What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Danish

Referee
A few people I work with Dont like a league or soccer

But are going to Sydney Derby

Just to experience the atmosphere

It looks to be one of the best atmospheres in aus sport

If you want an atmosphere of idiots jumping around and singing songs, go to a Hillsong church on a Sunday. They are in better tune.

If you want to actually sit in a great atmosphere that reacts to what is happening in the field, a Wanderers game is not for you

DC_fan

Coach
I think the point he made went straight over your head.

Of course fans don't care about the gate %'s their club makes but his proposal puts the onus back on the 'home' club to market the shit out of the upcoming game because there is a carrot dangling out in front of them in that they get to keep all the cash generated from ticket sales.

I understood where he was coming from. What I am saying and said previously is that fans don't give a stuff how much clubs make from gate takings and it doesn't influence fans to go to games.

I also mentioned their was heavy promotion for both games in the lead up to the weekend. The Telegraph couldn't stop talking about both games and made the games a big part of the paper, while nightly news in their sport segments were the same. So tell me how much more could these games been hyped.

CT said give the Roosters a reason to get their fans off the couch. Well they have struggled all year to do that, so why should finals football be any different.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You claimed there are too many teams in Sydney. When the last 5 standing are all Sydney teams, clearly there are not too many.

When 3 of those clubs can only draw 45k between them in their biggest games of the season there clearly are.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well f**king move to Sydney, get to the games yourself, and try and drag as many people as you can along with you. Do something about it, or shut the f**k up.

DC_fan

Coach
To top last seasons crowd totals for the season we need a further 151,433 fans to attend the final three games. Given that the grand final should pull 80.000 plus that leaves around 70,000 to attend next weekends two games, which should happen easily.

Danish

Referee
To top last seasons crowd totals for the season we need a further 151,433 fans to attend the final three games. Given that the grand final should pull 80.000 plus that leaves around 70,000 to attend next weekends two games, which should happen easily.

Crowds are terrible though... Just ask any of the regular sooks in this thread

BuffaloRules

Coach
It's not just the usual sooks here...

Every rabid AFL and Soccer code warrior would be dumbfounded to hear that the crowds will actually finish up this year compared to last year...

Our media does such a great job of talking the game down...

RWB

Bench
NRL just released their seating maps for the games @ ANZ and there's only two dedicated bays for supporters of each side.

I mean honestly, you think the Roosters fans are only going to fill one Chookpen bay or Souths only one Burrow bay in a Grand Final qualifier? The NRL's running of this finals series has been nothing short of embarrassing.

To describe it as incompetence would be flattering.

Atmosphere101.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Our came will get 68k I'm predicting.

Comparing this weekend's crowds of 28k and 18k to the A-League derby is ridiculous. It's a thrice-yearly event, the NRL is played in Sydney an average of 3 times a week between March and September.

It's called f**king supply and demand.

There are 7 elimination games a year in the NRL. 28 and 18k in week 2 isn't good enough for any team.

NRL just released their seating maps for the games @ ANZ and there's only two dedicated bays for supporters of each side.

I mean honestly, you think the Roosters fans are only going to fill one Chookpen bay or Souths only one Burrow bay in a Grand Final qualifier? The NRL's running of this finals series has been nothing short of embarrassing.

To describe it as incompetence would be flattering.

Atmosphere101.

f**k all Roosters fans have turned up so far this finals series

RWB

Bench
f**k all Roosters fans have turned up so far this finals series

Guarantee we'll sell out the Chookpen in the first day of ticket sales, unlike Penrith who didn't sell out The Den until the last day.

But you keep telling yourself that.

Latest posts