What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanatique

Juniors
If as expected, crowds are below average for this round, is it worth looking at double headers for matches before SOO?

Could have been done easily this weekend with 2 matches at ANZ and 2 in SE QLD.

Origin is a meaningless all sar game. Better to do what Big League baseball or basketball does in the States. One all star game with the clubs not active. Finish with it and get back to real business.

I hate the impact that three games I have absolutely no interest in and only undeline the reginal not national basis of the game have on our "National" competition.

That said bad weather and the Origin impact will dull any attendance.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Easts got 9k during the day in good weather. We'll get more at night in the pouring rain with multiple stars missing. I reckon about 12k.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Yes great idea. We should definitly get rid of the highest rating games of the year in the hope that an extra 5k will turn up at mid winter games.

hutch

First Grade
Origin should be on a stand alone weekend with other rep games and test matches. It is a joke that teams play under strength and a joke that the comp comes almost to a stop every year for 6 weeks. Other countries should have the opportunity to play rep games for their best players as well, not just us Aussies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Origin should be on a stand alone weekend with other rep games and test matches. It is a joke that teams play under strength and a joke that the comp comes almost to a stop every year for 6 weeks. Other countries should have the opportunity to play rep games for their best players as well, not just us Aussies.

It's also a joke that the pinnacle of the game won't sell out both Sydney games yet if origin was on stand alone weekends it would defo sell out both games even through i would like to see 1 SOO go outside NSW/QLD.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
It's also a joke that the pinnacle of the game won't sell out both Sydney games yet if origin was on stand alone weekends it would defo sell out both games even through i would like to see 1 SOO go outside NSW/QLD.

Games been played already, wow, missed them. What were the attendances?

Brutus

Referee
I reckon 11k for this Souths game is being realistic (but no doubt disappointing too)

Seems like everybody just stops caring about to round round footy this time of year. NRL need to address it. Even the Footy Show says things like "there are four games being played this weekend but who cares?"

Which is typical rubbish coming from Paul Vautin.

The guy loves to put shit on anything that's not the main show.

Talks down Qld Cup, Nsw cup, bush footy and even Test footy,, but the idiot will wax lyrical about some nuffy AFL game.

Listen to his radio show on 2UE and you'll hear this type of crap from him all the time.

Last edited:

fanatique

Juniors
Where were souths 43000 members tonight? Joke of a club who fudge figures

The Souths don't fudge the figures showing them with more Twitter followers than any ontehr NSW club. Fact is they are followed by more on twitter which is a good guide to support, they have more members and they attract good crowds. They are one of it not the biggest clubs in NSW

Valheru

Coach
Easts got 9k during the day in good weather. We'll get more at night in the pouring rain with multiple stars missing. I reckon about 12k.

First of all it wasn't 9k and secondly it wasn't against the tigers lije you tried to say last time.

Tonight was just further proof that the souffs membership base is a myth

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Members & Ticketed Members = Different things. Every week some idiot brings this up. Apparently every one of the 26,000 Rabbitohs members lives within 50km of ANZ Stadium and should be attending :lol: Also rain couldn't have had anything to do with it. Souffs are shit bla bla, I need something else to bitch about cause my team is underperforming and it hurts me that souffs are. They're on top of the table.. What else can I whinge about - oh let's criticize their crowds that'll do :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So how do you explain 23,000 attending the same venue for 10th v 13th the night before when your game was 1st v 5th? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.