What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a season ticket holder at Parra and my seats are out in the rain - you might have 1-2 games rain impacted if you are unlucky.

In saying that, you probably would have got between 8-10K on a afternoon game, even with the rain.

Brutus

Referee
The Wests crowd looked bigger than the massively fudged Gold Coast Suns fumbleball game yesterday. The Suns crowd was no more than 3,000 yet over 10,000 was posted.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What can be done about leichardt. It needs more games to justify an upgrade but I can't see any potential Co tenants and iy would be harmful to the club to increase games there with all the internal bickering.

Should bit just be consigned to the history books as a first grade ground?

Brutus

Referee
What can be done about leichardt. It needs more games to justify an upgrade but I can't see any potential Co tenants and iy would be harmful to the club to increase games there with all the internal bickering.

Should bit just be consigned to the history books as a first grade ground?

Just play games on a Sunday there. Rain will kill a crowd at anytime, but Sunday only is the time for Leichhardt.

oikee

Juniors
The NRL,,,,,to be honest all our 3 codes that use these grounds, mainly the NRL because of the nine teams in and around Sydney, are stuck between a rock and a hard-place.
The lack of government support for rectangle world-class stadium has left the NRL with mud-pits, awful suburban grounds in hard to get places.

Now they are trying to force these little backyard suburban teams into a giant 83 thousand white elephant.
Gus today was complaining about the lack of sight the games management have, well he can add marketing and stadiums issues to all that.
Our code needs a 50 thousand purpose built stadium for our code, now, not little 10 million handouts for a toilet block here or there, they need 300 million for a new mega stadium or you will be complaining like you re now in 5 years time.

Just play games on a Sunday there. Rain will kill a crowd at anytime, but Sunday only is the time for Leichhardt.

Why should they get preference over other teams for Sunday games? If they can't draw a decent crowd on any given day then they should lose the right to host an NRL game. It's simple. Even teams like the raiders, cowboys and storm can draw 8-9k in much much worse weather throughout the season.

oikee

Juniors
The NRL is the cause of most of these problems.
The refs allowed the grub to be a grub to a point where he became more than a grub.
They change rules that have damaged the code.
The lack of stadium improvements at grounds like Manly, Canberra and Tigers is now causing loss of support.
Rain and cold will kill your crowds every time.
The only place where the code does not need a roof or enclosure is Queensland.

They want to get rid of the video ref but look to introduce more rules to invite more video ref decisions.

Bring in the captains challenge which will get rid of the video refs for every decision.
Why is the code so slow to introduce this idea, it has now been sitting in the under 20's for 4 years.

Anyhow, onward and upward, the Roosters and Manly will grow the game.
While major cities of millions look on.

beave

Coach
We get it, you hate Manly.

You would have to be one of the most annoying f**king posters on this website at the moment.

It could have been worst for the Tigers - it would have been 3000 at Campbelltown based on their previous crowds.

The rain is one thing but there is a lot of other reasons why fans didn't turn up for 2 Sydney teams (one won the premiership last year by the way)

gallagher

Juniors
This!! A full house at a suburban stadium and we all say how great it is for league and how soulless the big stadiums are.

Not all of us. Any game that gets19k to Leichhardt would get 30k at Homebush. We've been everaging higher crowds at Homebush compared to LO and Cambo since weve played there. Hopefully the dreadful crowds at those ridiculous grounds and the NRL taking control of the club will see them finally banished to the history books.

Embarrassing crowd poor weather or not. 2 Sydney teams and only 5k at a suburban ground makes rl look like a pub sport instead of a billion dollar professional sport.

I was there last night exposed in the rain for an hour and a half. Brollies were useless and couldn't blame people for staying home. I was wondering what I was doing there myself. Looked less than 5k BTW but I'm a poor judge of crowds.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Eels ave 18.9k after this round, imagine we brought the games vs souths to ANZ and imagine us with a Melbourne or Manly like decade..................oh the possibility's...;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Game vs Souths to ANZ? It got 15k and that fixture has had rubbish crowds at ANZ for years. Right decision to leave it where it was.

Burns

First Grade
Looking might average at Hunter. The rain from last night stopped, perfect conditions to play in but I think we'll end up with 12-14000 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts