What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
lets be fair dinkum, eels v bulldogs should be 40k+, anything short of at least 30k is embarrassing.

Are you fairdinkum??

Their combined home crowd average is 33k. If they get to that mark, they have done a great job.
There has been exactly 1 crowd in Sydney higher than 25k for Friday night football this season, and that was the 'event game' at the SCG between Souths and Manly.

When the 2 teams met earlier this season, there were 24k in attendance. That was 3pm on a Sunday.

If it makes 24k, they have done well. Anything higher is very good.

LineBall

Juniors
Are you fairdinkum??

Their combined home crowd average is 33k. If they get to that mark, they have done a great job.
There has been exactly 1 crowd in Sydney higher than 25k for Friday night football this season, and that was the 'event game' at the SCG between Souths and Manly.

When the 2 teams met earlier this season, there were 24k in attendance. That was 3pm on a Sunday.

Exactly - bit of reality check needed methinks.

papabear

Juniors
I just think given the importance of the match.

Also given the rivalry and a decent amount of parra fans showing up, you could see the match nudge 25k, the earlier match was during origin time.

Also I think there is a bit of a buzz about this game.

insert.pause

First Grade
Are you fairdinkum??

Did you notice the word should italicised?

They are two of the biggest clubs in the competition both vying for a spot in the finals and we should be satisfied with their average attendance, which alone should be better than it is?

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Does anyone know with the current TV deal if 9 can decide to change from 2 Friday night games to (say) Sunday night if they feel the 2nd game isn't rating as well as it could? A move from a Friday to a Sunday could have a positive effect

franklin2323

Immortal
Does anyone know with the current TV deal if 9 can decide to change from 2 Friday night games to (say) Sunday night if they feel the 2nd game isn't rating as well as it could? A move from a Friday to a Sunday could have a positive effect

9 have no idea about much. They were too stupid to milk to Souths v Bulldogs into news and Broncos on Good Friday.

They are set in their ways they still think it's 1994

Perth Red

Post Whore

I'm sure if the NRL and ch9 agree they can move anything anywhere. They won;t though as they have no idea, dropping ratings for delayed games still hasn't taught them anything, fans frustrations at seeing Brisbane every friday has taught them nothing, people switching off due to the poor excuse for commentators and amateur presentation of the game hasn't taught them anything. They are a classic example of a dinosaur organisation that will be left behind in the next couple of decades.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Did you notice the word should italicised?

They are two of the biggest clubs in the competition both vying for a spot in the finals and we should be satisfied with their average attendance, which alone should be better than it is?

I certainly noticed it.

Did you have some evidence as to why they SHOULD get 40k? There hasn't been a Friday night football game in Sydney that has ever had a 40k crowd.

Enlighten us as to why this SHOULD be the one?

They should get 25k. There is the potential for 30k+. Anything approaching 40k will be amazing.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I will add that I think the crowd tomorrow night will be well into the 30,000s - I'm just trying to point out that is a success, not a failure.

We all want to see (and be part of) bigger crowds, but lets not criticize the crowds that are doing well in order to try and make that point.

insert.pause

First Grade
I certainly noticed it.

Did you have some evidence as to why they SHOULD get 40k? There hasn't been a Friday night football game in Sydney that has ever had a 40k crowd.

Enlighten us as to why this SHOULD be the one?

They should get 25k. There is the potential for 30k+. Anything approaching 40k will be amazing.

Should implies it was a normative statement and for the reasons I have already said.

The reality that it will be lucky to get 25k doesn't mean we should be satisfied with it.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Should implies it was a normative statement and for the reasons I have already said.

The reality that it will be lucky to get 25k doesn't mean we should be satisfied with it.

All it implies is that you have unrealistic expectations, and a lack of understanding as to where the crowds are currently at.

It would be nice for the clash to average 40k down the track (let's build towards it?). But it is silly to say it would be an 'embarrassment' if it drew the largest Friday Night football crowd of the year in Sydney.

I think the sales are into tier 4 already - so it might well be a 30k+ (which would be a great result)

Perth Red

Post Whore
For where crowds are at anything over 25k is excellent, anything 15-20k is good anything under 15k is poor and anything under 10k is shthouse and unacceptable. Crowds are dropping for majority of clubs for two years now so we have to be a realistic of just how popular NRl currently is with paying punters.

insert.pause

First Grade
All it implies is that you have unrealistic expectations, and a lack of understanding as to where the crowds are currently at.

It would be nice for the clash to average 40k down the track (let's build towards it?). But it is silly to say it would be an 'embarrassment' if it drew the largest Friday Night football crowd of the year in Sydney.

I think the sales are into tier 4 already - so it might well be a 30k+ (which would be a great result)
There is nothing unrealistic about it, its a big game between traditional rivals in city of over 4 million people on a night with no other competition, anything below 30k is embarrassing for clubs of their standing and current positions. I stand by that.

Just like getting less then 30k at the SCG for 1 v 2 was nothing to be proud of.

Claiming a crowd is good because its all relative to where crowds are atm is ridiculous when everyone in the game concedes where crowds are is not good enough.

guyver78

Juniors
Tickets to games like tonight or last Monday (Sydney team vs Out of town team on a Thursday/Monday night) should be discounted by 70%.

Season ticket holders and members such as myself really couldn't care less if people are picking up Cat 1 reserved seats for $10 on the day, we just want a good atmosphere.

Tickets to games like tonight or last Monday (Sydney team vs Out of town team on a Thursday/Monday night) should be discounted by 70%.

Season ticket holders and members such as myself really couldn't care less if people are picking up Cat 1 reserved seats for $10 on the day, we just want a good atmosphere.

How about supporters show up no matter the opposition. The opposition is a weak excuse to not attend in particular if team is in top 8/4. You show up for your team not the opposition imo.

oldmancraigy

Coach
There is nothing unrealistic about it, its a big game between traditional rivals in city of over 4 million people on a night with no other competition, anything below 30k is embarrassing for clubs of their standing and current positions. I stand by that.

Just like getting less then 30k at the SCG for 1 v 2 was nothing to be proud of.

Claiming a crowd is good because its all relative to where crowds are atm is ridiculous when everyone in the game concedes where crowds are is not good enough.

Which Friday night game has had 30k??

What is the highest eels dogs regular season crowd??

Are you not living in your mind????

I agree, crowds are not good enougj. If this game gets around the avg 15.8k, then i will fart vocally as loudly as you have been. If it doubles the average then well done. Especially as one team involved is below average in terms of crowds.

Brutus

Referee
Great pre-game entertainment here at ANZ Stadium. A bunch of security guards standing on the field and ads playing on the big screen.

No 20's. What a joke.

Diesel

Referee

I agree that Thursday/Monday games should be reduced however...

It's piss poor when a so-called heartland has to reduce tickets because they're not playing a team from the same city, for that excuse then tickets in Townsville, Brisbane, GC, Newcastle, Auckland, Canberra & Melbourne games should be heavily discounted yet they're not. Sydney fans are spoiled for choice, what it comes down to. Sydney teams can play more than 6 games "away" while still being in the same city.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts