What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nrl have bowed to economics with origin where demand dictates prices are a premium. Yet with the regular season we see ordinary games priced well and truely above what demand is dictating.

Just a general comment, not directed at CC_Roosters: last week when I went to the Titans with the family for $30, this thread was full of "Titans are doomed, tickets too cheap!". Now, tickets are too expensive.

Yeah, the Titans might be struggling, but cheap tickets meant that I travelled about 160km round trip with the family to go and see them.

Just, as they say, saying.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Looks about that, shame after they were expecting closer to 30k, weather looking a bit dodgy may have kept a few a way, still disappointing.

Apart from an above average crowd for newy v the titans I don't think any of the other crowds are above what would be expected in a normal week. Its still going to be a six figure sum to the charity but i would have expected to see more fans get off their ass and get to a game with the cause in mind.

Wests v Bulldogs at anz that's almost 20k to keyed members alone with access, no origin, free public transport, both competitve and up top in the Bulldogs case, free access for anyone who buys a ticket this round, Sunday afternoon. 30-40k was my expectation and anything ower than that is pretty damming on rugby league fans in general.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just a general comment, not directed at CC_Roosters: last week when I went to the Titans with the family for $30, this thread was full of "Titans are doomed, tickets too cheap!". Now, tickets are too expensive.

Yeah, the Titans might be struggling, but cheap tickets meant that I travelled about 160km round trip with the family to go and see them.

Just, as they say, saying.

As they say 20,000 at $10 is better than 10,000 at $20. Sadly the governing body and clubs have not spent the past couple of decades wisely and are third world with their ticketing, stadia and matchday compared to european, American leagues and even the afl

BlueandGold

Juniors
Apart from an above average crowd for newy v the titans I don't think any of the other crowds are above what would be expected in a normal week. Its still going to be a six figure sum to the charity but i would have expected to see more fans get off their ass and get to a game with the cause in mind.

Wests v Bulldogs at anz that's almost 20k to keyed members alone with access, no origin, free public transport, both competitve and up top in the Bulldogs case, free access for anyone who buys a ticket this round, Sunday afternoon. 30-40k was my expectation and anything ower than that is pretty damming on rugby league fans in general.

Big call especially from a Roosters fan.

You blokes win the GF and your crowds go down......................no club in the comp would replicate your club on crowds.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
As they say 20,000 at $10 is better than 10,000 at $20. Sadly the governing body and clubs have not spent the past couple of decades wisely and are third world with their ticketing, stadia and matchday compared to european, American leagues and even the afl

Thing is buy a membership and you can get to games for less than $20 a game at many clubs. At gate prices do need to be a bit lower, especially for kids/families but NRL prices are not out of kilter, and cheaper in some cases, than many premier sports leagues. Maybe having one GA stand with cheap admission, say $15, for those who genuinely can't afford $30 would be worth trying for a season.

oldmancraigy

Coach

I think you are being a bit soft. It is more damning on Australians in general. Or maybe that is understating it. It is damning on the Southern hemisphere that rugby league crowds are near record levels this year. Just pathetic.

BunniesMan

Immortal
22,225 for Wests-Dogs. Somewhat underwhelming.

26, 401 at Newy. Which is decent IMO.

Everyone was talking about 30k+ for both.

Only 1 outstanding crowd (Brisbane) this weekend when we were expecting as many as 3.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
We're looking at about 145k for the round which is a fair bit down from what most of us were expecting. Sadly, perhaps we overestimated the Rise for Alex factor in terms of increasing crowds?

The real disappointing one was Wests-Dogs. Two big Western Sydney teams, one near the top of the table, the other a top 8 contender. And every one who bought a ticket to any other game was getting into this one for free. I don't think it's over the top to say it should have got close to double what it actually did.

22k for two west sydney teams on a sunday afternoon (the preferred league fan timeslot). 'Heartland'. Aleast brisbane delivered and will again with the storm on Friday i think.

insert.pause

First Grade
Brisbane were always expecting around 35-7k and I think the warriors form had more to do with any gain then the riseforalex stuff.

Sydneysiders are apathetic about attending sport and because of that our crowds will always be average.

DIOGENES

Juniors
A round of 145,000 puts the aggregate about 57,000 greater than last year after 136 games or about 420 more per game. If that continues the year will come in about 3rd. An average of just under 17k is required for the record aggregate - possible I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.