What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHyR3

Juniors
Solid crowd at the SCG, transport theres not too great from memory i suspect it woulda broken 30k at ANZ which woulda been great.

28k alright at Suncorp. What happened there brissy fans? poor promotion, expensive tickets?

Should be on track for a good round imo

insert.pause

First Grade
SCG should have been min 30k but NRL don't seem to be doing much to promote games lately.

Broncos have been quiet all week and ekka started today which would have kept some away.

footy75

Bench
They rarely open the top deck of the members, the 2 swans game I went to at the start of the season they didn't. They didn't open it for the big bash either.

swans games at the scg look pretty full to me..never seen areas not opened.

why so few manly fans tonight..they are on top.. u think their fans would come out in numbers. And wow it was a great game.

hutch

First Grade
1 vs 2 got outdrawn by a broncos vs doggies on losses. If any crowd is 'below average for calibre of opposition' is 1 vs 2.

You're kidding. 28k for the only team in a city of 2 million where rugby league is the major sport is poor. Brisbanes crowds in general for a team of their size are poor. This is not an anti qld tirade, it's the truth.

insert.pause

First Grade
swans games at the scg look pretty full to me..never seen areas not opened.

why so few manly fans tonight..they are on top.. u think their fans would come out in numbers. And wow it was a great game.

They only travel for grand finals and even then it's a struggle.

cleary89

Coach
just checked back. It's been open every game, even when they got 25k v north, 25k v freo and 27k v gws. Was fairly empty on all 3 though.

insert.pause

First Grade
you're kidding. 28k for the only team in a city of 2 million where rugby league is the major sport is poor. Brisbanes crowds in general for a team of their size are poor. This is not an anti qld tirade, it's the truth.

fta tv and Friday nights.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
That is one of the great false assumptions. Bronco crowds on Sunday afternoon a have been consistently rubbish

I've got to agree. More kids may come out but the Friday nite drinkers/after work crowd disappear. Crowds should be better but could be down to people just used to Broncos & Friday nite.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I agree, FTA tv and Friday nights are not great for crowds. Give Broncos Sunday Arvo's and the ave for Broncos would be much larger.

Sunday afternoon games in Brisbane is f**king stupid. All junior rugby league is played on Sundays now in Brisbane, Saturday afternoons would get the largest crowds imo.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I don't know what you lot base your expectations on.

These are the H&A crowds Souths v Manly that were bigger than tonight, at any ground (they just all happen to be at the SCG):

R7 S.C.G.44911 08-May-1971
R17 S.C.G.27130 20-Jul-1968
R6 S.C.G.30283 27-Apr-1968
R22 S.C.G.33506 22-Aug-1970

So tonight's crowd is the fifth (almost fourth) highest out of 121 games since WWII, ie. in the top 5%, the highest in the last 40 years and probably a good 10k higher than the last 10-15 years average.

And it is barely a pass mark?

Too many dreams in this thread, not enough reality.

HHH

Juniors
went to tonights games as neutral at the SCG and loved it

anyone complaining of the view at the ground or the traffic is just a whinger who wouldn't turn up if it was a free ticket to Suncorp for a deciding origin game

People just need to make the effort

cleary89

Coach
Had my 4 tickets in the members, (plus my 2 free players cards) didn't bother going. Been to 3 saints games there and it's a shit view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts