What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

POPEYE

Coach
Origin is a sin . . . dear Lord save us, remove it from the general population and send it to rehab

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
When the Fridays were at their salary cap dodging pomp they used to bring a lot of fans to away games be they rednecks from Queensland haunting Sydney for a couple of days or NSW turncoats who had jumped on their bandwagon. You don't see as many at away games anymore, and you hardly saw one last night, it was pretty much an all souths crowd, which is probably the scariest sight in the Southern Hemisphere.

Include everything else that is wrong with Thursdays they are also poison for travelling fans.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Make the season shorter and play origin between the end of regular season and the finals

Gives the top 8 teams time for their squads to get fit. Also allows the anticipation to build for finals football

Origin players might get injured you say? Well that they might...so I propose origin is played in touch footy format :)

Playing Origin at that time is the worst possible option. Let's get excited for the finals qualifications race......and then take a three week break while the best players (the majority of which will come from the top 8 sides) bash each other into oblivion and then have to pick themselves up for the finals.

No thanks.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Its not as complicated as you all think, The average rugby league supporter doesnt make much money so with ticket prices, parking and food and drinks going up you can see why less are going, Not to mention the cost of living going up too which would surely have an affect on them as well.

Western_Eel

Juniors
The cost and timing doesnt bother me.

The main reason i stopped going to games is because they stopped serving full strength beers and stopped serving in the second half, that really gives me the shits.

I also hate waiting in the line for 10-15mins and the filthy toilets

I paid $530 for a family membership but have only gone to 3 games this year, Its just too much of a hassle and dont get much out of it.

Food and drink excuse is a bad one. It's a 80 min game how many drinks is needed in that time. Goldilocks mentality of league it's seem they ony got if the following occur in 'heartland'
a) winning team
b) daytime
c) full strength beer and reasonable food
d) against Sydney team
e) cheap ticket prices
f) fine weather and not too cold but it's a winter sport
g) no weekday football

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I stand by this... beer strength or price is one of THE single most pissweak reasons for not attending.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I stand by this... beer strength or price is one of THE single most pissweak reasons for not attending.

Hardly. It is meant to be an experience/event. Australian's like to have a beer or two...we don't like watered down rubbish. How hard is it for the RSA's to DO THEIR JOB!

T.S Quint

Coach
The cost and timing doesnt bother me.

The main reason i stopped going to games is because they stopped serving full strength beers and stopped serving in the second half, that really gives me the shits.

I also hate waiting in the line for 10-15mins and the filthy toilets

I paid $530 for a family membership but have only gone to 3 games this year, Its just too much of a hassle and dont get much out of it.

Are you an alcoholic or something ?

LineBall

Juniors
Hardly. It is meant to be an experience/event. Australian's like to have a beer or two...we don't like watered down rubbish. How hard is it for the RSA's to DO THEIR JOB!

So you need to have your perceptions altered to enjoy the football better?

lockyno1

Post Whore
So you need to have your perceptions altered to enjoy the football better?

I go to the games with mates. I like to have a beer or two before the game with them. You try asking people to the game when there is watered down rubbish. Their answer "lets just get a slab and watch it at home". Fair enough too, don't blame them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I go to the games with mates. I like to have a beer or two before the game with them. You try asking people to the game when there is watered down rubbish. Their answer "lets just get a slab and watch it at home". Fair enough too, don't blame them.

Don't pretend you've got friends.

cleary89

Coach
We want to turn our block busters into events, yet we dont allow full strength beer and stop selling it 10 mins into the second half. 4 mates and i actually left a trial game this year when they ran out of beer at half time and went to the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.