What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutch

First Grade
Been going to leichhardt my whole life, there is absolutely no way that crowd was sun 10k. My membership pass didn't scan on the way in, maybe they missed a heap of members.

beave

Coach
Yeah it looked more like 12-13k on tv. Ive been there probably about 7-8 times with varying crowd sizes and I was surprised it was announced so low.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yeah it looked more like 12-13k on tv. Ive been there probably about 7-8 times with varying crowd sizes and I was surprised it was announced so low.

the crazy thing about this conspiracy of announcing a smaller crowd is that even if they are lying and it was actually 12k....

12,000 is still SHIT!!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm as much of a fan of LO as anyone, but calling the official crowd figure part of a conspiracy is f**king ridiculous.

Manly's years of incredible form has been wasted on a club like that. Imagine the numbers a Parra or Souths would be delivering if we won as much as them.

H.H

Juniors
So where are we now after 8 rounds....aggregate and average?

And how does that compare with recent years?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I wouldn't be expecting much from the test match, if I were you guys. That team that NZ are gonna be fielding is gonna keep the kiwis far away.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Half the Kiwis will be NSW cup standard. Who is excited about this match? We're going to win by 50.

Crowd will be 25k if lucky.

reanimate

Bench
How do you think Manly would go permanently playing out of the Central Coast???

Also, itd probably be worth making rules that certain teams never host games on weeknights...
Not very well, for the same reason the CC Bears incorporating the North Shore makes no sense- it'd be effectively impossible for the Sydney fanbase to make it to Friday/Monday home games.
I understand that, but you lot barely even travel for finals and that's with the NRL hiring shuttles to games, you have played in 4 grand finals in 7 years, there's either not many of you or your apathetic, either way I think it's about time clubs start demonstrating their value to the competition because if clubs aren't growing the game isn't growing.
The shitty state of Brookvale Oval has had a real flow-on effect when it comes to Manly's crowds- it's tough to ask people to pay nearly $30 to sit on a hill, or more to sit in a dipiladated grandstand, when it's so easy to watch the game on tv. If Brookvale was in a better state, it'd be a far more attractive proposition for people to attend. Have that situation exist for years on end and people become used to not attending, the fans are still there, they just need to be enticed back into attending regularly again- improving Brookvale would go a long, long way towards achieving that.

The North needs fixing, I've said it multiple times before, but it's such a massive issue I can't believe the NRL pays so little attention to it. So much attention is placed on the West, while the North gets ignored time and time again. Making Manly play out of the SFS is not a realistic option and leaving the North Shore as a RL wasteland in limbo without a first grade team is also madness. There needs to be an NRL standard stadium in the North, and the NRL needs to make a call on the CC Bears.

newman

First Grade
I understand that, but you lot barely even travel for finals and that's with the NRL hiring shuttles to games, you have played in 4 grand finals in 7 years, there's either not many of you or your apathetic, either way I think it's about time clubs start demonstrating their value to the competition because if clubs aren't growing the game isn't growing.

I'm as much of a fan of LO as anyone, but calling the official crowd figure part of a conspiracy is f**king ridiculous.

Manly's years of incredible form has been wasted on a club like that. Imagine the numbers a Parra or Souths would be delivering if we won as much as them.

Manly are one of the best clubs in the NRL and you are inferring they need to do better? I wish my club was more like them.

oikee

Juniors
Fans are sick of sitting in the rain, mud, cold and out in the open like vermon in Sydney.
Time to wake up and smell the roses.
I mean how much more can you knuckleheads keep pissing in each others pockets to try and defend this Bullshite.

Time for the 3 Sydney codes to petition the Government and get a decent big stadium built, and then a few of the teams like Manly, Canberra and Cows and NZ need proper stadiums, under cover or enclosed in Canberra's case.

Until that happens, you will keep getting less and less turn up to these crap grounds.
The AFL had 3 billion spent on stadiums and improvements to their game over the last 5 years.
League cant even buy a cover for stands if half have got any stands.

newman

First Grade
Fans are sick of sitting in the rain, mud, cold and out in the open like vermon in Sydney.
I mean how much more can you knuckleheads keep pissing in each others pockets to try and defend this Bullshite.

Time for the 3 Sydney codes to petition the Government and get a decent big stadium built, and then a few of the teams like Manly, Canberra and Cows and NZ need proper stadiums, under cover or enclosed in Canberra's case.

Until that happens, you will keep getting less and less turn up to these crap grounds.
The AFL had 3 billion spent on stadiums and improvements to their game over the last 5 years.

You really are a panic merchant aren't you? Why are you so worked up about a few crappy crowds in the wet?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Forsyth Barr Stadium in NZ is ugly, but great for the weather. It holds 30,748, thats all the warriors need.

If only it wasn't build in Dunedin, could be warriors permanent home.

oikee

Juniors
Forsyth Barr Stadium in NZ is ugly, but great for the weather. It holds 30,748, thats all the warriors need.

If only it wasn't build in Dunedin, could be warriors permanent home.

The NZ government want them to play at Eden Park, out in the cold wet and miles from the action in the middle of winter. Brrrr.
It is like rugby league is being punished by governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts