What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I personally never understood what the big fuss was with the whole full vs half strength alcohol
Because i like to get pissed when i drink. Isnt that the point of drinking alcohol ?

You have to drink about 12 of them merkins at the game to get a buzz.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I personally never understood what the big fuss was with the whole full vs half strength alcohol at the footy. Half the time it's sooo cold in winter at the footy I can't be assed drinking anyway. Same goes for the food, it's usually that low in quality and that high in price I don't know why people bother.

It is only after all a 2 hour footy game, you're not there for 6 hours. Then again heaps of my mates complain and it seems to be a big reason they wont go to the footy because it's half strength beer so go figure...

I haven't bought more than two beers at a game all year.

I eat and drink out at Caxton St/ Rosalie/ city before the game.

cleary89

Coach
For many people it's a social event and aussies like to drink at social events.

If I turned up to a mates bbq where he was providing drinks and it was all mid strength I'd be outraged. Same at a wedding. f**k drinking mid strength.

Hard to convince my mates to go for a night out at the footy when your paying $8 to drink mid strength.

For many people it's a social event and aussies like to drink at social events.

If I turned up to a mates bbq where he was providing drinks and it was all mid strength I'd be outraged. Same at a wedding. f**k drinking mid strength.

Hard to convince my mates to go for a night out at the footy when your paying $8 to drink mid strength.

Drink excuse is the weakest and worst excuse to not attend, it's a 80 min game. :roll:
How many drinks can be consume in 2 hours while watching league at the same time?
One of the most petty excuses to no show along with the opposition excuse eg Cowboys away anywhere.

Valheru

Coach
Drink excuse is the weakest and worst excuse to not attend, it's a 80 min game. :roll:
How many drinks can be consume in 2 hours while watching league at the same time?
One of the most petty excuses to no show along with the opposition excuse eg Cowboys away anywhere.

At least 4 and we don't want them to be half strength!!

betcats

Referee

4 at time you mean. Dont got to the footy much but when I do I usually end up drinking a fair bit, like more then I would usually in that time because I get a few beers at a time to avoid lining up, a tray of four at kick off and half time does nicely unless some goon knocks them over.

Sime_11

Juniors

u can get half strength coffee's/latte's these days ??? :p

saw more easts fans drinkin the hot stuff over mid strength last saturday :p

agree though, if your paying $7 plus for a beer at a game, should be full strength, people will still get pissed when they drink alcohol at the football even if its mid strength, at least be decent to the fans and get em pissed without having to go into debt....

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep, few pints in the pub, at the game refuse to buy crappy beer at silly prices pre poured in plastic cups, back to the pub for debrief of the game over a couple more decent pints. Pub = beer! stadium = footy.

guyver78

Juniors
There's a pub outside just about every stadium. Have a few before you go in, then pace yourself with 2-3 throughout the game and problem solved...

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Drinking just dulls the senses. Don't understand why drinks before or during the game is such a big deal.

Train to the city
Feed at Hog's Breath
Watch the footy
Drinks on Caxton St
Go out on the town or go home

Can't really say I hate Bronco Night Football

Valheru

Coach
There's a pub outside just about every stadium. Have a few before you go in, then pace yourself with 2-3 throughout the game and problem solved...

It doesnt matter whether you want 1 or 15 beers. The point is the average person wants it to be full strength, not this half strength garbage for $7

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Why do you genii think they only sell half strength beer? It's to stop yobbos getting sloshed and ruining things for everyone else. Yes, it means that sensible drinkers can't enjoy a full strength beer but that's a small price to pay. Unless you want wankers punching on on the stands or invading the field.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Which outside ANZ still only serves mid strength trash! It is why I have brought a 'Sprite' bottle with booze the last few times I have gone to that rubbish stadium. I like the SCG/SFS, more restaurants within distance and more good pubs.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why do you genii think they only sell half strength beer? It's to stop yobbos getting sloshed and ruining things for everyone else. Yes, it means that sensible drinkers can't enjoy a full strength beer but that's a small price to pay. Unless you want wankers punching on on the stands or invading the field.

So because the RSA and event staff don't do their job, we suffer. No wonder crowds are not going up that much! Australians like a beer or two at the footy, we don't like watered down half strength rubbish!

Status
Not open for further replies.