What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Dickhead I dont support the gay western sydney giants but the fact is they are a much bigger club than your beloved wankers.

But Crowds from both clubs are pathetic and laughable. They'll never reach the levels what other clubs get to their home games

So much derp in you sir.

GWS a bigger club than WSW lol lol lol

Rocco

Juniors
Now using the little logic you have, was i not correct in saying that your statement was downright delusional?

Are you done trying to deflect attention away from yourself by calling me a WSW fan?

Your a funny guy....:lol::lol::lol:

It's you're, learn some grammar you dickhead.

Last edited:

Rocco

Juniors
Ah now you are trying to deflect away your stupidity by being the grammar police...............:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well played sir well played........i give up you win...:crazy:

Great! Now please, don't let your fellow hooligans trash our stadium like the bulltards supporters do when you lose on Sunday

RedVee

First Grade
that's nice. but who pays the coaches, fitness staff, medical staff, medical bills, rent, electricity, staff wages, uniforms, transport, gym equipment, rehab, physios, trainers, corporate entertainment, etc etc etc etc etc.

in 2009 the Broncos had football related expenses of $10.8M when the salary cap was $4.1M. so even if those extra costs haven't grown, a cap of $6.3M is going to kick that to close to 13 this year and my guess would be it will be out around $15 - 17M. There's $8 - 10M in football only expense that the NRL will not cover.

the Broncos had another $13M in expenses on top of the football expenses, in admin, stadium, tickets and marketing.

it would appear to be serious you need to spend double or a bit more of the salary cap on football expenses to be in the hunt. so if a team can earn itself the salary cap through members and game day they will just about cover their football expenses with that and the NRL grant. then you need to find money for the other things above.

collingwood have a similar ratio. they get about 11 from the AFL and spend another 11 on top of that on footy related expenses. they get 16M from members and 4 from match takings.

corp won't cover all of that so members with seats and other bums on seats are vital.
It is nice.
Btw I responded to your comment that Souths cover the salary cap with their membership funds....

I agree a large and diverse income stream is an advantage to any club.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Current active dickhead: blueandgold

Who supports 2 teams from different sports?

Heck, none of the broncos fans I know support the roar nor even the reds.

You can only support 1 team, cant support another team from another sport because your beloved eels have been unsuccessful in the last 28 years.

I often hear people at Broncos games talking about the Roar and the Reds.

My mates and I will attend all of them, with Origin priority one, Broncos two.

Im attending the A league grand final on Sunday and will have a ripper time.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
They would initially be able to draw higher crowds, but would they be able to keep them. Look at how the Gold Coast has gone - averaged nearly 22k in 2008 but have dropped down to averaging only 14.5k last year

On the flip side look at melbourne, started off at 9k and now over 16k. Well run clubs in big cities will draw crowds.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Sensational point

Perth entering the comp would mean at least 5 more low drawing games in Sydney.

Sadly I don?t think any of these will get to 40k or anywhere near it. The bubble has well and truly burst for the dragons and I can?t see that changing. I think the same will be said of Parra and Tigers in the coming weeks.

Get your own fcking fans and stop relying on other clubs, like every other non Sydney club has to do!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
A decent reflexion of the attractivity of this overplayed test. So tired of seeing Aus-NZ. International league is much "bigger" than just these two teams.

Yeah its very meh. I would definitely go if it were in Brisbane.

But I am much more excited to watch the Wallabies v France.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'd rather NZ win by 50 than GI get injured. I'd say that's the viewpoint of most fans with a key player in this test. Half the first choice Kiwis won't be bothering to show up, it's a one off test. Nobody cares. Sub 20k won't surprise me.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'd rather NZ win by 50 than GI get injured. I'd say that's the viewpoint of most fans with a key player in this test. Half the first choice Kiwis won't be bothering to show up, it's a one off test. Nobody cares. Sub 20k won't surprise me.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.