What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Time to kick out the Titans and bring in a 2nd Parra team,we will be like Manchester City and Manchester United.

Parramatta Eels and Parramatta Economists

Titans need to put a Clive Palmer crowd cap on at Robina. :)

That said, the Suns would set pretty quickly were they to play on a Monday night under these circumstances.

I'm starting to agree with the assessment that GC is AFL country now.

So back in the 00's Brisbane was AFL country with Lions outdrawing the Broncos by that logic or Sydney being AFL country with Swans outdrawing all NSW teams. If the Suns had MNF they would draw the same crowds, another reason to scrap TNF & MNF (crowd killers). I see the Suns/Titans going back and forth on crowds based on success just like Brisbane. SE QLD sport bandwagon central.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't understand why they don't just open the main stand opposite the cameras? At least it would look fullish if everyone was sat in that stand.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL don't do any of the scheduling of matches during the rouns. It is done by 9 and Fox to maximise TV viewers

No but they do schedule the rounds. Making sure all Sydney clashes happen outside of origin affected weeks and Sydney v out if town happens during is very much in their power.

Ideally next TV deal they will write in that a Friday night game at SFS will be played Sydney v Sydney and Sunday afternoon at ANZ Sydney v Sydney every week. If we are going to have an over saturated Sydney market we may as well take advantage of it where we can and have two Sydney derby games every weekend except origin period. Will ensure max blockbuster opportunities, NRL can get off their arses and create great fan events at these games and market them to hell and take the decision where to play away from clubs.

Last edited:

seanoff

Juniors
They might do a head count instead of a body count and post 15k.

To post 15k they'll be counting arms, legs and heads.

6k would be a good result tbh. One end is basically deserted, the tv side is pretty sparse, the other side is just as sparse as is the populated end.

Wonder what they can do?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just had a look cheapest seat $25 best seat $60. Kids $15-42
Not helping I suppose?

NRL should subsidise Monday night games. $15 adults in stand opposite camera and free kids admission

Last edited:

seanoff

Juniors
Titans need to put a Clive Palmer crowd cap on at Robina. :)

That said, the Suns would set pretty quickly were they to play on a Monday night under these circumstances.

The AFL have decided that monday nights are out. Tried it, crowds werent great. They are much more likely to play the odd thurs night game from next year. 2 this year one in adl one at the scg. 50k and 37k.

We arent the USA where NFL tickets are so over subscribed that monday nights are ok because there are enough people to cover no shows and they have an advanced ticket on sell system in stub hub etc. none of the aus sports can schedule a monday night and expect a great crowd

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just had a look cheapest seat $25 best seat $60. Kids $15-42
Not helping I suppose?

Just the same apathy the entire sport suffers from in most areas. The fans let the sport down a lot of the time.

I can remember what 2-3k looked like when gold coast soccer were tennants so I would say it is comfortably 3 times that 8500-9000 imo.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Surely the NRL can't persist with Monday nights in the next TV deal.
The Titans have posted some very good crowds this season (better than the Suns), but no club is going to draw well on a Monday night.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Problem is they have set the bar now so if they want same or more $'s they either have to stick with it or offer something in its place, 9th game maybe?

elbusto

Coach
Fans across all codes are complaining about scheduling of games, cost of tickets and cost of food and drink.

Yet both the NRL and AFL have attendances up 4% on the same time as last season.

Our bigger problem is the drop in TV viewers compared with the AFL. They are murdering us because they have much better exposure through Foxtel and FTA.

That is our real problem and it cannot be solved during this TV contract.

That is what is really hurting right now.

The AFL is light years ahead of us at the moment regarding exposure of their sport and the gap is getting bigger.

Just the same apathy the entire sport suffers from in most areas. The fans let the sport down a lot of the time.

What created the apathy of league fans? I think the theory of RL being a 'TV' sport is one that get repeated so many times people believed it and stay at home. Along with the usual ticket prices, scheduling & countless excuses.

Canard

Immortal
Fans across all codes are complaining about scheduling of games, cost of tickets and cost of food and drink.

Yet both the NRL and AFL have attendances up 4% on the same time as last season.

Our bigger problem is the drop in TV viewers compared with the AFL. They are murdering us because they have much better exposure through Foxtel and FTA.

That is our real problem and it cannot be solved during this TV contract.

That is what is really hurting right now.

The AFL is light years ahead of us at the moment regarding exposure of their sport and the gap is getting bigger.

Are they really murdering us in the TV ratings? State of Origin tomorrow night will likely be the highest rating TV show of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts