What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish

Referee
so how many times this year will souths have less people turn up than they claim to have as ticketed members?

Swarzey

Bench
No idea the average crowd at Newcaslte this year but I don't think it's far from the 20k we had last year. When you're pulling crowds higher than your membership number, you know you're right on track unlike teams that boast their popularity :lol:

Pretty sure Souffs ship their membership with Centrelink payments. Good way to inflate their numbers.

Honestly, if Newcaslte were having the season Souffs are, I'd be travelling as much as I can. From Newcastle to Auckland to Cairns to Melbourne.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
So how do you explain 23,000 attending the same venue for 10th v 13th the night before when your game was 1st v 5th? :/

Pretty sure it wasn't raining Friday night and only 3 origin players total missing. Not to mention 2 Sydney teams going head to head.

But there's no such thing as logic when you lol@souffs!!!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
when did we get 9k

or do you just like making stats up
My mistake. It was 11k. At near full strength, in good weather, in the daytime.
13,225 at ANZ tonight
Decent given the conditions and the outs.
So how do you explain 23,000 attending the same venue for 10th v 13th the night before when your game was 1st v 5th? :/
How about the pouring rain? Or the greater number of big names missing?

Swarzey

Bench
You're on top of the ladder and "convincingly" beating teams at home bar your loss to Storm. Honestly, it must not take much for Souths supports to say "Nah, don't want to go today/tonight" for the club to pull such crap numbers.

Danish

Referee
Pretty sure it wasn't raining Friday night and only 3 origin players total missing. Not to mention 2 Sydney teams going head to head.

But there's no such thing as logic when you lol@souffs!!!!

thats 1 more player than was missing from souths squad tonight, so what exactly is your point?

SaraSassypants

Juniors
thats 1 more player than was missing from souths squad tonight, so what exactly is your point?

No. You have either misread or cant count. I was referring to 3 total, across both teams. Tonight there were 4 origin players + 2 injured + 1 suspended player missing.

Big Sam

First Grade
so how many times this year will souths have less people turn up than they claim to have as ticketed members?

What is our ticketed membership figure?

Oh that's right, you don't know because you're talking out of your arse.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
What a surprise, Danish complaining about our club,
Says nothing when his club gets 11k on a sunny Sunday afternoon against a Sydney team.

Then Timmah, whose club got 11k last week against an out of town team.

Find some new material boys.

RWB

Bench
I can see why quality players missing due to rep duties would be a deterrent for the neutral supporter/band wagoners but I don't understand why the ticketed members aren't showing up.

13k was disappointing tonight, sure the weather was bad but it was also the only game of NRL on tonight.

Flapper

First Grade
It's a decent enough crowd considering the opposition and the conditions. But that doesn't fit into the League Unlimited "lol@souffs no matter what" ethos does it?

fanatique

Juniors
It's a decent enough crowd considering the opposition and the conditions. But that doesn't fit into the League Unlimited "lol@souffs no matter what" ethos does it?

Tall poppy syndrome.

Souths have more members than any other NSW club. Why? Fudging? No. More people signed up. Simple as that. Souths have more Twitter followers than any NSW club. Why? Because more people want to follow the club than any other.

Souths get an ordinary crowd so the some are delighted. Guess what. The dogs who are a great drawcard were up and about big time last season and what happened when Origin hit. 12K at home to Cronulla happened. They drew a 50K home crowd this year.....against who?

Get real everyone. Souths being up and about is good for the game.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I hear club is more important to the supporters of NSW teams. So regardless of how many players are out, the fans should still show.

I dont think origin should be an excuse for poor crowds.

Especially when favouring clubs is an excuse for poor origin ticket sales.

fanatique

Juniors
I hear club is more important to the supporters of NSW teams. So regardless of how many players are out, the fans should still show.

I dont think origin should be an excuse for poor crowds.

Especially when favouring clubs is an excuse for poor origin ticket sales.

Origin means more to Qlders than to NSWers. When Qlders look at NSW in rugby terms they see Sydney the capital city of the game. The home of most of its clubs, the home of the GF. Generally and not just in sporting terms when they look at NSW they see Sydney with its economic and cultural power and the Big city glamour that Brissy just doesn't have.

In Origin Queensland is the plucky small guy trying to put it over the Big city slickers. It means more to them and less to Welshies. That's just how it is.

Over all NSWers attend more games than Qlders but Origin just means less to them.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I heard Shane Richardson spruiking that the rabbits did a massive marketing push before the storm game

And he was complaining the NRL gave no support

I would be interested to know what exactly they did that week , to get 33k when most expected 15-17k ???

And it worked so why not every game ?

I heard Shane Richardson spruiking that the rabbits did a massive marketing push before the storm game

And he was complaining the NRL gave no support

I would be interested to know what exactly they did that week , to get 33k when most expected 15-17k ???

And it worked so why not every game ?

Because neutrals like me went to the game with no prompting in order to see the storm smash souffs

franklin2323

Immortal
40k seats undercover. 1 v 6. 40k members between the 2 teams. To get less then half to the game is a disgrace. Not any evil hills or at a 'terrible' suburban ground either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts