What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
Like plenty of International Sporting competitions do around the world (i.e. MLS, NBA etc), the NRL should adopt an Eastern & Western conference. 8 teams in each conference, play each other team in the conference twice in a season, then the top 4 from each conference vs. each other come finals time.

SYDNEY Conference
- Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
- Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
- Manly-Warringah Sea-Eagles
- Sydney Roosters
- South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Parramatta Eels
- Penrith Moylans
- Wests Tigers

QLD, MELBOURNE, NEW ZEALAND & GREATER NSW Conference
- St. George Illawarra Dragons
- Canberra Raiders
- Brisbane Broncos
- Gold Goast Titans
- Melbourne Storm
- North Queensland Cowboys
- Newcastle Knights
- New Zealand Warriors

Same amount of games each weekend, yet the season goes for less time. It's a brilliant idea.

Shit idea, we're not America.

If we had over 30 teams ready to to play then you might have a point but playing the same 7 teams every year for the bulk of your season year after year would get boring real quick.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
I went to Petco Stadium on the weekend to watch Padres v Braves in San Diego and the game ticket was quite reasonable ($19). But food and piss put our prices to shame. I paid $12 for a beer, a basic chicken 'sandwich' was $11. I think a soft drink was $10 but it was a bottomless cup. Considering the average wage of a yank, I dont know how they afford to go to many games.

supercharger

Juniors
I went to Petco Stadium on the weekend to watch Padres v Braves in San Diego and the game ticket was quite reasonable ($19). But food and piss put our prices to shame. I paid $12 for a beer, a basic chicken 'sandwich' was $11. I think a soft drink was $10 but it was a bottomless cup. Considering the average wage of a yank, I dont know how they afford to go to many games.

Petco is one of the cheaper stadiums in the States, with tickets starting at $10 and there are vendors like randy jones BBQ where you can get a full sandwich with potato salad, baked beans and a 16-ounce beer for $20. there are also all you can eat seats which range from $27 to $54 also there is the added benefit of having plenty of place to eat and drink before a game with the stadium being near the gaslamp area.

beave

Coach
I love the Gas Lamp district. I only spent 3 days in San Diego but its now my favourite city in the states.

I lost my liver somewhere between the Lucky Bastard and Double Dueces, if you find it can you post it over to Oz, cheers!!!;)

I wish they would have You Can Afford To Eat seats at Suncorp. A family of four, a feed and a beer is equivalent to a night at La Boheme before it heads out to tour the regions (admittedly, the kids don't go the Con). Really.

supercharger

Juniors
I wish they would have You Can Afford To Eat seats at Suncorp. A family of four, a feed and a beer is equivalent to a night at La Boheme before it heads out to tour the regions (admittedly, the kids don't go the Con). Really.

I still think it would be interesting to see a fan cost index, to track the cost of attendance for a family of four.
FCI would include
Two adult average price tickets
Two child average price tickets
Four small soft drinks
Two small beers
Four hot dogs
Two programs
Parking
Two adult-size caps

supercharger

Juniors
I'll give it a go for Suncorp, using Blue Cat (the third category) tickets:

- Family ticket (1a + 1c) = $59.13
- Family ticket (1a + 1c) = $59.13
- Soft drink x 4 = $20.00
- Beer x 2 = $14.40
- Hot dog x 4 = $22.40
- Big League x 2 = $10.00
- Parking / transport = Free
- Caps x 2 = $40.00

TOTAL = $225.06

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BRON2214
https://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/Event_Info/2014_Food_and_Beverage_Price_List.aspx
Mahalo

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sure...put it on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm then! Defies any logic that this game is Friday...:crazy:

Lame, very lame. It's 1v2 ffs, if ever a reason to get away from work on a Friday on time this is it. The fact this game can't get35k plus to it is indicative of the uphill struggles the NRL has got to break a 20k crowd avg. other codes have no problems getting 30k plus for one home town team with no away fans.

Lame, very lame. It's 1v2 ffs, if ever a reason to get away from work on a Friday on time this is it. The fact this game can't get35k plus to it is indicative of the uphill struggles the NRL has got to break a 20k crowd avg. other codes have no problems getting 30k plus for one home town team with no away fans.

1 vs 2, no excuses to not attend. I don't get the hate for night games being a cows fan I'm used to it and can get to the game fine. If anything, this 1 vs2 game shows how weak a 'heartland' nsw is can't get off the couch for 1 vs 2 but easily attend a swans game to 36k on a Friday. :lol::

Wouldn't be surprised if broncos out drew 1 vs 2. :oops:
qld the true heartland of rugby league.

ag6858

Juniors
I still think it would be interesting to see a fan cost index, to track the cost of attendance for a family of four.
FCI would include
Two adult average price tickets
Two child average price tickets
Four small soft drinks
Two small beers
Four hot dogs
Two programs
Parking
Two adult-size caps

Pretty big exaggeration though. Kids wouldn't drink two soft drinks each or adults wouldn't drink both a soft drink and a beer, people wouldn't buy two programs, one is enough for a group; and I don't see why people would feel the need to buy caps every game.

BunniesMan

Immortal
People sooking about the SCG are idiots. Yes front row at the 50m line is further away than ANZ but the upper tiers are so far away at ANZ, the steeper incline at the SCG means you go up a level and you're further away.

Souths v Manly will get a great crowd of 25k or so.

lockyno1

Post Whore

You try getting anywhere by 7:30 on a Friday night leaving work at 6. Impossible in Sydney. Any other night and I would probably go.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kick off is 7.45pm, that's an hour and 45mins. Where do you work, Canberra?

I'm in the city, about to set off for a leisurely 2 1/2 pub crawl to the ground! :)

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Kick off is 7.45pm, that's an hour and 45mins. Where do you work, Canberra?

I'm in the city, about to set off for a leisurely 2 1/2 pub crawl to the ground! :)

1 v 2 at a not so perfect venue for RL but an iconic ground all the same. You make it happen (getting there for kickoff), no excuses, fans have known this clash is coming up, you arrange to leave work earlier etc. Should be no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts