What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Poor crowds from knights and titans.
Was at the titans game today, looked more than 11k. I got my ticket on friday and the pax was 14.4k then, so dunno what happened.

Just checked mine. 14.7 and bought on Saturday afternoon. That ground is terrible for afternoon footy on the Eastern side. I'll never sit there again.

RWB

Bench
The sooner manly/roosters decline the better. There time up top at top saw little crowd growth in that time compared to a parra/bulldogs/broncos in the same scenario. A strong Cowboys will boost crowds more ever than manly/rooster will ever do.

I thought people in Nth QLD were broke?

At least that was the tune you were singing last week.

Canard

Immortal
I thought people in Nth QLD were broke?

At least that was the tune you were singing last week.

The guy is the Bunniesman of Cowboys supporters.

And like BM he is really some Doggies or Eels fan with a appetite for trolling.

Poor crowds from knights and titans.
Was at the titans game today, looked more than 11k. I got my ticket on friday and the pax was 14.4k then, so dunno what happened.

Well, I was there again today. And i don't mind the eastern stand. Love a bit of sun in the afternoon. Anyway, don't let it be said that SEQ fans won't go to see a non-Broncs team play.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Now that the swans are first in afl.

Wondering which days RL will actually be allowed to use anz in week 1 and 3 of finals.

It doesn't matter where the Swans are coming, the NRL always has first rights to ANZ stadium. Let's just hope they don't f**k it up again like last year by holding stupid double headers.

Not that it will matter, there will probably be 2 week 1 finals max in Sydney this year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Now that the swans are first in afl.

Wondering which days RL will actually be allowed to use anz in week 1 and 3 of finals.

The AFL is a week ahead remember. There are only 2 rounds left in the AFL. There are 3 in the NRL. There are NO games scheduled at ANZ in the NRL in round 26, therefore the Swans first final will be fine at ANZ. The issue could be the prelim final but lets assume that the ladder remains the same, only Manly would play there, so they can easily do a NRL one night, AFL the next, or vice versa.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tonight's crowd at the Panthers vs Cowboys match could be a new season low. Absolutely pissing down here in Penrith, and in ideal conditions a Monday night game against the Cowboys wouldn't draw a big crowd.

Such a shame that weather could ruin what could have been a good attacking game of footy. Panthers haven't scored too many points in the wet this year. Our worst loss was in similar conditions against the Souths.

edit
We only scored 2 points through a penalty goal in that match, and we spent large periods of the game in decent field position.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
It's 7.30 at night. Most people my age I know use it as a place to go for "pre's" before heading out. Watch the footy, have a few beers then head out into the city.
It's one of the reasons ANZ is so shit. Have to spend 45 minutes on a train to get anyway after having a few beers.
Much better night out drinking full strength at the swans then pub crawl around pado rather than trying to get to homebush, drink shitty midstrength then take 45 minutes to get anywhere.

You are flogging a dead horse mate. For what it’s worth I completely agree with you but a good portion of the people on here are hardcore fans who go to games with their sports ears noting the stats of key players and don’t say a word to the people they are attending the game with.

Some people just don’t get the social atmosphere that live sports can offer up and decent priced/quality beer is part of that. Go to a sharks game and tell the majority of them it isn’t a social event and that you will only offer half strength beer and their crowds will half.

Oh come off it. Rain is always a problem, clubs still get crowds in the rain if they have a hardy fanbase. The Roosters' is ridiculously small.

Yep it’s the roosters fault the crowd at leichardt was poor.

timka4

Bench
Just checked mine. 14.7 and bought on Saturday afternoon. That ground is terrible for afternoon footy on the Eastern side. I'll never sit there again.

Yeah the sun is pretty full on there, I sit on the southern stand now, cheaper tickets for me (uni student). You get sun coming from the side but it's better than the eastern in terms of sun exposure. Sun was gone just before halftime where I was too so I was pretty happy.

ouwet

Bench
Tonight's crowd at the Panthers vs Cowboys match could be a new season low. Absolutely pissing down here in Penrith, and in ideal conditions a Monday night game against the Cowboys wouldn't draw a big crowd.

Such a shame that weather could ruin what could have been a good attacking game of footy. Panthers haven't scored too many points in the wet this year. Our worst loss was in similar conditions against the Souths.

edit
We only scored 2 points through a penalty goal in that match, and we spent large periods of the game in decent field position.

Such a shame about the weather and this game is on a Monday night!

Really looking forward to this game, if it was on the weekend, I would've travelled to Penrith (Neutral, don't support either team).

mxlegend99

Referee
Rain is easing up at the moment. But it did piss down for a while and the ground will be in poor condition by kick off with the Under 20s before hand. Really expecting an ugly game of footy tonight. I swear we get the worst timed home games. Seem to have shitty weather in a good portion of them. since our last home game we have had some beautiful weekends and now we're back at Centrebet the weather is shit.

DIOGENES

Juniors
104,237 @ 13,029 for the round
Comparisons after 23 rounds
2014 2,652,793 @ 15,790
2013 2,626,366 @ 15,633
2012 (record) 2,710,572 @ 16,134

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Ridiculous that Penrith have been held back from building crowd momentum by the ludicrous schedule they have this year.

thorson1987

Coach
Ridiculous that Penrith have been held back from building crowd momentum by the ludicrous schedule they have this year.

Won't get much better next Monday if the weather stays the same.

Melbourne on a Monday night. And if the weather is anything like today I won't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts