What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
One day they may sell it out before KO? Maybe they could get Man Utd on before Ko it to make it more appealing to sydney folk?

some11

Referee
On track for the record attendance for an origin series.

With around 52,500 expected at Lang Park,the 3rd match in Sydney will only require around 71,000 to break the attendance record,set back in 2004.

lol, easy.

Game 3 decider or Blues series winners homecoming - win win for RL.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Someone on the roar said there was a lot of freebies given out :?

Still game three will be a sell out:lol:

Teddy, watch this clip very carefully. Pay attention to the way Mark Wahlberg despises Will Farrell. Also, watch how geniusedly Will Farrell responds to Wahlberg in the slightly intellectually disabled manner.

You are Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg is all the posters on LU.

[youtube]s4wykeJBHdE[/youtube]

You're a pathetic troll Teddy. f**k off.

Danish

Referee
One day they may sell it out before KO? Maybe they could get Man Utd on before Ko it to make it more appealing to sydney folk?

Perhaps we should make 90% of the stadium corporate and "origin members" tickets so that we can declare a public sell out months before like the queenslanders?

DIOGENES

Juniors
South Shields at the mo mate ...why.

Win win for the next Sydney SOO and phew looking forward to it.

Well there is a great weekend ahead for you. Just under 3 hours drive and you can watch the big local derby between Widnes and Wigan. If you really love your RL why not have a weekend away, visit Wigan pier or pop up to Blackpool and then catch the Sunday game at St Helens. Although is available within a few hours drive. I am expecting a full report including crowd numbers on Monday.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Well there is a great weekend ahead for you. Just under 3 hours drive and you can watch the big local derby between Widnes and Wigan. If you really love your RL why not have a weekend away, visit Wigan pier or pop up to Blackpool and then catch the Sunday game at St Helens. Although is available within a few hours drive. I am expecting a full report including crowd numbers on Monday.

I can't drive mate.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Teddy, watch this clip very carefully. Pay attention to the way Mark Wahlberg despises Will Farrell. Also, watch how geniusedly Will Farrell responds to Wahlberg in the slightly intellectually disabled manner.

You are Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg is all the posters on LU.

[youtube]s4wykeJBHdE[/youtube]

You're a pathetic troll Teddy. f**k off.

Thats not me mate and no I won't f**k off, just off to buy Sean Fagans new book and I bet you won't...tosser.

franklin2323

Immortal
Objectively brilliant game one crowd. Well done people of Sydney!

2 things do well in Sydney 'events' & jumping on a bandwagon. SOO fits both. I swear that's like 10k in Sydney that just follow the latest craze around town.

This Long weekend is the perfect time to start an 'event' game sure it wont draw any different yet but like with ANZAC Day & Good Friday 5-10 years could be drawing 40-50k. It's what will get the crowds to where the NRL want.

bobmar28

Bench
80k, great crowd, great atmosphere. I didn't like the player introductions or the refs' lilly white uniforms.
How about the blue flames? How did they do that?

Teddyboy

First Grade
Brutus and 1 Eyed Tezza I didn't mean lol for game 3 as I meant smile on my face as SOO will be sold out when Man.U turds turn up for the weekend game as just but the Soccer wankers in Oz a big f**k you.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good stuff Sydney.

I must say though, with every game, more and more queenslanders surface in the ANZ crowd.
Because we actually allow everyday human beings (even QLDers) to purchase tickets?

Your stadium sells LESS THAN HALF its allocated tickets to the public, the rest are corporate and tickets via competitions, travel groups etc - or am I wrong?

They sold it out before kickoff last year you fool. :?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Because we actually allow everyday human beings (even QLDers) to purchase tickets?

Your stadium sells LESS THAN HALF its allocated tickets to the public, the rest are corporate and tickets via competitions, travel groups etc - or am I wrong?

They sold it out before kickoff last year you fool. :?

You are on the correct track.

Firstly, your stadium needs to allow anyone in - as demand is far far less.

This year the QRL sectioned the stadium into three selections of allocation.

The first two are like a membership, you get things with them.

Maroon members - up to $960 for two people $440for the cheapest (I believe)

Cauldron club - a little cheaper, also bought in pairs accross all categories with HIGHLY inflated prices.

And general public - which at first was category three northern upper only 4000 seats.

There was a huge backlash with QLD fans over this as paying 200+ for seats that were last year 75 wasn't desirable for all.

Last Monday a few tickets were released at usual general public prices, when I get back to Brisbane today I will have a look at the website.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
80k, great crowd, great atmosphere. I didn't like the player introductions or the refs' lilly white uniforms.
How about the blue flames? How did they do that?

Most alcohols burn with a blue flame.

They just would have pumped ethanol or methanol through it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If demand is far far less, why have we never drawn less than QLD since the stadium opened in 1999?

Fact is we have an 83,000 stadium that in recent years we consistently attract 25-30k more fans to. Any arguments about demand outstripping supply are redundant when so few fans from the general public are allocated tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts