What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abicus

Juniors
Possibly the lowest Knights crowd in forever coming up.
Maybe 5,000 here? Has only just stopped pouring rain.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Possibly the lowest Knights crowd in forever coming up.
Maybe 5,000 here? Has only just stopped pouring rain.
Not counting Super League (when they had 4) the Knights have had just 3 sub 10k crowds. The most recent being 8474 in 2010. Hopefully it beats that.

JW

Coach
Can't remember seeing HS this empty since the new stands came in.

Unless there's a heap hiding undercover, there can't be much more than 5K. Not that many on the broadcast side.

DC_fan

Coach
That's very narrowminded. You're basically excluding a big section of the market for no good reason. How many people who are in a position to use a season ticket choose not to and just get a nonticketed membership? I would think very few.

Ideally the NRL and clubs would like any good business conduct a whole of market approach to advertising. From kids to non ticketed to half season tickets to full season tickets to tickets including the whole home season and some away games.

A significant portion of the market is not able to use season tickets, so to limit marketing is extremely stupid and all it does is shut off a source of income.

Not saying we should forget people who for what ever reason can't be season ticket holders. Just that that the NRLs promotion should be directed more to season ticket holders.

DC_fan

Coach
I was hoping for a good crowd in Newcastle to boost the figures for this weekend. Doesn't look good.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What's the lowest round average ever ?

It's a chance of being beaten
The lowest round of each season for the last 10 years:

2012: 10108
2011: 13140
2010: 9757
2009: 10839
2008: 11905
2007: 8791
2006: 10116
2005: 11715
2004: 8908
2003: 11527

Looks like being in the vicinity of 2004/2007/2010. Seems we have a real dog of a round every 3 years...

DC_fan

Coach
What's the lowest round average ever ?

It's a chance of being beaten

From season 2000 their has five rounds where the average crowd was less then 10,000.

8,791 R13 2007
8,908 R18 2004
8,986 R11 2002
9,757 R13 2010
9,871 R21 2001

Of course if you went back to the very early days of the game you will find rounds with much lower average crowd figure then these.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Another issue here is half-strength teams!

An idea which Im not sure they should take on with regards to this non-indication of teams putting their best team on the park->

Play Origins 1 and 2 in 2 weeks, and the finale 2 weeks after origin 2 (mid week of course)

because spacing out the scheduling with byes, half-strength teams and less than 8 games-a-week rounds, DISRUPTS CROWDS! :x

^ The weather, form and all that are nice excuses for people not turning up! But there is truth there in the italicised text

undertaker

Coach
Well, conditions in Newcastle were absolutely terrible. No surprise they got their lowest crowd since their match vs Eels in 2010

Swarzey

Bench
Understandably a low crowd. I know I'm not the only one who changed their mind to go when the second half of the U20's started in a monsoon.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I understand families, especially if they have sport the next day (even though from what I've heard most have been canceled), but putting my Souths hatred aside, I do wish fans would be more dedicated. I attend every Knights home game and travel when possible, regardless of the weather and it most likely will be raining. My seat is technically under cover, but I won't hesitate to sit in an empty seat at the top :p

So you go to every Knights home game, and whilst you are there you post ~30 times in the game day thread. Did you accidentally get any sauce on your Phone?

Since you kept bitching at our crowd on Friday night, what is your excuse?

Whilst you are at it, what about this gem:

Great to see consistency in our crowds. Always getting 15-20k at home. Reflects our membership.

:lol:

Swarzey

Bench
So you go to every Knights home game, and whilst you are there you post ~30 times in the game day thread. Did you accidentally get any sauce on your Phone?

Since you kept bitching at our crowd on Friday night, what is your excuse?

Whilst you are at it, what about this gem:

Great to see consistency in our crowds. Always getting 15-20k at home. Reflects our membership.

:lol:

I enjoy sitting on my phone. Is that a problem? Am I not able to both sit there and also jump on the forum on my phone? I'm sorry, I'll lock my phone each time I go to home games.

Clearly stated earlier, I changed my mind when the rain was coming down pretty f**king heavy. Didn't expect it to stop either considering the weather we've had in recent weeks so don't mind me using the same excuse your fans have used two weeks in a row :lol:

Pretty funny how I'm still yet to get a solid answer from you clowns as to why you're only pulling 10-15k to games considering your form :lol:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I enjoy sitting on my phone. Is that a problem? Am I not able to both sit there and also jump on the forum on my phone? I'm sorry, I'll lock my phone each time I go to home games.

Clearly stated earlier, I changed my mind when the rain was coming down pretty f**king heavy. Didn't expect it to stop either considering the weather we've had in recent weeks so don't mind me using the same excuse your fans have used two weeks in a row :lol:

Pretty funny how I'm still yet to get a solid answer from you clowns as to why you're only pulling 10-15k to games considering your form :lol:

The only clown here is you.

I didn't see you use the weather as an excuse on Friday night, in fact it was not good enough according to you. Now it is ok when it comes to your club.

Further, you want to tell us how great a supporter you are by going to 'every home game' , so somehow we are pharked for having supporters not show up. Then two days later you are sitting in your Islington semi watching it on the box.

If you want to have a swing, at least don't contradict yourself two times in the one post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts