What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Season opener, teams both top four from previous season including reigning premiers, last clash drew in 59k.

With proper context, 27k was a disappointing .

Psh.

Roosters have never had consecutive seasons averaging 15k, have never broken 20k avg. 27k is a great crowd.

dogz08

First Grade
Next week..

Knights v Roosters 20k
Broncos v Storm 40k
Panthers v Sharks 10k
Titans v Eels 12k
Bulldogs v Cowboys 15k
Warriors v Sea Eagles 18k
Tigers v Dragons 20k
Raiders v Rabbitohs 10k

juro

Bench
Doing my comparison of games again (see http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...postcount=2019).

We finally had a positive round (even if I was hoping for much more). Round 19 (147k) was 16k up on the average of the equivalent games from 2009-2013 (132k). This regains losses for the last 3 weeks. If we were to get average crowds for the remaining 7 weeks, we would finish with 3,128k, our 2nd best year ever (2012 had 3,153k).

crowd_2014_19.png

Pretty much all of the gain this week came from Knights vs Titans (+13k). The previous biggest crowd between these teams was 21k in 2008.

The other positives were:
- Broncos vs Warriors +6k
- Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs +3k (biggest crowd for this fixture since 2006)
- Roosters vs Panthers +3k (biggest crowd for this fixture since 2004)

The negatives were:
- Dragons vs Sea Eagles -5k (lowest ever crowd for this fixture)
- Sharks vs Cowboys -3k
- Eels vs Rabbitohs -2k

Storm vs Raiders was marginally positive.

Next week's par crowd total is 152k, and I'm thinking we will struggle to get close.

My guesses are:
- Knights vs Roosters 15k
- Broncos vs Storm 41k
- Panthers vs Sharks 13k
- Titans vs Eels 12k
- Bulldogs vs Cowboys 16k
- Wests Tigers vs Dragons 22k
- Warriors vs Sea Eagles 17k
- Raiders vs Rabbitohs 7k
Total: 143k

guyver78

Juniors
re SCG were is best place to sit? Going to be in town for the Souths game there in a couple of weeks. Being an oval ground I'm not expecting much of a view but another ground to tick off the list.

O'Reilly stand is the only decent place to sit at the SCG for League games. Rest is below average.
Hate the SCG, its not a RL ground

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Average after R19 last year was 15,700ish, now 16,300. Well ahead of last year. Let's hope it stays up.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Hi Timmah
I think you got the average wrong on the last round. It wasn't 24k but 18.4 and the year average so far is 16,100 plus not 16,300

juro

Bench
Do you know what the count was this time in 2012?? (that was the record year, IIRC)
At this time in 2012, we were up to 2,238k (42k up on this year). Average per game was 16,456, compared to 16,143 this year.

We are ahead of 2013, but behind where we were in 2012, 2011 (16,300) and 2010 (16,151).

cleary89

Coach
O'Reilly stand is the only decent place to sit at the SCG for League games. Rest is below average.
Hate the SCG, its not a RL ground

Sat there v Tigers last year. If it's a day game avoid it at all costs. Even without looking into the sun it wasn't great.

Sat top of brewongle v dogs in 2011 (the darius intercept game), was ok.

Sat bay 12 at the front of the trumper stand in 2010 v roosters, was shit and hardly saw anything.

It's a terrible ground for watching league.

guyver78

Juniors
Sat there v Tigers last year. If it's a day game avoid it at all costs. Even without looking into the sun it wasn't great.

Sat top of brewongle v dogs in 2011 (the darius intercept game), was ok.

Sat bay 12 at the front of the trumper stand in 2010 v roosters, was shit and hardly saw anything.

It's a terrible ground for watching league.

Yeah people complain about ANZ but the SCG is far worse!!!

Timmah

Staff member
Do you know what the count was this time in 2012?? (that was the record year, IIRC)

Crowd total 2012 (136 games): 2,237,962
Crowd average 2012: 16,456

DIOGENES - fixed in the Game Day Spoilers section. 16,143 the correct average yep

Timmah

Staff member
Yeah that's the most important part of a rugby league match :roll:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
:lol: Yep, spend $40 bucks to go to a footy game where you can't see a thing just for the full strength beer. Sounds reasonable.

guyver78

Juniors
I personally never understood what the big fuss was with the whole full vs half strength alcohol at the footy. Half the time it's sooo cold in winter at the footy I can't be assed drinking anyway. Same goes for the food, it's usually that low in quality and that high in price I don't know why people bother.

It is only after all a 2 hour footy game, you're not there for 6 hours. Then again heaps of my mates complain and it seems to be a big reason they wont go to the footy because it's half strength beer so go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.