What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LineBall

Juniors
Understandable for Monday night but for friday/Saturday should be one a least. I got no problem with night games is the league community afraid of the dark as the rest of world sport do well at night.

Yes mate. I agree. But I think only one game on Friday night and One game on Saturday night is enough. More than that tends to hurt crowd numbers. I'd also like to think that the night games in Sydney would always feature two Sydney teams to maximise the crowd as well.

Monday football should be reserved for when Monday is a Public holiday - and played in the afternoon, not at night, as per Easter Monday.

guyver78

Juniors
Apparently Ticket sales for the Rabbitohs v Broncos game have been poor to virtually non-existent...
Looks like we're looking at about 12K at best for Thursday night...

Brutus

Referee
Apparently Ticket sales for the Rabbitohs v Broncos game have been poor to virtually non-existent...
Looks like we're looking at about 12K at best for Thursday night...

Shocking time to play the game. Probably won't start til 8pm.

The NRL doesn't deserve any more than 10k.

LineBall

Juniors
Shocking time to play the game. Probably won't start til 8pm.

The NRL doesn't deserve any more than 10k.

Thursday nights should only be considered if Friday is a public holiday. Even then, I would probably prefer a Friday afternoon game and a Friday Night Game.

Galeforce

Bench
127337-8b068ce6-21f3-11e4-9066-0beb7f687196.jpg
[/QUOTE]

These average crowd figures by day/night are a Terrible Analysis and if this is what our NRL leaders or NRL Analysts use to make decisions/opinions , WOE WOE WOE.

e.g. most important considerations are the grounds and time of the season.
e.g. Round 1 clash of Roosters vs Souths is a HUGE clash . The 27000 average thursday night which includes this game is BAD BAD BAD . This would have been a > 37000 on a Saturday day/night or Sunday. First clash of the season. Playing this on a Thursday was a MINUS 10000, this is how it should be measured. If a Thursday game was played at Shark Park first round, any
crowd figure below/above the AVERAGE Sunday/Saturday crowd should be the measure.

I believe Thursday night is worse than a Monday night crowd at the ANZ Stadium. More traffic and thursday night shopping.

The Souths vs Brisbane game on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon would have pulled >35000 .
Monday night lucky to pull >20000. Lets see how this thursday goes , i expect much less than 20000 . I will be there though.

Diesel

Referee
Fox won't give up MNF, ratings wise it's too good for them.
The Friday night & Saturday night games are more of a concern than Monday figures IMO.
Does only Channel 9 think 2 Friday night games work and that the Broncos are a draw?

juro

Bench
Doing my comparison of games again (see http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...postcount=2019).

Round 22 (126k) was 5k down on the average of the equivalent games from 2009-2013 (130k). This is in line with the average gap for this round over the last 4 years (ranging from -16k in 2012 to +12k in 2010).

crowd_2014_22.png

The biggest gap was actually a positive, though. Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles was +10k on average. Thankfully, a game of 1st vs 2nd got a crowd that it deserved. Shame it wasn't on a Sunday. This was the biggest crowd for this fixture since 1971.

Out of the 8 games, 5 were negatives:
- Knights vs Storm -4k
- Roosters vs Titans -4k
- Cowboys vs Wests Tigers -4k (lowest crowd for this fixture since 2004)
- Eels vs Raiders -4k (lowest crowd for this fixture since 1993) (shame this game was held in Darwin)
- Warriors vs Sharks -1k

The 2 other positive games were:
- Dragons vs Panthers +1k
- Broncos vs Bulldogs +1k

Next week's par crowd total is 121k, but I think we will struggle to get that.

My guesses are:
- Rabbitohs vs Broncos 15k
- Eels vs Bulldogs 23k
- Raiders vs Dragons 12k
- Storm vs Sharks 14k
- Wests Tigers vs Roosters 11k
- Knights vs Warriors 12k
- Titans vs Sea Eagles 13k
- Panthers vs Cowboys 8k
Total: 108k

Diesel

Referee
Where the Eels playing this week? Knights v Warriors on a Sunday arvo would push a lot higher than 12K IMO, I'd be thinking around 17K. Hopefully the Rabbits game could push 18K but I have my doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts