What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm no troll just a realist that looks at things from angles that are of a realistic nature and that nature is telling me rugby league has fallen way behind with being able to invest money in things like stadiums. Penrith, Parramatta, Leighardt etc are bloody run down. When I see the AFL havingbrand new stadiums like Adelade Oval, Geelongs new stadium, SCG redevolpment, Perths new billion dollar stadium and we are being left a long way behind.

Dude Geelong most certainly did not get a new stadium.

They have only had a new stand put in, the last one was put in long ago, the other half of the stadium is a heap of shit.

Flapper

First Grade
I'm no troll just a realist that looks at things from angles that are of a realistic nature and that nature is telling me rugby league has fallen way behind with being able to invest money in things like stadiums. Penrith, Parramatta, Leighardt etc are bloody run down. When I see the AFL havingbrand new stadiums like Adelade Oval, Geelongs new stadium, SCG redevolpment, Perths new billion dollar stadium and we are being left a long way behind.

And yet BunniesMan think we're giving you shit because you happen to like AFL and not for the fact you write complete and utter bullshit like quoted above. You're both as moronic as each other.

DC_fan

Coach
111,000 fans are tipped to pack just the three games being played in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane

THE players reckon nothing can beat running out in front of a packed stadium on Anzac Day — and the spirit of the Anzacs will lead an NRL fightback on Friday.

In what is shaping up as one of the game’s most memorable days, Friday’s combined Anzac Day crowds are set to be the second biggest in 107 years of rugby league in Australia.

The biggest attendance for a single day was in 1995, when 136,695 fans attended eight games in round 22, while in 1993 110,576 turned out for six games in round four.

On Friday, more than 111,000 fans are tipped to pack just the three games being played in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that it could be a rugby league sellout in all three states.

This year, overall crowds have been down by more than 10 per cent over the opening rounds, but that’s about to receive a giant boost.

The NRL is expecting more than 40,000 for the game between the Roosters and the Dragons at Allianz Stadium.

The clash between the Storm and Warriors is expected to crack 26,000, while in Brisbane they anticipate 45,000 for the game between the Broncos and Rabbitohs.

And on the back of last weekend’s bumper Easter crowds, Friday can’t come soon enough for the players.

Representatives from the Dragons and Roosters got together at Allianz Stadium yesterday — and to a man the players spoke about the privilege of playing on the nation’s most honoured day.

“I am forever grateful for what they have done for us,” Boyd Cordner said. “It’s a great way to honour them.”

Kiwis Jason Nightingale and Shaun Kenny-Dowall said it was equally motivating for New Zealanders.

Nightingale said the pre-match service always gets the emotions flowing.

“It really gets you going, *especially when you stand to face the crowd and the anthems are sung,” Nightingale said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rne-and-brisbane/story-fni3fbgz-1226893727670

oikee

Juniors
Great news. Makes you wonder why Gallop let Brisbane fester like a dried fart on a bard-wire fence for so long.
The reason league has taken so long to grow is the marketing and planning of events.
Even easter crowd weekend could be better if they planned games into other cities.

Now we just need to get some sense and step up to the plate with both Anthems played on the day.
ANZAC= Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

DC_fan

Coach
Great news. Makes you wonder why Gallop let Brisbane fester like a dried fart on a bard-wire fence for so long.
The reason league has taken so long to grow is the marketing and planning of events.
Even easter crowd weekend could be better if they planned games into other cities.

Now we just need to get some sense and step up to the plate with both Anthems played on the day.

Have to agree with you. People don't want to watch sport they want to attend big events.

You promote NRL games as big events then you draw the crowds.

ouwet

Bench

Ah yeah it is! The facilities are substandard!! The food outlets are a joke not much better then canteens at a local RL game, the bathroom was a disgrace!! The seats in the grandstand are so close to each other, I had an overweight male sitting beside me and he took half my bloody seat!! The hill turned to mud in the rain, there was hardly any cover for the rain!
Yeah, you are close to the action; however I'd rather be 10 metres back and in comfort. Penrith Park, Kogarah, Brookvale, Leichhardt and Shark Park are not to a standard any professional team should be playing from and it's no coincidence most sub 10K crowds are from those stadiums!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ah yeah it is! The facilities are substandard!! The food outlets are a joke not much better then canteens at a local RL game, the bathroom was a disgrace!! The seats in the grandstand are so close to each other, I had an overweight male sitting beside me and he took half my bloody seat!! The hill turned to mud in the rain, there was hardly any cover for the rain!
Yeah, you are close to the action; however I'd rather be 10 metres back and in comfort. Penrith Park, Kogarah, Brookvale, Leichhardt and Shark Park are not to a standard any professional team should be playing from and it's no coincidence most sub 10K crowds are from those stadiums!

Don't forget that PA system that if your sitting in the stands deafens you. I like the atmosphere, but I agree with all the other points stated. That stadium is one of the main reasons that the Panthers don't get more to there games. Hard to get families to attend with facilities like that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You lend yourself to the notion you're a bitter, idiotic troll with statements like this.

Brisbane was left out of ANZAC Day because until this year, it fell on a week day for the last 3 or 4 years. As a result the TWO TRADITIONAL clashes which both sets of clubs picked up and ran with were recognised. It's as much about the clubs making it happen as it is about the NRL scheduling it - have Brisbane asked for this before this year? As for future years, I dare say next year when it falls on a Saturday you'll see a similar arrangement to this year, but the second two games being on FOX. No doubt Brisbane will have already played on the Friday.
While this is true, the argument that Brisbane should have had a game (which lets face it, you're making in a veiled sense here) is utterly moronic. We can't just give Brisbane games every weekend to "ensure a good run" - and hell, weren't the Reds already booked in over Easter anyway?

Further, how are we going to give other events/games chance to grow if we just keep defaulting to our friends north of the border? You want the game to grow in NSW with bigger events and crowds? STFU and let it happen.
If you've watched a Storm/Warriors game, you'd know it already happens. While your point is taken - the NZ anthem is wasted on games between two Australian opponents.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't get me started on Penrith. Nice enough to watch from the back of the hill... but that PA... and the ground announcer. Dear oh dear.

DEFENCE ONE SET

ouwet

Bench
Don't forget that PA system that if your sitting in the stands deafens you. I like the atmosphere, but I agree with all the other points stated. That stadium is one of the main reasons that the Panthers don't get more to there games. Hard to get families to attend with facilities like that.

LOL how could I forget the PA system and ground announcer... :lol:
Amateurish...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: Bawwwwwwwlllllllll!!!!!!!!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
then theyd just drop the prices before the game, like in the week leading up to it. and consequently sell out.

Problem with this is they will probably piss off fans that bought before hand at the higher price...

Trick to this is, do the massively reduced prices (or even give some away for free) to fill up the stadium, but limit who they are offered to (junior volunteers, Camp Quality, Make A Wish Foundation, ect).

This give the initiative a nice "feel good" motive that other fans cant get pissy, improves the general NRL brand about and fills the stadium...

oikee

Juniors
Timmah, WHY DONT YOU PULL YOUR f**kIN HEAD IN ABOUT TROLLS.

I AM SICK OF f**kIN HEARING IT.
WHAT ARE YOU GALLOPS COUSIN.
HE WAS A f**kIN IDIOT.

Bets still on with crowds to Anzac day, Broncos will have the best by percentage and size.
The game is on Friday night holiday so it should be a fullhouse or close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts