What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Newcastle running dead last with Cronulla for parts of the year - 17k is outstanding in those circumstances. Now Bennett leaving, form still a concern - I'd cut them some slack.

Penrith, Manly, Roosters on the other hand...

Very weak for Manly + Roosters.

Penrith are having their 9th best crowd season ever. So let's cut them some slack? Sure, we might think it should be 15k+, but that's just not what they've accomplished over time.
They're only really 1-2 big crowds away from their best efforts since their last premiership era (2000-2005). They've improved on the last few years, what more could we want?

[pretty good reason NOT to build a whopping big stadium out there for them though]

pHyR3

Juniors
Im guessing you werent at the game. Tigers outnumbered bulldogs 3:1
And given the way anz works with reciprical access it really wasnt a 'home' game.

did you even read what i said? "almost no tigers at the game"

so yes i was there and yes i know we were sparsely spread.

if you were at the eels vs tigers game (eels home game) you would have seen an easy 20k tigers fans there. So they exist, but they can be a bit band waggony...

if you were at the eels vs tigers game (eels home game) you would have seen an easy 20k tigers fans there. So they exist, but they can be a bit band waggony...

In that case you should be bagging Dogs fans for not turning up, not Tigers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
like I keep saying most Sydney clubs have 11-14k fans willing to pay to watch them. Might go up or down slightly with form but generally this is the number. Accept this and you won't be disappointed at all the sub 15k crowds we see or when two sydney teams play in front of 20k or below.

The key for the NRL and clubs is how to grow this 11-14k to 18-20k. Then we will see far fewer sub 15k crowds, many more 25k+ crowds for all sydney games and break our 16k plateau the NRL has been on for years in terms of crowd avg.

Valheru

Coach
For those interested the last 5 crowds for Roosters Penrith at the SFS excluding the semi in 2010 were

2013 – 11176
2012 – 12746
2011 – 9713
2008 – 9724
2007 – 11326

2004 produced a crowd of 20,000

RWB

Bench
27,282 in round 1.

That would hardly qualify as a 'problem' crowd IMO.

You obviously weren't on here during Round 1.

Problem is an understatement, it was a catastrophe. Almost had to call the 2014 season off the way some people carried on.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
27,282 in round 1.

That would hardly qualify as a 'problem' crowd IMO.
Season opener, teams both top four from previous season including reigning premiers, last clash drew in 59k.

With proper context, 27k was a disappointing crowd, yes.

Dogs v Tigers yesterday would've been 50/50 or so, unless you ran the count at the 75th minute when half the Dogs fans had hit the carpark or train station.

Perth Red

Post Whore
re SCG were is best place to sit? Going to be in town for the Souths game there in a couple of weeks. Being an oval ground I'm not expecting much of a view but another ground to tick off the list.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
re SCG were is best place to sit? Going to be in town for the Souths game there in a couple of weeks. Being an oval ground I'm not expecting much of a view but another ground to tick off the list.

Gee, all I can say is make sure your elevated. Probably the stand opp where the cameras (side of members stand) will be. Haven't been there for years. Victor Trumper stand sections 311-316 in my opinion but closer to railing at front of that stand.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

I was end on and elevated in 2010 v the dragons and it was a decent view. Possibly the Churchill stand but memory is foggy

Canard

Immortal
So Melbourne SoO on sale tomorrow.

Cheapest is $50 with a lot of better seats around $130 to $150.

Clearly priced to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.