team wouldn't be in Brisbane.

I agree with some points there - and im sure VOR does too.

But when people claim that Brisbane has the whole of SEQ to draw for Broncos games its stupid. We actually have double the land.
SEQ - 22,400sq KM
Greater Syd - 12,144sq KM

Thats whats unfair with that.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I would think if 70,000+ went to SoO ,then it would not be a problem to sell out a 52,500 seat stadium.
But if your from Qld...the answer we get is.."you wish"

FFS...this thread is a joke.

Read what I was referring too!!!!!!

YOU COULD NOT SELL OUT 52,500 SEATS IN 20MINUTES WHEN IT TAKES 8MONTHS TO SELL 70k!!!!!!!!!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
And keep it up, too. As someone who goes to Suncorp very frequently you are absolutely spot on. Love getting the updates.

While I envy AFL crowds, we are fortunate in Brisbane to have the closest thing to AFL crowds that the NRL will see for decades. Indeed, we smash the AFL in our own city. :D

And make sure you tune in for us to make it 2-nil in Brisbane. ;-)

Absolutely - as much as they winge and bitch, we are happily sitting in a crowd, with atmosphere.

This is a reasoned post, so I will respond as politely as you have written it.

I don't think that you are being outrageous here. My contention is that a 35k average is good in anyone's language, not "pathetic" as it is often described in this thread.

To justify the call of "pathetic" people try and reverse your argument in the above paragraph to say that 35k is simply not good enough. And this is simply untrue. The flaw in the per capita argument is here. Just because there are more teams in Sydney, it does not mean that one team is Brisbane is doing correspondingly badly.

My arguments spring from here.

I was at Kogarah on Sat night. I was impossible for me or anyone at that game to attend any of the other 2 games on that night. Another thing we have you guys don't...

And that is fair enough.

You haven't really said too much I disagree with here. It is the flawed corollaries that are sometimes constructed from points like the ones you made above that I have an issue with.

Sydney Knight said. A few clubs outdraw AFL (not the Swans) in Sydney. When you add the 5 & 6k crowds GWS are getting. It' drops AFL to under Roosters, Souths & Bulldogs.

The point that was being made was the League was all over AFL in Brisbane, and that this is not the case in Sydney. Nothing you have stated there changes this fact whatsoever.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thats whats unfair with that.

I don't know exactly what you counted in that land to see if it's an apple's with apple's comparision but I will go with it.

There's 24 guaranteed games in SEQ each year. That's it if you want to go to a game you have Broncos or Titans home crowds to boost.

Wheras in Sydney there's 100 games. Plenty to choose from if you don't want to go to a certain game for any reason don't go. Go the next week.

without tracking every single person it's hard to tell

dogslife

Coach
The Broncos actually averaged higher crowds back in the early-mid 90s when playing at the old ANZ. Guess the bandwagoning was strong

The bottom line is - the better the community, more people will support a team and result in larger crowds.

You NSW took everything that was said and blew it out of proportion.

Queensland players were in flood ravaged Bundaberg today - why werent the NSW players in Grafton?

Lovely community spirit there guys, thats why there way more CROWD interest in QLD. Now for you guys to screw it.

Why wasn't Greg Inglis in Grafton? It's close to his home town.

It's not all about floods. There are children in hospital and plenty of worthwhile causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.