What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercharger

Juniors
Pretty big exaggeration though. Kids wouldn't drink two soft drinks each or adults wouldn't drink both a soft drink and a beer, people wouldn't buy two programs, one is enough for a group; and I don't see why people would feel the need to buy caps every game.

Yeah I understand that and there are a lot of fans who will eat before the game, sit in the cheap seats and skip the souvenirs and of course no one is buying a new hat every time they attend a game. However, I feel the FCI is very accurate and does exactly what an economic data survey is supposed to do... represent the market on an "even" playing field.

Instead of taking the dollar values listed in the FCI as hard amounts, the survey is meant to direct the consumer in trends and comparisons. This means that if you wanted to see how the prices from one team compares to another using a comparable basket of goods, this project gives you the tool to do so. In addition, if you wanted to build an "inflation" project to determine if your local team's prices are advancing faster than the local inflation rate, this tool is perfect.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Where has the build up been for tonight? Severely lacking

It's been a disgrace and virtually non existent. Starting with the Today Show, I watched 3 half hourly news/sports segments and twice AFL was the lead story on their match tonight, and the other was Robbie Farah. No mention of tonight's game. On the channel nine national afternoon news AFL was the lead story, again on the MCG match tonight. Second was Farah then on Sharks away match in NZ with brief mention tonite's games on nine.

This is an outright disgrace from the national broadcaster of our game and why they are allowed to get away with this is mindboggling. Does Gyngell not even watch his own station? Doesn't the station want to boost ratings for tonight's games by mentioning them, build up etc.

Channel 7 integrate many shows mentioning AFL. How Nine keep in business amazes me.

Brutus

Referee
Robbie Farah should attract the biggest crowd of the weekend.

He's had more media attention than all of the games put together.

A disgrace.

Looks like the top deck of the bradman/noble stand isn't open tonight at the SCG.

Top of table clash should have top crowds, 1 vs 2 and still empty seats. If league fans don't show up to this, then what do they show up for seriously. Only in rl, it's a struggle to get fans to attend the frigging 1 vs 2. :roll:

thorson1987

Coach
Top of table clash should have top crowds, 1 vs 2 and still empty seats. If league fans don't show up to this, then what do they show up for seriously. Only in rl, it's a struggle to get fans to attend the frigging 1 vs 2. :roll:

Broken_record2.jpg

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Crowd at the scg is better than i expected tbh. Looks and sounds like 90% bunnies fans though.

Very hard to judge numbers would not be 25-30k?

cleary89

Coach
Yeh that end under the trumper is packed. Members and ladies good, and the level 2 of the new members stand is decent. Shame the bradman 'hill' is empty as it's right in the view of cameras. Also the oreilly is fairly empty, surprising as it's one of the best spots to watch a game at the scg at night.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Its not a bad crowd.

Realistically not too many scg members are going to be south's or manly fans

So that explains the empty top deck

Would be nice if they put a few people in the dally messenger terrace

But its only 25 at most IMHO

cleary89

Coach
They rarely open the top deck of the members, the 2 swans game I went to at the start of the season they didn't. They didn't open it for the big bash either.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Probably could of put a roof on the sfs with the cost of that spoiler at the scg

But when the chairman of the scg is a president of an afl team. ??? This happens

BunniesMan

Immortal
27062 is a brilliant crowd at the SCG.
28,344 in Brisbane is below average for the caliber of opposition.
They rarely open the top deck of the members, the 2 swans game I went to at the start of the season they didn't. They didn't open it for the big bash either.

That's just not true. The top level is open for almost every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts