What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Only the Raiders could have a season average of 10032 before today and actually lower that in a clear afternoon game.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Shame the capacity has been reduced. Otherwise a ground record would be on the cards.

I was at the game which produced the ground record,Panthers were up like 22-0 and than Hayne went nuts and produced the miracle comeback,was game of the year,i reckon this year will see a similar down to the wire clash

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't expect Raiders crowds to be outstanding. But 12-13k should be where the worst teams are at. A 4 figure average is bad regardless of form.

Its not just form though. Its a decade of being mediocre combined with any talent being an insane clod who gets fired combined with the outright hostility the club has towards the fans (Stuart described us as keyboard warriors a few weeks ago).

There are a lot of factors going on with how the Raiders are going for fans. Luckily for the club (i guess) they do a lot for junior rugby league and are financially rich because it just feels like a pointless club that honestly cares more about the property empire than the rugby league club .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its not just form though. Its a decade of being mediocre combined with any talent being an insane clod who gets fired combined with the outright hostility the club has towards the fans (Stuart described us as keyboard warriors a few weeks ago).

There are a lot of factors going on with how the Raiders are going for fans. Luckily for the club (i guess) they do a lot for junior rugby league and are financially rich because it just feels like a pointless club that honestly cares more about the property empire than the rugby league club .

Must be a RL thing. Dockers were terrible for a decade yet managed to grow there crowd from 23k to 35k.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why? Warriors are a sht run club. Until they sort out their management they will aways draw 15-17k when they could and arguably should be one of our regular 20k plus clubs.
Your expectations are way too high. Do you know anything about NZ? League is way behind Union and on par with Cricket and Netball. Their crowds are great for what is mostly a niche sport.

:lol:
Classic Ricky.

I do feel for Canberra fans. Seeing as you people live in Canberra the least you deserve is to have your mind taken off that with a decent footy team. There's always the superpower that is GWS...

In all seriousness hopefully the Raiders can get to a point where 12k is the bad years and 18k is the good years.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I live in Sydney and used to drive down for every game. Now I couldn't even be bothered getting on the train to see us play at ANZ.

Flapper

First Grade
Your expectations are way too high. Do you know anything about NZ? League is way behind Union and on par with Cricket and Netball. Their crowds are great for what is mostly a niche sport.

Niche sport :lol: it's quite clear that the closest you've been to NZ is Coffs Harbour judging by that gibberish.

EDIT: Just went to my oracle on Kiwi stuff and especially Waikato sport my fiancee and she thinks the Hamilton crowd is "preeeeeeeetty good"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts