What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Hadley is just a dopey bully.

David Smith has been in the job 5 mins and he gets labelled a dunce by bully shock jock.

I reckon David Smith knows more about rugby league than Hadley.

Bob Carr knows more about rugby league than Hadley.

LJC

Juniors
It has special event status so your membership will get you free transport

But I agree, members should receive free public transport by default for every match. At the moment the Roosters memberships gets you free ride on the special event bus

I was told by Roosters membership marketing that members tickets do not receive the public travel thrown in. Only tickets purchased from Ticketek.

I hope you are right and we country members do get the travel costs included!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been informed from the Roosters membership office about this last week.

Canard

Immortal
Who would want to pay $60 to see Joel Reddy and James Tedesco play? I would (and have) paid 100 plus to see inglis / lockyer / thurston and co in origin, but i wouldnt pay to watch avg first graders

That's part of it but I reckon a lot of it is people being discerning and wanting a true contest. If the players and NSW selectors treat it like a joke why can't they?

Its like the crazies who claim a 2nd tier comp would get a $500M TV contract and av 10000 crowds

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I was told by Roosters membership marketing that members tickets do not receive the public travel thrown in. Only tickets purchased from Ticketek.

I hope you are right and we country members do get the travel costs included!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been informed from the Roosters membership office about this last week.

In my experience as a member I have never been pulled up when going to special event games. In general if you have footy gear on they let everyone go. That was even as a country member in my first year, so imo you will be fine

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Disagree, on the basis that it was two NSW teams in the A-League Grand Final.

Spot On

Coach
The main issue is country people aren't used to paying $60 to go to... anything. Or even $30 to go to the footy. Most country people would sooner pay $60 to see a game in Sydney because it's a novel experience. Seeing a game in your local ground is something you normally pay $5 for. Plus the facilities aren't worth the expense. If it had been raining there would have been 2000 there. But at the same time, 4000 people got to see what was essentially NRL footy, in-season, that wouldn't have otherwise had the chance, unless the went to Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle or the GC. That's also the point.

Finally you are making sense. I agree with you here.

That said, I watched the Titans V Parra game last week and paid $57 for a ticket. Great seats but that's too much considering I can walk into Allianz Stadium for about $30 and sit pretty much where I want. Great viewing, easy access to grog, food etc Great ground to watch footy.

How on earth did the NRL expect any more than 4500 to turn up at Coffs with the ticket prices as they were??? No only that but those with general admission weren't allowed to bring a fold out chair and programs were extra as well. So there's more cost.

How much were the tickets to the game in Mudgee last year??

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yeah, I love the idea of giving back to the country rugby league but City v Country has run its course. It needs something with new life and energy to reinvigorate interest. Something that brings in money not just for NSW country but also Qld and others.

An entire round played in the country, I don't really know. But I'm certain that there is a way to amass funds for CRL and create renewed interest for Qld and Sydney viewers.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Well Parra play the Titans in Mudgee round 11 on a sunday arvo. Take that as the litmus test for where the NRL/bush relationship will head. Honestly I would hope for 3-4 games a season in regional centres in NSW, plus regional Qld, NZ and Victoria. Should be done strategically with North, South and West covered each year in this state.

Say in 2014- Orange, Port Mac, Wagga

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well Parra play the Titans in Mudgee round 11 on a sunday arvo. Take that as the litmus test for where the NRL/bush relationship will head. Honestly I would hope for 3-4 games a season in regional centres in NSW, plus regional Qld, NZ and Victoria. Should be done strategically with North, South and West covered each year in this state.

Probably helps if teams target area's where some of their squad players come from. I'm sure it helped the Bulldogs with the Mackay match last year. GA was only $25.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I really think Manly need to be moving a blockbuster match against a Sydney team to the footy stadium. Manly against Souths as the two best sides in Sydney currently on a Saturday night or sunday arvo would do very well in the city imo. 30k plus me thinks. Yes the hill will look great on tv when its packed on Friday night, but as a code we are still selling ourselves short crowd wise.

Spot On

Coach

Any idea of ticket prices for that game CC?

Kirky

Juniors
Scrap C v C and have a regional round. All games for the round played in regional stadiums that don't get regular games. Give the gate or catering rights to the local RL comp, God knows they need the cash.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Scrap C v C and have a regional round. All games for the round played in regional stadiums that don't get regular games. Give the gate or catering rights to the local RL comp, God knows they need the cash.

I liked Mascords idea

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-the-representative-round-20130421-2i8p3.html

So if the object is to see how players fare at rep level, not against each other, then why do City and Country have to play each other? ??Sydney Origin?? would draw a massive crowd in Port Moresby, while Country could take on an island nation or Pacific All Stars in a rural centre and interest would be huge. In the NRL, we?re trying to find the right venues for the right games. At rep level, we have to find the right opponents for the right teams.

Much better idea than the current setup. Time to start thinking of new ideas like this because what we have now isn't working

docbrown

Coach
City vs Country is a good marketing tool but so is a Country Round. It doesn't need to be on Anzac Test Weekend either.

To be honest I really think these NRL-free weekends are a mistake and just open up opportunities for our competitors.

I'd rather see a 27 week season starting on the first Thursday in March with teams playing 24 games and having 3 byes a season.

Anzac Test Weekend - 3 NRL club games
Week after Anzac Test Weekend - 7 NRL club games

Weekend Prior to Origin match - 4 NRL club games
Weekend after Origin match - 6 NRL club games

Keep Internationals for October & November.

Status
Not open for further replies.