What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We had several big crowds last season too. Outliers are not the same as averages. And even among the big games, Souths-Dogs Easter decreased, Souths-Easts decreased. But a few 40k+ crowds isn't enough to get the average beyond 17k. Rather than fapping about the 6 or 7 spectacular crowds we might get a season it's the dozens and dozens that are between 8k and 14k that need to change.

RWB

Bench
Well it seems after this weekend the only way to a 20,000 Ave is on the back of blockbusters with the "big 5"

The NRL needs to complete next years draw, and tell Ch 9 and Fox, that they are adding a marquee game anti siphoning list, the games on this list are scheduled by NRL not the broadcasters.

Much the same way as the ANZAC game is done at the moment...

This list just needs to have a dozen games on it,

The big 5 , Parra, Canterbury, Souths, St Geo and Tigers... all play each other twice, one game before origin one game after origin, none in the middle...

That makes 8 marquee games, then add a few others such as the 2 anzac day games, the opening south v easts, etc..

All those 8 games are to be played exclusively on Sunday at 3.30 pm @ ANZ... All have the $30 family ticket option, all have trains, all have shared gates etc.

With these set in stone, each year you would start to see that 50k turn up regularly... and it would urge the other teams such as Manly, cron, panthers, chooks to build their base so they could become involved.

Thank god you're not in charge of the doing the draw.

"The Big 5" play each other twice = 8 games :sarcasm:

Yeah I am a member of both GWS and Penrith. I follow both sports equally. I do get sick of the negativity Rugby League dans do have towards AFL but you just don't hear any from AFL back towards the NRL. Both sports can thrive

Dan Stains used to piss me off.

Dan Hunt, well, the less said the better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah I am a member of both GWS and Penrith. I follow both sports equally. I do get sick of the negativity Rugby League dans do have towards AFL but you just don't hear any from AFL back towards the NRL. Both sports can thrive
:lol: There we go, out of that closet it wasn't hard.

:lol::lol::lol:
Straight from the Derpball propaganda book..

ouwet

Bench

Atleast NRL fans acknowledge the AFL... Most AFl fans try to pretend they don't know what the NRL is.

Arrogant wankers!

BuffaloRules

Coach

You from Melbourne or Adelaide orginally?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I left a petition outside of the Paddington post office yesterday, in regards to Brisbane Origin pricing and ticketing system.

689 Signatures.

Will be posted to Robert Moore this morning.

wests1

Juniors
Blinky Bill, I do hope you're kidding when you say that AFL fans don't hold a negative towards RL. I live in Melbourne and the utter contempt with which our game is held by many is plain to see. I regularly cop a moralising at work about how things are done differently in the AFL - and the inherent implication is that it is done better (which often it is to be fair). Then there is the absolute misconceptions that are held. If I hear one more time that Origin is our version of the AFL Grand Final, I'll scream. Our Grand final is like the AFL Grand Final!!! AFL fans can't handle the fact that we do something better than them.
I find that AFL fans tend to snigger about Rugby League - if that's not holding a negative view, I don't know what is.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Blinky Bill, I do hope you're kidding when you say that AFL fans don't hold a negative towards RL. I live in Melbourne and the utter contempt with which our game is held by many is plain to see. I regularly cop a moralising at work about how things are done differently in the AFL - and the inherent implication is that it is done better (which often it is to be fair). Then there is the absolute misconceptions that are held. If I hear one more time that Origin is our version of the AFL Grand Final, I'll scream. Our Grand final is like the AFL Grand Final!!! AFL fans can't handle the fact that we do something better than them.
I find that AFL fans tend to snigger about Rugby League - if that's not holding a negative view, I don't know what is.

Look every AFL fan in Sydney i have come across has the same attitude.

Nice people but utter contempt with the same propaganda bullshit one liners about RL.

Its like they have been sat down in front of a AFL made propaganda war video on how to think and what to say about rugby league, they all say the same shit.
Similar to rugby union Fans and the usual drivel they vomit.

What blinkybil does not realize is what he said is part of the AFL propaganda playbook/brainwashing.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee

With a heavy leaning toward AFL more like it.You can pick a troll,from a satellite.

Last year Sept speaking to a mother of one of the kids at the local primary school,waiting to pick up young un.Started talking about the Sharks,and she stated( who BTW is Swans member with hubbie) and her kids play Auskick,that her husband reckons the NRL is for bogans.Wait for it ,because of the tattoos.She thought it was funny . I let it slide to give her a moment in the sun.
Yet we have Bumfreeze Franklin covered in them.:roll:

To suggest AFL fans do not bag or show negativity toward rugby league is BS of the highest order.
You are either lying,or spend your days indoors contemplating your navel.

You poor bastard. I worked in Sydney for a Melbourne-based company and that was bad enough, but living and working in Melbourne must be sheer hell. They love it when you tell them you're not interested in their AFL tipping competition...

Look every AFL fan in Sydney i have come across has the same attitude.

Nice people but utter contempt with the same propaganda bullshit one liners about RL.

Its like they have been sat down in front of a AFL made propaganda war video on how to think and what to say about rugby league, they all say the same shit.
Similar to rugby union Fans and the usual drivel they vomit.

What blinkybil does not realize is what he said is part of the AFL propaganda playbook/brainwashing.

Online, I can honestly say that there is only one AFL fan I have any respect for. The rest are intellectual pumpkins. Their forum is the dumbest forum on the planet, it's like they've sought out every Australian with a IQ that would embarrass a dumb dog and taught them how to type.

Offline, because I live in western Sydney and I only know one AFL fan and they've never actually been to a game. A relo unfortunately.

georgesnmith

Juniors

what was your favourite part of penrith's first grand final win?

who was a better panthers coach sheens or gould?

where do you sit at panthers games?

GWS member lol

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee

Take the blinkers off Blinky you troll.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
what was your favourite part of penrith's first grand final win?

who was a better panthers coach sheens or gould?

where do you sit at panthers games?

GWS member lol
We should ask him the big questions, is he into feet, fruit or Battle Pirates???

Or all of the above.

oikee

Juniors
Be careful lads, this site is full of afl and union trolls.
Just under 170 thousand for the weekend rounds.
Imagine if they scheduled a game in Brisbane and NZ, we would have cracxked 200 thousand.

Valheru

Coach
If people in Adelaide aren't aware enough to know that there are two different types of Rugby, then they are beyond help or maybe they are just full of BS.
I don't buy this argument from anyone with half a brain.
There is too much national media around these days.

Sadly it’s true, I’m sure in the back of their minds they do know there are 2 but they don’t know or care what the difference is. They wouldn’t be able to tell you if the Kangaroos play league or union because they don’t know the difference. People in Melbourne aren’t much better, not sure about Perth
Well it seems after this weekend the only way to a 20,000 Ave is on the back of blockbusters with the "big 5"
The NRL needs to complete next years draw, and tell Ch 9 and Fox, that they are adding a marquee game anti siphoning list, the games on this list are scheduled by NRL not the broadcasters.
Much the same way as the ANZAC game is done at the moment...
This list just needs to have a dozen games on it,
The big 5 , Parra, Canterbury, Souths, St Geo and Tigers... all play each other twice, one game before origin one game after origin, none in the middle...
That makes 8 marquee games, then add a few others such as the 2 anzac day games, the opening south v easts, etc..
All those 8 games are to be played exclusively on Sunday at 3.30 pm @ ANZ... All have the $30 family ticket option, all have trains, all have shared gates etc.
With these set in stone, each year you would start to see that 50k turn up regularly... and it would urge the other teams such as Manly, cron, panthers, chooks to build their base so they could become involved.

That awkward moment when all of roosters, Manly and Cronulla have a larger home average than 3 of the alleged big 5 (2013). I’ll save you the trouble of replying, “It’s the away fans”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts