What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
Because members do not equal season ticket holders.

Why can't you guys understand that? Have you got Rooster-sized brains?

So for the other 15 clubs it does?

Try answering the question. Why are souffs the only club with such a big discrepancy?

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Try answering the question. Why are souffs the only club with such a big discrepancy?

We have a better average so far this year than last year.

Last year was our best average ever.

Last year at ~18k, only the Dogs and Eels had ever beaten in Sydney.

Do you get it now, or do I have to type slowly.

SaraSassypants

Juniors

Why don't you ask Broncos where all their members were last night. That should keep you occupied for a few minutes. See you in two weeks, when you'll inevitably try to critisise us for not all turning up at the next home game, even though it's in Cairns..

BranVan3000

Coach

Because our fans take pride in being members of the club, we have fans all over the country, and a huge number of them want to contribute to the greatest club of all - even if they can't make it to every game, every week :cool:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Within rounding errors of everything that I said would happen.

The next 5-6 weeks will continue to drag us down because of the ridiculous way Origin is scheduled and we'll know a strong run home to improve on 2012 numbers.

You silly merkin, you're failing to take into account that the crowd numbers dropped during origin last year too, as they do every year. Round 12 last year averaged 12,578 fans per game.

This year Round 12 averaged 17,558 fans per game, so we actually increased the gap on last year.

Why don't you ask Broncos where all their members were last night. That should keep you occupied for a few minutes. See you in two weeks, when you'll inevitably try to critisise us for not all turning up at the next home game, even though it's in Cairns..

I can tell you where this member was: at home after a very big day. Even if I had have been able to make it, my co-attendee wouldn't have. These things happen.

Have broncos had a Sunday game this year ?

Nope. Only Fridays. And Mrs VOR has made it clear that the membership might be off the table if it is all Fridays again next year. :oops::x

t-ba

Post Whore
Constable MENSA claiming to be a genius for stating that Origin will murder crowds. Like it does...every...f**king...year. If anything, this round was quite amazing by Origin standards.

f**k off and die already.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm still of the opinion that these are the rounds to take games around the country. NSW and QLD are focusing on Origin, and while interest in the game is at it's highest, it's the perfect time to take at least one of the games to the country or something similar. Keep one Sydney game, one QLD game (Friday and Sunday), and the rest of the games on the road.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'm still of the opinion that these are the rounds to take games around the country. NSW and QLD are focusing on Origin, and while interest in the game is at it's highest, it's the perfect time to take at least one of the games to the country or something similar. Keep one Sydney game, one QLD game (Friday and Sunday), and the rest of the games on the road.

No if people in Sydney etc deem them less worthy in the origin period them why should country folk be expected to be placated with games potentially missing stars. Or even worst uncompetitive smashings I.e last night.

I maintain that origin should be played on 3 consecutive stand alone weekends with various other reps included. For the sake of the NRL it must be done

t-ba

Post Whore
There isn't enough fixtures to stock a stand alone weekend.

As nice as it would be to have a Kiwi Origin and some PI round robin comp, the game isn't strong enough yet and it would completely kill the momentum of the comp even more so than now.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
There isn't enough fixtures to stock a stand alone weekend.

As nice as it would be to have a Kiwi Origin and some PI round robin comp, the game isn't strong enough yet and it would completely kill the momentum of the comp even more so than now.

I disagree. At the moment it interrupts Rd 12 through to 19, which is a sizeable chunk of the season. Plus the weeks proceeding origin the talk about it and importantly the valuable advertising ramps up significantly.

Fixtures involving the Kiwis, pacific islands, PNG etc.... would provide enough of a sideshow for kiwis. Maybe in the pacific cup format, which would then continue post season. Possibility of English involvement, if the RFL saw fit to have an international window in the re-structure.

An alternative could be a 9's circuit during the origin weeks. 2013 Example:
Week 1- Sydney origin, Auckland 9's.
Week 2- Brisbane Origin, Melbourne 9's.
Week 3- Sydney Origin, Brisbane 9's.

With two origins this year, my theory would have the 9's played elsewhere than Sydney. When Brisbane have 2 origins its vice versa.

Put up serious prize money as is proposed by the Auckland 9's currently and the clubs will happily be involved. 4 groups of 4 clubs; play teams in group once and top 2 in each qualify for QF's, semis, final.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I can tell you where this member was: at home after a very big day. Even if I had have been able to make it, my co-attendee wouldn't have. These things happen.

Nope. Only Fridays. And Mrs VOR has made it clear that the membership might be off the table if it is all Fridays again next year. :oops::x
Hey mate I have no issue at all with the Broncs crowd let that be clear. I was more picking at Valheru for his consistently biased POV that is only directed towards Souths crowds & members ;-)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
You silly merkin, you're failing to take into account that the crowd numbers dropped during origin last year too, as they do every year. Round 12 last year averaged 12,578 fans per game.

This year Round 12 averaged 17,558 fans per game, so we actually increased the gap on last year.

Stop talking sense!!!

Hey mate I have no issue at all with the Broncs crowd let that be clear. I was more picking at Valheru for his consistently biased POV that is only directed towards Souths crowds & members ;-)

No drama... I wasn't having a go at you. Apologies if it came out that way. I was just saying that I sadly couldn't get to the game. Given the scoreline I could say that I was relieved to miss such a thrashing... but it is hardly the game to talk about "relieving yourself" at.

Between Russell Packer and that woman at the Origin game, there is something in the air at Lang Park that I don't really want to think about. :lol:

Dogs Of War

Coach

What were the teams that played at home last year during this round? This year you had the 2 highest drawing Sydney teams playing at home, and the Bronco's. So it's hard to compare last year to this years draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts