What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I think everyone should set ANZAC expectations lower.

Last year it was our home game played at their home ground. What that obviously means is about 10,000 sydney redv ticketed members get in free. Then you get a big Easts turn out because its their ground and a lot of SCG members are roosters fans.

When its roosters home year, you don't get that double whammy. Saints fans have to pay for their ticket, and whilst we'll travel well, some people ESP families won't come.

I say hope for 30,000. Anything more is a bonus.

Talk of beating a-league crowd is just preparing for disappointment IMO

Do you really think that is true? How many of your members are Wollongong only members? Once you remove those, the memberships are probably on par with each other this year.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Cam Williams at the beginning of the CC telecast said that there was a good crowd in. It's one thing to feel the need to talk the game up, but blatantly lying is different.​

Danish

Referee
I think everyone should set ANZAC expectations lower.

Last year it was our home game played at their home ground. What that obviously means is about 10,000 sydney redv ticketed members get in free. Then you get a big Easts turn out because its their ground and a lot of SCG members are roosters fans.

When its roosters home year, you don't get that double whammy. Saints fans have to pay for their ticket, and whilst we'll travel well, some people ESP families won't come.

I say hope for 30,000. Anything more is a bonus.

Talk of beating a-league crowd is just preparing for disappointment IMO

there was 35,000 there in 2011 when it was last our home game, and the roosters were a complete rabble by that stage. Hell in 2012 we were even worse and yet there was still 40,000 there.

given both teams are in fine form I would be an immense failure this year if we don't easily surpass the 2011 crowd. Frankly I'd be shocked if the crowd is under 40,000 (weather permitting, of course)

Canard

Immortal
God we got owned yesterday.

To be at a club with TVs on side by side

Was absolutely embarrassing

It was like watching an fa cup final on one tv and a game of local reserve grade on other

But they are hardly comparable? How would the NRL Grand Final rate against a mickey mouse rep game organised by the A-League and played in a small country town?

Mr Saab

Referee
ANZAC day will be 41k plus.....weather is fine, and both teams in good form.
But then Dean Rotchie said that the NRL crowds are bad.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
There are a fair amount of neutrals that go to the ANZAC match. I've been a few times. Absolutely great day. I love it.

Thursday would be a good day for neutrals IMO, plenty of people will chuck a sicky on Friday so I think the match could beat 40'000. But I'm predicting 38'000.

Springs

First Grade
God we got owned yesterday.

To be at a club with TVs on side by side

Was absolutely embarrassing

It was like watching an fa cup final on one tv and a game of local reserve grade on other

Well for one thing it was a final at Allianz Stadium while the other was at Coffs Harbour. You might have had a point if we got 4000 at ANZ Stadium for a semi final or something on the same day.

Mr Saab

Referee
You would have hoped that this game would have been looked at more favourably than a local game ?

Who would want to pay $60 to see Joel Reddy and James Tedesco play? I would (and have) paid 100 plus to see inglis / lockyer / thurston and co in origin, but i wouldnt pay to watch avg first graders

The Enforcer

Juniors
Who would want to pay $60 to see Joel Reddy and James Tedesco play? I would (and have) paid 100 plus to see inglis / lockyer / thurston and co in origin, but i wouldnt pay to watch avg first graders
I understand your point, however there was enough name players to draw a better crowd than what they got. The prices sound like a definite turn off.

LJC

Juniors
all i heard leading upto it was the tickets were too pricey and people were saying they couldn't afford to take the family so they wouldn't go.
It was a great afternoon out but i wouldn't pay those ticket prices.
Me thinks they wanted it to fail to make it easier to scrap the game.

Good observation. And I would not put it past people in control to make decisions like that!

Ticket prices were ridiculously high!

After the so called great amount of TV money the ACRL should have budgeted and used this game as a promotional game for the country. Not a break even concern.

The game itself was good and the players do value it.

I'd suggest another international game for either PNG, Fiji or Cook Islands to be arranged for this weekend in future years.

Make it a South Pacific international weekend. It will work and raise the profile of the game in the region to greater heights. The players would love it!

The PNG game should be played in northern QLD.

No game of elite RL in QLD over the weekend is a shame!

LJC

Juniors
There are a fair amount of neutrals that go to the ANZAC match. I've been a few times. Absolutely great day. I love it.

Thursday would be a good day for neutrals IMO, plenty of people will chuck a sicky on Friday so I think the match could beat 40'000. But I'm predicting 38'000.

Given good weather this Thursday the Anzac game will draw close to 45,000. I am taking my daughter,along with a mate and his 2 sons to the game.

I am a little disappointed that, as a Roosters Country member, our ticket did not include public transport to and from the game!

Something the membership marketing people should look at!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Given good weather this Thursday the Anzac game will draw close to 45,000. I am taking my daughter,along with a mate and his 2 sons to the game.

I am a little disappointed that, as a Roosters Country member, our ticket did not include public transport to and from the game!

It has special event status so your membership will get you free transport

But I agree, members should receive free public transport by default for every match. At the moment the Roosters memberships gets you free ride on the special event bus

Raiderdave

First Grade

gunna be a great day weather wise ( forcast this far out )

a special day on so many levels .. not just football
big membership bases between the 2 teams... nearly 33,000
both in form
memories of the epic encounter from last year vivid in everyones minds

I agree
why shouldn't this game break the ground record of 43,967 .. given all of the above
it should ...........;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
I understand your point, however there was enough name players to draw a better crowd than what they got. The prices sound like a definite turn off.

The people are not stupid. From the team named last sunday to what ran out there were about 20 changes!

If this was origin, or a GF they would have played, but this is a meaningless game and the people voted with their wallets.

They could have charged 15-20 then they would have got 10k plus, but the NRL are greedy and thoughtless.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Just heard a women bitching that city country had a $75 family ticket

f**k me that's like $18.50 each

Hardly daylight robbery.

Go to a swans or WARATAHS game adults are $50 + each

Ray hadlee is just filthy Dave smith hasn't called him for advice

They end

ouwet

Bench
Just heard a women bitching that city country had a $75 family ticket

f**k me that's like $18.50 each

Hardly daylight robbery.

Go to a swans or WARATAHS game adults are $50 + each

Ray hadlee is just filthy Dave smith hasn't called him for advice

They end

Fully agree, I hear people complain about $20-25 tickets... What do people expect? Tickets for $5? FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts