What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
It'd have to be around 1995 I think, maybe 96.

Those days of a full Bruce Stadium in the 90's looked really good on TV

From looking at some footage of matches at Bruce Stadium in the '90s, is it my imagination or not that the ground looks more like an oval shape? I dunno, but every time the camera pans to plays close to the eastern touchline, you can see that the fence on the eastern grandstand looks a lot further away from the playing field than it is today. Maybe the ground has been re-configured since then.

Watched footy show first time this year and was disappointed (didn't watch last 15-20 minutes) they hadn't mentioned the Samao v Tonga game, and having armed services personal, no mention the defence forces would be involved in the Defence services world cup in the UK in a couple of months time.

Just so typical of rugby league journalism (sigh using that last word) to ignore good things in the game, and they harped on about what a great job our soldiers are doing ad nuseum, yet 'dont even have the knowledge to wish them well in a world cup that will involve the defence services of Russia & Serbia.

Well, after all it is The Footy Show you're talking about. What more do you expect?:lol:

From looking at some footage of matches at Bruce Stadium in the '90s, is it my imagination or not that the ground looks more like an oval shape? I dunno, but every time the camera pans to plays close to the eastern touchline, you can see that the fence on the eastern grandstand looks a lot further away from the playing field than it is today. Maybe the ground has been re-configured since then.

The stadium was rectangularised in 1997 for the 2000 Olympics.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ticket sales for City/Country are understandable,who wants to watch Joel Reddy run backwards and score for the wrong team or watch Adam Cuthbertson eat cheeseburgers on the sideline

Brutus

Referee
Ticket sales for City/Country are understandable,who wants to watch Joel Reddy run backwards and score for the wrong team or watch Adam Cuthbertson eat cheeseburgers on the sideline

I'm really pissed off David Simmons wasn't picked at half-back and Matt Groat wasn't given a start on the wing.

As a result, I won't be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.