What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
Guys, it's because Broncos fans don't know what a Thursday night is; great effort from Souths supporters.

Guys, it's because Broncos fans don't know what a Thursday night is; great effort from Souths supporters.

This. Picked the kids up from school, did their homework with them, had dinner, put them to bed. Had a nagging feeling in my head. Aren't I meant to be popping onto a plane tonight, sneaking down to Sydney, catching the game, and getting back in time for brekky? Drats. I forgot. Briefly considered driving to the game, but then I got all Joe Hockey and started considering the price of petrol. If only I had got my shit together ahead of time and known what a Thursday night was I could've planned my week a touch better.

:sarcasm:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Again for the umpteenth time vast majority of clubs only have 10-15k home fans. Anything more is usually away fans boosted.

As a Souths supporter who attended the match, I agree that it was a disappointing crowd.

However, I certainly understand why some families with kids would not attend considering the late finish and the fact it's a school day tomorrow.

However no doubt that the tv ratings will be huge and that's all they seem to care about when scheduling matches.

Interestingly enough it was only the second time we have played the Broncos in Sydney since 2006.

Brutus

Referee
There was a distinct lack of kids and families at the game last night. The whole thing was a disgrace. Nothing worthwhile before the game to interest fans. No Holden Cup. The night just dragged on for Channel 9's sake until kick-off at 7.55pm.

The NRL wants big crowds yet they serve up this bullshit on a friggin Thursday night.

What a joke.

Less than 15k.......I honestly expected closer to 10k.

Thursday nights don't work when people have to get there after work and there is work/school the next day

I hope the last 3 Thursday games get terrible crowds so they never happen again

BuffaloRules

Coach
Less than 15k.......I honestly expected closer to 10k.

Thursday nights don't work when people have to get there after work and there is work/school the next day

I hope the last 3 Thursday games get terrible crowds so they never happen again

Nine has it in their contract that there are 4 Thursday games a year.

I don't think they care how big the crowd is.

In 2014 anyway

Look how far the crowds have dropped since origin this year. 3,000 people at the SFS on Monday night...woeful

I don't know the answer but shit we have a problem. Can't think of many other comps in the world that put their flagship product on cruise mode for 7-8 weeks a year. What the actual f**k

Make the season shorter and play origin between the end of regular season and the finals

Gives the top 8 teams time for their squads to get fit. Also allows the anticipation to build for finals football

Origin players might get injured you say? Well that they might...so I propose origin is played in touch footy format :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts