What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
A decent reflexion of the attractivity of this overplayed test. So tired of seeing Aus-NZ. International league is much "bigger" than just these two teams.

I agree, although scheduling wise it can't happen I would rather see the kangaroos play England more often at the moment. I feel the english are a better side than he kiwis tbh

t-ba

Post Whore
This weekend is what we call a 'momentum killer.'

Crowds finally starting to go up, and BAM a week of no club football, where the most interesting match is two Pacific Island nations going at it, with a lopsided test match and a pointless rep fixture that should be replaced with some kind of country carnival round...

Get ready for 8 weeks of momentum killing Origin drollness...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You can bet your arse Round 9 will attract good crowds. Starving fans of the product seems to work IMO.

RWB

Bench
There's a good chance of some 20k+ crowds in Round 9

Easts Vs Wests; Average since 2005 @ SFS - 17,875
Nth Qld VS Brisbane; Average since 2005 @ Townsville - 22,250
Gold Coast Vs Souths; Average since 2005 @ Robina - 20,137
Melbourne Vs Manly; Average since 2005 @ AAMI Park - 17,178
St George Illawarra Vs Canterbury; Average since 2005 @ ANZ - 24,453

New Zeland have never played Canberrra @ Eden Park but they are averaging over 26,000 there.

insert.pause

First Grade
How about we dont play a random test mid season? Tests should be reserved for the end of the year.

How about we stop making pathetic excuses for why rugby leagues 'heartland' cant fill even half a stadium to watch the best players in the world, and that's with all the free buffet and apparel and cheap family passes.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Should keep this one to regional stadiums.

Perth or Melbourne would also make sense. I'd expect a near 40k crowd for a Four Nations semi or a final of the same fixture in Sydney.

Sydney hasn't had any game between Australia and NZ since 2008, 5 years!

guyver78

Juniors
Sydney hasn't had any game between Australia and NZ since 2008, 5 years!

Test matches in League are a complete mismatch. You have Australia, then the rest. NZ has named a reserve grader at 5/8. Ticket sales so far indicating a crowd of only about 20,00.

I hope it doesn't happen but Australia will win by 60 this friday night.

pHyR3

Juniors
Test matches in League are a complete mismatch. You have Australia, then the rest. NZ has named a reserve grader at 5/8. Ticket sales so far indicating a crowd of only about 20,00.

People predicting enormous blowouts will be proven wrong imo

Australia played amazingly against USA and got the rub of the green and didn't even crack 60. That team had Joel Luani (Farah's backup at the tigers) at starting hooker and Joseph Paulo as their star players.

The NZ team has RTS and Shaun Johnson. We'll probably lose, and convincingly but not by 50+

Canard

Immortal

I don't know why the insist on playing these games in Sydney, you would get a bigger crowd in Townsville, Melbourne, Newcastle or Canberra and it would be treated as far more of an event.

Predicting a 50+ is only going to blow up in people's faces. Although Im guessing instead of giving NZ credit it will be the Australian players and coach's fault.

lockyno1

Post Whore
This will be such a boring weekend to say the least. Will get some movies from Blockbuster or something I guess. The only thing I care about is not whether Australia win, it is whether the Brisbane and QLD players don't get injured. Good luck to the players but I doubt I'll bother watching much of it this week. At least Sunday is Mum's birthday so that is one of the rubbish weekend days out, and I'll probably go to the track on Saturday lol

insert.pause

First Grade

They have been on sale for months, the NZ side named this week is no excuse, the game still features the best players our code offers and people complain because they are too good? You don't hear that about Black Caviar, the All Blacks or the USA Dream Team.

Big Sam

First Grade
Has the ARLC ever thought that this mid-season test is a perfect opportunity to spread the game to places like Perth and Adelaide?

20k looks shite in Sydney but would look fantastic in those two cities.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Has the ARLC ever thought that this mid-season test is a perfect opportunity to spread the game to places like Perth and Adelaide?

20k looks shite in Sydney but would look fantastic in those two cities.

If they had it in Adelaide Oval they would get more because of the current new stadium buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.