What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
Excellent crowd at ANZ yesterday, both sets of fans are to be congratulated. It is clear that BM’s hierarchy needs to be reviewed, for me it goes something like this:

Parra
Dogs
Saints
Tigers
Roosters
Manly
Penrith
Cronulla
Swans
Sydney FC
WSW
Waratahs
NSW Swifts
Sydney 6ers
Sydney Thunder
Gymea Gorillas
Souffs

Suitman

Post Whore
Excellent crowd at ANZ yesterday, both sets of fans are to be congratulated. It is clear that BM?s hierarchy needs to be reviewed, for me it goes something like this:

Parra
Dogs
Saints
Tigers
Roosters
Manly
Penrith
Cronulla
Swans
Sydney FC
WSW
Waratahs
NSW Swifts
Sydney 6ers
Sydney Thunder
Gymea Gorillas
Souffs

:lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Excellent crowd at ANZ yesterday, both sets of fans are to be congratulated. It is clear that BM?s hierarchy needs to be reviewed, for me it goes something like this:

Parra
Dogs
Saints
Tigers
Roosters
Manly
Penrith
Cronulla
Swans
Sydney FC
WSW
Waratahs
NSW Swifts
Sydney 6ers
Sydney Thunder
Gymea Gorillas
Souffs

Pretty sure souffs should be above Gymea Gorillas. They use a tape recorder for crowd noise.

Oh wait...

mattyg

Bench
Looking at the Bulldogs fixtures for the rest of the year and we have 3 blockbuster games on at ANZ stadium 3pm on a Sunday arvo in the coming months. Rd 9 vs Dragons (A), Rd 14 vs Parramatta (H), Rd 19 vs Tigers (A).

In the weeks coming up to the finals we also play Eels, Tigers, Souths 3 weeks in a row at ANZ. If they are all scheduled on Sunday afternoon as well we could be looking at 6 crowds of up around 40k or thereabouts. It's a shame the first Eels game will be origin affected and that the Dragons don't have the members reciprocal entry going on but definitely an achievable goal especially if all these sides are in the mix later in the year.

georgesnmith

Juniors
nrl should have match of the round every sunday at either anz or SFS, featuring all sydney derbies

cheap tickets

40k crowds could become a regular thing.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
nrl should have match of the round every sunday at either anz or SFS, featuring all sydney derbies

cheap tickets

40k crowds could become a regular thing.

I said in another thread, the reason of having just one stadium for this "match of the round" idea is that it get people into a routine. Football is supposed to be a leisure event, but the amount of effort that goes into planning the day can put alot of people off.

I love the MOTR idea, but if it is always at ANZ fans can just plan it once and just do the same thing every weekend...

Also, i dont think the all sydney derby is necessary. Obviously have the derbies at this time, but games against the broncos or the storm can draw just as well...

Edit: Plus the NRL could run a centralised membership for just these games and distribute the money depending on which games people turn up to.

Last edited:

Western_Eel

Juniors
i was an idiot and tried to drive to yesterdays game, the carpark was full at ANZ and there was nowhere to park anywhere near the stadium so i ended up driving to lidcome but had to drive around for about half an hour looking for a carpark there too, finally found one and had to walk a life time to the station, thankfully its only a short train ride from lidcome to olympic park.

I know there was 50,000 at the game yesterday but it was a massive stuff around trying to get there when the easter show is on.

Western_Eel

Juniors
i normally park in newington but that was packed too, i should of listened to the radio and my email and the 3 signs i passed on the M4 that said the carpark is full and i should catch the train in

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
i normally park in newington but that was packed too, i should of listened to the radio and my email and the 3 signs i passed on the M4 that said the carpark is full and i should catch the train in

When buying tickets there was a giant thing to the left of the "buy now" box that said "monday tips".

1. Do not drive.

Haha, I guess though being a member you had to rely on the email.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Parra
Dogs
Saints
Tigers
Roosters
Manly
Penrith
Cronulla
Swans
Sydney FC
WSW
Waratahs
NSW Swifts
Sydney 6ers
Sydney Thunder
Gymea Gorillas
Souffs

Gymea easily has the Thunder covered.

pHyR3

Juniors
You can't compare the two really. AFL supporters seem to be a lot more passionate and commit to their club financially a lot more. I heard Collingwood is just about to crack 80,000 members and within a few years will have a waiting list to watch a game at the MCG. I can only dream about that in our game

how can that be? they should pull 100k every game there then, but as far as i know they dont.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I have just recently moved to Adelaide from Sydney. The one big thing I have noticed here is that most people don't actually know that their is a rugby league and union, they all think its the same game. The NRL really is going to be mission impossible expanding in this market. The other thing I have noticed is the media or people do not look upon the game as negative at all as the Sydney siders do of AFL. It's literally just not talked about down here

This is why the NRL has embraced the name "NRL" for all levels and variations of the game (NRL Touch Football, NRL Masters, ect.)

In NSW and Queensland itll still be League or football, but going into newer markets Rugby League (NRL) wont risk being confused with Rugby Union, just as Vic Football has moved into Sydney under the name AFL so it wont be confused with Soccer...

seanoff

Juniors
i was an idiot and tried to drive to yesterdays game, the carpark was full at ANZ and there was nowhere to park anywhere near the stadium so i ended up driving to lidcome but had to drive around for about half an hour looking for a carpark there too, finally found one and had to walk a life time to the station, thankfully its only a short train ride from lidcome to olympic park.

I know there was 50,000 at the game yesterday but it was a massive stuff around trying to get there when the easter show is on.

What a shock. One of the biggest annual events is on, with a footy game expected to draw more than 40000 and you thought you'd rock up and park where ever. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts