What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Valheru said:
That awkward moment when all of roosters, Manly and Cronulla have a larger home average than 3 of the alleged big 5 (2013). I’ll save you the trouble of replying, “It’s the away fans”.

Roosters do well anyway and have some good derby matches. Manly, Cronulla and Penrith have plenty of work to do to work out how to maximise crowds. These clubs need to look at the other Easter Show weekend and see how they can get involved with there own derby match. May attract some new fans, or make the game accessible to fans of the team that don't actually live in the local area and find it hard to get there. One game a year doesn't hurt.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I left a petition outside of the Paddington post office yesterday, in regards to Brisbane Origin pricing and ticketing system.

689 Signatures.

Will be posted to Robert Moore this morning.

It always amazes me how self-entitled Rugby League fans can be...

The NRL doesnt owe you anything!!!!

They should be looking to sell out games, but once a sellout is assured, they can raise prices as high as they like if people are still willing to pay.

If you want cheap tickets, go watch Group 6 play. If you want premium Football, SOO no less, you have to pay for it....

BunniesMan

Immortal
All this hate being directed at Blinky just proves his point. He hasn't said or done anything out of line...besides the capital crime of admitting he likes AFL.

I like the NRL and AFL and Soccer. I'm a Souths member and a Swans member. People are allowed to like more than 1 sport without it meaning they hate rugby league.

Flapper

First Grade
No it's because he's a troll, and it's quite obvious he is a troll, this is how they all start. But I presume your post is just trolling as well.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they are trolling.

Crowd predictions for this round:

Dragons v Roosters 38k
Storm v Warriors 25k
Broncos v Souths 37k
Sharks v Panthers 12k
Cowboys v Eels 13k
Bulldogs v Knights 23k
Manly v Raiders 12k
Tigers v Titans 16k

All this hate being directed at Blinky just proves his point. He hasn't said or done anything out of line...besides the capital crime of admitting he likes AFL.

I like the NRL and AFL and Soccer. I'm a Souths member and a Swans member. People are allowed to like more than 1 sport without it meaning they hate rugby league.

You are a turnip.

Brutus

Referee

Go pass away or something.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Dragons v Roosters 40k
Storm v Warriors 23k
Broncos v Souths 42k
Sharks v Panthers 11k
Cowboys v Eels 14k
Bulldogs v Knights 19k
Manly v Raiders 15k
Tigers v Titans 19k

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Dragons/Roosters and Broncos/Bunnies will get 45k,the greatness shown by Eels and Tigers fans last Monday will inspire these other NRL fans

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It always amazes me how self-entitled Rugby League fans can be...

The NRL doesnt owe you anything!!!!

They should be looking to sell out games, but once a sellout is assured, they can raise prices as high as they like if people are still willing to pay.

If you want cheap tickets, go watch Group 6 play. If you want premium Football, SOO no less, you have to pay for it....

The petition details were as follows:
1. Please offer a family deal.

There was zero mentioning of "owing us anything".

A ticket that was $125 last year is now $220, two years ago $85. With no child ticket, if you want to take your two kids, hello $1,000.

Inflation is obvious. But that is excessive.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Weather won't affect the Sydney ANZAC Day game unless it's an absolute monsoon. People *want* to be at the game.

For what it's worth I purchased tickets this morning and pax was around the 23,500 mark.

Bronco should sell out slrbroncos there no excuses considering how well the broncos are performing, souths has strong away support and its a public holiday. Surely league fans should sell out suncorp on a public holiday againist one of the most popular teams in the comp. No excuses for brisbane league 'heartland'. Getting outrdraw by the reds 2 year straight is just wrong for a supposed heartland of rl, e ven worse when the lions outdrew them from 01 to 05.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The petition details were as follows:
1. Please offer a family deal.

There was zero mentioning of "owing us anything".

A ticket that was $125 last year is now $220, two years ago $85. With no child ticket, if you want to take your two kids, hello $1,000.

Inflation is obvious. But that is excessive.

But thats the thing...

They can raise the prices like that because there are still 50,000 people willing to pay at the new prices.

You may feel its unfair to you personally because you cannot afford it and therefore you will miss out. But, conversely, offering it at a cheaper price will mean that more people are willing to buy than there are seats to sell; the people that want the seats more than others (willing to pay a higher price) have no advantage, may no get seats and it is unfair to them.

I realise how cold and calculating that is, but its basic economics and we live in a (mostly) free market. You can either accept that or start a Communist revolution....

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Bronco should sell out slrbroncos there no excuses considering how well the broncos are performing, souths has strong away support and its a public holiday. Surely league fans should sell out suncorp on a public holiday againist one of the most popular teams in the comp. No excuses for brisbane league 'heartland'. Getting outrdraw by the reds 2 year straight is just wrong for a supposed heartland of rl, e ven worse when the lions outdrew them from 01 to 05.

Hey buddy,

I have never said that Brisbane is the 'heartland', Sydney is 100% the heartland for club rugby league.

Souths don't have as much away support as you believe, last year we got 39,111 against them and I was by no means impressed by the away support.

How well the Broncos are performing, 4 wins 3 losses, thats not bad, but its certainly not anything to be thinking "wow these guys are brilliant".

Its not going to sell out, its not going to come close. There are other factors as well, General admission seating counts out any chance of a crowd higher than about 48,500.

It will be 42,000 - If weather is perfect and we get a massive walkup it will be anywhere from 44k up. One benefit I believe is that most members will show for this game.

The thing I am not a fan of - 8pm kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts